Is anyone else not good at lash extensions!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cathill

Reaction score
Aggghhh... i did my lash extension course just before Christmas since then iv done about 6 sets I'm sooo rubbish at it they look naff when I've finished and im there for so long my vision starts to go blurry and i cant see where to stick the god dam things properly!! Someone Else tell me your rubbish as well make me feel a bit better!! a hurr hurrrrrr:irked:

Oh flower, you only did your course just before xmas - be patient flower.......it all takes time and practice, Im sure once you get the practice in, youll be fine.

stop worrying so much - you wont get badges for impatience lol

Aggghhh... i did my lash extension course just before Christmas since then iv done about 6 sets I'm sooo rubbish at it they look naff when I've finished and im there for so long my vision starts to go blurry and i cant see where to stick the god dam things properly!! Someone Else tell me your rubbish as well make me feel a bit better!! a hurr hurrrrrr:irked:

Hi

I did mine in September. Its taken this long to start doing nice work. Now I've got repeat customers and referrals. My first sets were horrendous - lots of lumps of glue and sparse lashes! Now I'm faster, cleaner and getting loads more lashes on. (for the record, my clients were'nt put off - they come back and notice improvements with every fill/set).

Stick at it and practice like mad! Use the practice head if you've got no-one else - it will come!:hug:

If it was easy - everyone would be doing it!

i agree with the lovely ladies , it is a cae of practise and practise and more practise. when i did my first few set it took me hours and i couldnt get that many in, however i am at a stage when i can get quite a lot in they are looking nice too! I did my training in november and did a lot of practise sets before i started on 'real clients' .

keep at it, you will get there i promise!

tigi

This is where i have to come in and kick you up the backside Mrs,
you did really well on your training day and your case studies have been good,
granted they are not perfect but they are improving every time,
trust me i have seen far worse from therapists that have been doing it for a long time,
i have said this before, you just need more confidence in yourself and you will be really good,
chin up hun i have faith in you :hug:

HE HE NOOOOOOO i want to be good NOW !! xx Thanks everyone x:)

If it makes you feel any better i had to do about 20 sets before i was happy with my application,
it doesnt come overnight hun, we have to work for this one :hug:

:rolleyes:i know I'm too impatient

i dont think its impatience, i think its about wanting to be the best, so it think its a good quality to have. it shows that you are striving for the best service for your clients and thats not a bad thing .

xx

i dont think its impatience, i think its about wanting to be the best, so it think its a good quality to have. it shows that you are striving for the best service for your clients and thats not a bad thing .

xx
Arr thanks love ! x:Grope:

Dont worry you are not alone.. I had a client on friday for lash extentions, I use the everlash range and adhesive, I was really chuffed with the result for the first time, until she came back on saturday morning with all the lashes in a tissue. I was a little surprised at them all coming out? do you thinks it was the adhesive, or am I just crap.. I gave her a full refund I didnt have the courage to re do them:mad:

I have done a few to practise and is very fiddly, again as already said practice makes perfect!!:hug:

Dont worry you are not alone.. I had a client on friday for lash extentions, I use the everlash range and adhesive, I was really chuffed with the result for the first time, until she came back on saturday morning with all the lashes in a tissue. I was a little surprised at them all coming out? do you thinks it was the adhesive, or am I just crap.. I gave her a full refund I didnt have the courage to re do them:mad:

it could be that there were natural oils still on the lashes
or
it could be the glue, glue is a very sensitive but essential part of the service,
it can not be used after the shelf life has run out and must be stored correctly,
it likes a nice cool dark cupboard, preferably not in the salon as we all keep our salons nice and warm,
i lock mine in a cupboard in the bathroom where it is cooler hth :hug:

Latest posts

Back