Is a Minx training course nessesary?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautilicious2Oz

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am looking to invest in the ever popular Minx products.

Is the training offered at Ellisons or SweetSquared nessesary or can you self teach with help from the training film on sweet Squared?

Thanks

It is always good to go and see a minx demo. That is what I done and you get a chance to have a go yourself. As long as you are a qualified nail tech, you can purchase minx.

hth

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I was not aware you have to be a qualified nail tech to offer Minx?? Can I ask what the normal charge is for the service? Thanks

As it is a part of a nail service it makes sense iykwim, doing the proper prep etc.

As for pricing, that is pretty much down to an individual thing, i.e. location and your own costs timing wise etc. :)

I am not a qualified nail tech but am qualified to offer manicure and Pedicures so was planning to incorporate Minx in with that?

I am not a qualified nail tech but am qualified to offer manicure and Pedicures so was planning to incorporate Minx in with that?

That I am not sure of so can't advise hun, best to contact Ellisons or Sweet Squared and check. :)

On the minx training video to say's to use minx prep on the nail? I can't find it anywhere in the product book from sweet squared? Is this only available in the states?
Many Thanks Lorraine x

Last edited:
Sweet Squared do free mentor days and one coming up in Leeds is on Minx on 20 July. Why not give them a ring and see if there is one closer to you 0845 210 6060.

anne xx

Hi,
I have done the elissons course - I personally think it was worth the money....You do the course get shown how to prep & problem solve & you get 10% off all purchased in the cash & carry that day (so you can buy your minx kit & some minx & nail prep etc) & get a lovely certificate to put on your wall!

I am not a qualified nail tech I have done Manicures & Pedicures the same as you, In fact Minx lasts better on the natural nails!

Nail prep is done by all different makes it's just something to dehydrate the nail to get a better adhesion.

I personally charge £20 for Minx which is a cut, file cuticle work & Minx application.

I hope this helps & do feel free to message me if you want more info.

Carla

I think minx is one of those nice little certs to have, adds thats something extra to offer your clients! I should really make that trip to coventry & go get it!!
x

Latest posts

Back