INT or Brisa gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady_of_Pain

Reaction score
Hi. I am finishing up my nail technician course on October 31st. I called a salon about renting a spot or going on commission, and I believe we have arranged something.

The owner told me that the other Nail Tech uses INT, and she has a huge client list which I would get when she goes on maternity leave if I use INT. He says that it is not so much her technique, but the gel that she uses that makes her so good (I question this, obviously she must have a good technique otherwise her nails would look bad)

I told him that I would prefer to use Brisa gel, but also said that I am flexible, and this job is at an extremely high end salon in the city, so I would really like to take it. Also the owner was extremely nice, very accomodating and is willing to negotiate an arrangement with me.

I don't know anything about INT, so I am hopnig that someone here can tell me about it, and if you are reading this Geeg, I am waiting for your input!!!Thanks everyone!

Carol

I just realized that INT is a canadian company, so maybe many of you don't know of it. Their website is http://www.intnails.com if anyone wants to check it out.

Was going to say I had not heard of it love!!

But it is Brisa gel that is winning all the competitions both here and inthe USA!

That must count for something!

:green: Hi Lady Pain :)

I too have never heard of this Gel company - I guess the Canadian teks will have to chime in here - Anna from Toronto - anyone??? I can't pass judgement; they sure have a lot of products - without their education I would imagine it could be confusing! Do your own nails with it plus the other hand with Brisa and see what you think! Unless the brand is SUPER well known, clients don't really know OR understand what is being used! I totally agree with your comment - the gel isn't making this tek look good but she obviously has good technique and does lovely nails (well at least that is what you are being told); ...here's the thing, your technique with your own system maybe better - who knows!!! :wink2:

Yeah I checked out the website and it looks like there is 12 different gels!!! That is insane. I can't help but thinking that it would be more complicated, until you got used to it I guess.

I would very much rather use Brisa though. I think that next week when I go down there I will show him my nails, or bring a model that I have done. I'm sure that he will see the difference then.

the brisa nails look fab! cant wait to get my kit this weekend!!!!!!!!! does anyone know if it has a video with it?

KAt xxx

I got my Brisa kit last week, and it KICKS...............well you know what!

I love it!!!

INT gel is a great gel and I was using it for many years until I discovered Akzentz.It's true,there is 12 gels but you can do great set of nails using only 3 .They have a great customer service .For me personaly Akzentz gels are more clear and easy to work with than INT.
Lana

it probably sounds totally stupid but where are you getting the kits from and what sort of prices are you paying for them.
nail extensions is my hobby more than a profession and all of my friends have them done and i make a little money on it now and again. but since i've stopped working in the salon i am not receiving any of the magazines so totally at a loss of any events.

Latest posts

Back