Insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I've heard Babtac is the best for beauty insurance. Any other suggestions?

Also I haven't started my home based nail business yet. Still in process.

What stage do I get insurance once I get clients or just start it now?

I use Salon Gold, really easy to do online & a good price. It is valid for under 16's too which I know some companies aren't. I got it as soon as I'd finished my course even though I was only practicing on friends/family to start with. Thought it was better to be on the safe side, hth x

You need to be insured as soon as you are working on people. Even our closest friends can be tempted into a no win no fee situation if the think they will come out richer :eek: Best to be on the safe side.

BABTAC and The Guild and two of the biggest insurance companies around but Salon Gold, ABT and professional beauty also offer insurance so worth looking into all and deciding which is best for you xx

I had Insurance sorted out as soon as I starting my training as I knew I would be doing nails on real people before I started earning any money.

I use ABT and they have been since Day 1.

My college gave us a years insurance with abt along with the course. Insured for upto 6 million. I will probably just stick with them forever out of laziness lol x

level 3 nail student
Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk :)

Hi Rita,

Thank you for the compliment, its lovely to hear. Congratulations on starting your own business, how exciting! Given that you have had a recommendation for us, we are sure you already know about our packages and membership benefits, but if not, you can find out more about them here… Membership packages and insurance policies from BABTAC.

In answer to your question about when to insure, MissOwen is right when she says you need to cover yourself for working with people whether you are charging or not; you never know what might happen! When you buy your insurance will depend how far along you are with setting up the business. If you will soon be ready to take on clients, then register now, but if you are a few months away, then we’d wait until nearer the time as your insurance is paid annually. Don’t forget though, as part of our packages, we also offer a wide range of additional benefits that can help you and your business, including Vitality magazine which keeps you up-to-date with industry trends and developments, business and legal support services, supplier discounts etc., which are all useful when setting up and will help to save you money.

To help you even further you might find these threads helpful:
•http://www.salongeek.com/biz-geek/187533-what-insurance-company-go.html
•http://www.salongeek.com/consumer-queries/184016-skincare-tanning-guild-vs-babtac.html
•http://www.salongeek.com/biz-geek/175322-insurance-tomorrow-abt-babtac.html

We hope this helps and we’d love to have you as a member if you feel we the right company for you!

If you have any questions at all regarding our packages, just call our membership team on 0845 250 7227 (option 1) and they’ll be happy to help. Alternatively, we’ll respond to threads on here :p

Good Luck!

Kind Regards
The BABTAC Team

Salon gold is a good one. So easy to apply for too xx

ABT £49 For Nails per year plus a subscription to Scratch magazine ( delivered each month ) x

Thank you Babtac!!

Will look into it.

ABT £49 For Nails per year plus a subscription to Scratch magazine ( delivered each month ) x

I agree when you take off the amount the scratch subscription would normally cost you the amount left is less than £20 for the insurance! Well worth it in my opinion and that's one of the reasons I chose ABT. Xx

Wow i was just about to renew with salongold but a years scratch subscription sounds fab. Thanks for that.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Wow i was just about to renew with salongold but a years scratch subscription sounds fab. Thanks for that.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Hi Everyone
We just wanted to say a big thank you to MeToYouNails, xxJackiexx and Stephiebaby for giving us such great feedback about ABT, we do aim to give great cover at very reasonable prices with some great member benefits like subscriptions to Guild News or Scratch magazine.
There are lots of insurance companies out there but if you'd like some impartial advice Rita please do call us on 0845 0175090 and we'd be very happy to help
:D

I went with ABT because
A) they seemed to answer the phone quickly when I rang to enquire about coverage
B) the Scratch subscription
I would choose them again as they have updated my covered treatments list quickly as I gained new qualifications.

I've been looking into insurances.

I saw the standard package prices, however I want to know from geeks on here did you get cover for stocks & equipment? Because then it bumps up the price doesn't it?

I'm in process of starting up from home.

Latest posts

Back