Inventing something other than acetone for removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pooh8bear

Reaction score
As it seems to be mainly the acetone that dries the nail plate & give some people those horrible white dehydration marks to the nail plate I wish "the people in the know" would come up with a better solution for removing the product.

Does anyone else feel this?

I use d-solve which I get from s2. It's great because I can use it with shellac wraps as well as soak of L&P in an easy soak. I find that there is only an ever so slight 'white finger' with d-solve. No were near what you get with acetone.
Vicki xx

Hiya

D Solve is acetone.

:o)

Hiya

Yes it is buffered. All acetone used in nail services should be buffered.

Tracy x

Yes it's buffered. Still seems a bit kinder than ordinary acetone.
Vicki xx

OPI expert touch laquer remover is great too and not dehydrate the fingers and the skin around the nail, works great with any SOG including Shellac.

i wish they would invent an acetone gel. you could be very precise in your application, i try to be very careful when applying the acetone soaked wraps but feel a gel of some type would minimise the seepage onto the surrounding skin.

I use d-solve which I get from s2. It's great because I can use it with shellac wraps as well as soak of L&P in an easy soak. I find that there is only an ever so slight 'white finger' with d-solve. No were near what you get with acetone.
Vicki xx

I changed from Bio Sculpture gel remover to CND d-solve but I think I got less white marks with the Bio Sculpture gel remover.

Really looking for something that leaves NO dehydration marks.

It seems less drying when the clients can go 3 or 4 weeks which most of my clients are doing now but how can we talk them into having their nails done more frequently, especially when they are removed every couple of weeks & it is the (buffered) acetone that is drying the nails out.

i wish they would invent an acetone gel. you could be very precise in your application, i try to be very careful when applying the acetone soaked wraps but feel a gel of some type would minimise the seepage onto the surrounding skin.

Great idea.

Sorry if I appear a bit dumb but what does buffered acetone mean? :confused:

That's a great idea.!!
Vicki xx

Hiya

Buffered acetone is diluted to approx 90% acetone. 100% acetone is industrial strength and too harsh for salon use.

Tracy x

As it seems to be mainly the acetone that dries the nail plate & give some people those horrible white dehydration marks to the nail plate I wish "the people in the know" would come up with a better solution for removing the product.

Does anyone else feel this?
There are many chemicals that can soak off nails enhancements...
But there is none safer than acetone - this is why all removers are based on it

Acetone is one of the safest chemicals in our industry. It just happens to be so good at evaporating that it can leave temporary white overly dehydrated areas. A good dose of solar oil will help ;)

Hth's

There was one ages ago. Really cool stuff too but guess why it isn't around anymore?

Price. People complained it was more expensive than acetone so it died a death when techs scrimped on the pence per application difference.

As Envy said, no safer and more affordable solvent for the job.

Well that's an interesting tid bit ... Once again cost killed quality...

Thanks sam

I know the white marks are temporary dehydration but it doesn't look good to the client.
Especially if you are trying to talk them in to having them re-done every 2 weeks instead of 4.

If it is removal & reapplication which it is for 90% of clients, then solar oil would mar the adhesion of the next application.

There was one ages ago. Really cool stuff too but guess why it isn't around anymore?

Price. People complained it was more expensive than acetone so it died a death when techs scrimped on the pence per application difference.

As Envy said, no safer and more affordable solvent for the job.

I wonder if people would be more interested now we have the likes of Shellac as it would help bring the clients in more often if they weren't seeing those white marks.

Latest posts

Back