IPL or Laser?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautystar

Reaction score
Hiya

Im considering taking the plunge and investing in a laser/ipl machine. However I am a little concerened to say the least by the huge investment that is needed.

Can anyone advise which is the best machine to buy ?

what are the positives and negatives that you have exoerienced since buying the machine and what should i watch out for ?

Also if anyone knows of any good deals that are out there please let me know.

Thanks

I would go with Alma (Soprano XL system),these are what we use in our salon and we get absolutely fab results.Have a look on their website for details and advice. It is an expensive outlay but you seriously get what you pay for and when you consider the amount of clients you will gain from being able to offer IPL it really is worth it.

When looking at an IPL/Laser it would really also depend on what you want to use it for. Is it just for hair removal? I would also check and see about consumables. Also if you have the chance to try out a machine, you should take advantage of it. There can be learning curves to every machine. You can get a machine that can produce the results but you need to be trained on there technology. Check out the the servicing on the machines and how is the companies customer service? I do strictly hair removal and I have worked with Cynosure and the LightSheer Diode.

What is your budget?

If you do a search on here you will find some peoples suggestions
Lynton are close to me so I have met wit them and been on some of their courses
The have different priced ones starting at about 15k ( which is the one I will probably have to start with) going up to 40k-60k ( which is the one I am working towards!)
Other good names are Lumenis, Pulsar and a few others
Good luck x

i Would try using the Viss Beauty Home ipl unit. I have pretty light hair, but still noticeable, and unwanted. And it totally got rid of it permanently. and i payed 550 bucks( Home page ), and have never had to drop a dime since, and have had at least a hundred hours of use, all over my body, the legs are amazing, super smooth, and what hairs randomly do pop up are super thin and totally light blond ( which they never used to be) . I was very impressed and super satisfied!

hi there, my head is wrecked, i am, trying to buy a machine... has anyone used the demilec company, evryone i have rang have said there machine is the besy of course, and think ive narrowed it down to lynton or ellipse or demilec???

The absorption of light by hair and skin is dependent on the wavelength (colour) of the light. IPL uses a much broader spectrum of light than laser. Consequently, IPL is suitable for a wider range of hair colours and skin types than laser. The broad spectrum of IPL light also results in the light penetrating skin across a wider range of depths resulting in a greater number of hair follicles being treated.

IPL treats a much larger area of skin per light pulse than lasers which makes the treatment much faster and more cost effective.

IPL causes less damage to the surrounding skin than lasers and, therefore, the risk of skin pigmentation / depigmentation is much lower.

Hope this helps!

I agree I definitely prefer IPL

IPL is brilliant if you have a decent machine, avoid imports as they are rarely safe and are causing many court claims in the uk at present. Therapists suing suppliers and clients suing therapists! These companies sell you equipment that is dangerous and can cause serious burns and even skin cancer. The companies disappear then set up under a new name! Plz look at uk reputable companies (if u r in uk lol)
Myself I love my pulsarlab IPL it's fab and I know my clients and myself are 100% safe xx

Its the future of Hair removal.

Unlike any other products on the market it can:

Treat any skin colour
Treat any hair colour including grey/white hair
No risk of burning
Entire areas can be treated and cleared in one session

Its also a lot cheaper than buying the machines.

Have a look at the web site its www.clinogen.com

Last edited:
defo IPL have you had a look on the naturalaser website they do one called the naturalux..it has freezehead technology so virtually pain free for your clients..we have one in our salon in edinburgh and its on non stop clients luv it...mail me for more info if you like x

Hi there,

:D Oooo it is a difficult one as there are so many companies to choose from, just do your homework and compare prices, customer service and how they help with on going support.

I work as a clinician at a SkinFirst clinic in Cheshire and the company i work for sells and rents the machines. I know that the people that are already renting or have purchased a machine have been very happy!!! The machine also has the inclusion of radio frequency technology!

Have had some amazing feedback. If your still looking please contact the company on 01925 261650 and they will answer any questions you have and have some ex demo machines also!

We will be at the professional beauty expo in London on 4th and 5th March so pop and see the machines! And i'm sure the manager is giving special offers on the days leading up to the expo and the 2 days of the expo but i know she would never normally have offers this good.

Happy hunting!!!

Rachael

Can anyone recommend a reputable company to train in London please? I am interested to learn more about IPL.

Thank you.

what about trying a profit share system like pulsar, then you have no initial outlay except training, while you decide?

Thank you for your quick reply. What is the profit share? Not heard of that before?

Thank you for your quick reply. What is the profit share? Not heard of that before?

I get the use of the machine and get a % of the cost of the treatment, so outlay for the machine or maintaince of it. Works well for me and have had fantastic results

www.pulsaripl.co.uk

Thank you! Have registered, but can't get to see the training details. Will contact them in the morning.

Can anyone recommend a trained, experienced therapist in London.

Thank you.

Latest posts

Back