Interview Saturday ... advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

* Helen *

Reaction score
Hiya all

I was just looking for some advice really ... I found a Tech position had opened in a newish salon in my town, the owner was my tech about 4 years ago. Anyway I gave her a call at lunch time and explained that I had only passed my VTCT in May and I know & want to do further training but cant until 6 months to a year ... this salon uses LCN.

The lady suggested that I go for a chat on Saturday and she will explain what she is requiring. Shall I go in smart dress or trousers & tunic? I havent any certificates through yet for my VTCT though.

Im so nervous, this is my first time Ive applied for a Tech job. Its full time so I would have to give up my current job. Is there anything that you can tell me or what I can expect?

Sorry you have propably answered these question loads of times before :o

Helencad said:
Hiya all

I was just looking for some advice really ... I found a Tech position had opened in a newish salon in my town, the owner was my tech about 4 years ago. Anyway I gave her a call at lunch time and explained that I had only passed my VTCT in May and I know & want to do further training but cant until 6 months to a year ... this salon uses LCN.

The lady suggested that I go for a chat on Saturday and she will explain what she is requiring. Shall I go in smart dress or trousers & tunic? I havent any certificates through yet for my VTCT though.

Im so nervous, this is my first time Ive applied for a Tech job. Its full time so I would have to give up my current job. Is there anything that you can tell me or what I can expect?

Sorry you have propably answered these question loads of times before :o

I wouldn't go in a tunic, not if its an informal chat... but you could perhaps say you have got one. If you know this lady already, you can be a little more honest with her and hopefully you will feel more at ease.

Good Luck!! I hope that you get the job!! xx

CadenceAlex said:
I wouldn't go in a tunic, not if its an informal chat... but you could perhaps say you have got one. If you know this lady already, you can be a little more honest with her and hopefully you will feel more at ease.

Good Luck!! I hope that you get the job!! xx

Thanks chick, it will be a big step if I do get it ... excited & nervous!

Thank you x

good luck hun, just be yourself and show your stuff, i would personally wear my tunic just to show how proffesional you are but i dont think it will matter as long as you are smart,and i know youll be nervous but all you can do hun is your best! x x good luck x x let us know how you get on

jules x

kaney jules said:
good luck hun, just be yourself and show your stuff, i would personally wear my tunic just to show how proffesional you are but i dont think it will matter as long as you are smart,and i know youll be nervous but all you can do hun is your best! x x good luck x x let us know how you get on

jules x

I agree,i would wear it too,i may even be tempted to fib ad say you have been/are doing nails that day :wink2: ,good luck hun x x xx

kaney jules said:

jules x

Thanks Jules

I am going to do a kick a** set of nails, not sure what finish to go for yet.

Im thinking maybe of being put on the spot and asked for a mani or demo, so I'm not sure about what to wear.

Thanks again hun, will post when I have been xx

becki x said:
I agree,i would wear it too,i may even be tempted to fib ad say you have been/are doing nails that day :wink2: ,good luck hun x x xx

you know ... I had exactly the same idea pmsl:o

Thanks hun xx

Helencad said:
Thanks Jules

I am going to do a kick a** set of nails, not sure what finish to go for yet.

Im thinking maybe of being put on the spot and asked for a mani or demo, so I'm not sure about what to wear.

Thanks again hun, will post when I have been xx

no probs i would go prepared because they are bound to ask for a demo and you do the most fabulous nails ever all the best of luck again to youx

julesx

Good Luck hun!!

let us know how it all goes!!!

xxxxxxxxxxx

mand778 said:
Good Luck hun!!

let us know how it all goes!!!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you hun, will do xxx

Good Luck! :hug:

I too would go in my tunic - it shows a totally professional attitude - you dont know what she is going to throw at you!! Best to be totally prepared!

Hope all goes well for you hun, keep us updated!:p

Good luck hunni xxx

Good Luck for your interview on Saturday, I would also go in my uniform, it shows you are professional, and that you are fully prepared to do a demo set if she requires it.

Please let us all know how you get on.

Joan

Thanks for the replies everyone :D

Ive decided to go in my tunic ...

I will let you know how it goes!

Thank you ;)

Good Luck for tomorrow Helen!!!!x

jules x

Helencad said:
Thanks for the replies everyone :D

Ive decided to go in my tunic ...

I will let you know how it goes!

Thank you ;)

Good luck chick,pm me with how u go on,i will be on hol and may miss the thread when i get back :Love:

becki x said:
Good luck chick,pm me with how u go on,i will be on hol and may miss the thread when i get back :Love:

Will do hun, thank you ... have a great holiday xx :hug:

Jules ... thank you hun xx :D

will be thinking of you tomorrow... xxx

Tips for this morning, try to relax, take deep slow breaths arrive early, be confident and you will walk through the interview.

Just wanted to show I am here and thinking of you on this your Big Day

Joan

Latest posts

Back