Is anyone fully booked?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shedunlop

Premium Geek
Reaction score
I am always seeing threads on here about how to find extra clients and it started me wondering if there are many others like me who are fully booked all of the time and who do not need or couldn't take, even if they wanted to, any more clients?

I think it might be encouraging to the therapists and techs who are looking for clients to know that you can get to the point when good client retention means that you need no more. I have always concentrated on retaining my existing clients and making it me they want to stay with.

I have just come back, having been off work for around 2 months for spinal surgery and it is lovely to hear that my clients are thrilled I am back. Some did try other salons and I had a friend who looked after some very well indeed, (Thanks Angela) but they are all pleased to see me back.

I just wanted to let the newbies know that you do get there eventually and that if you make their experience with you the best then they will be loyal to you for the rest of your careers. :green:

It's good to hear that you are back up and on your feet Sheila! And the fact your clients are happy you're back shows what a great therapist you are.

I think it's nice to know that eventually there is a point when you won't be searching for new clients as you have so many existing ones to deal with.

I am, unfortunately, not evening finding a client let alone a regular one! I'm perservering in the hope that one day I'll be lucky enough to be in a position similar to you.

Hope you're recovering well after your op, Sheila - that is so lovely to hear that you have so many loyal clients too.

I'm not full, I have a hand full of lovely ladies I see regularly/ semi regularly but right now that suits me as I'll be looking to take time off for my next baby. Once I do return to work then I will work very hard and hope to be in your position Sheila!

How long into doing nails as your full time job did it take you to reach this point?
How long have you been full for?
Also, do you work from a salon/ home/ mobile?
How would you class your pricing too? Low/medium/ high end?

I think it is very inspiring knowing that people CAN do so well and show that competition is irrelevant if your providing an excellent service.

Having looked through your albums many times however, I'm not surprised your clients want to keep hold of you! :hug:

I'm normally fully booked most weeks, and have cancellation lists. I have a good core of regular clients who book 2 months ahead to ensure they're not disappointed, but I find this brings its own problems as I don't like turning work away!! I haven't actively advertised for years, other than up keeping my website & sending newsletters to existing clients as like you I don't really have space for new clients!

I think as Shelia says client loyalty is key, one of my clients said today that she knows that the reason people come back to me is as much down to the fact they enjoy the way I treat them as much as the service. I think some therapists get so varied away telling clients about all their personal problems that they forget to make the client feel special!

Hi sheila!

I am fully booked and generally for the following 2-3 weeks am seriously booked up, some til christmas.

Sometimes I cannot fit someone in and they go elsewhere, then they contact me as they want to come back and beg my forgiveness! hahaha. I dont mind at all but they feel they have been unfaithful.

I can do a fill set of sculpted french in an hour (if I dont talk as much) and hour and a quarter if I do :) my infills are an hour. It takes slightly longer if I do one of my two glitter gel creations with nail art.

I have been up and running for just over a year and cant quite believe how well the business has taken off and have just taken on a member of staff part time to take the pressure off me.

Zoe x

Thanks Sheila, it is good to hear other people are fully booked as at the moment I am not I find it very frustrating as I know my products are great and I do a good job. I have a few regulars then the regulars who want something done for a special occasion, My clients are fiercely loyal but what I really need is more of the regular regulars lol hopefully I'll get there one day! :) xx

Wow sheila, I'm still trainin at college n doin seperate courses but would love to one day be in your position! Do you do mobile/work from a salon or both? Xx

When we discuss being "fullly booked" maybe we should also say how many hours we work. Someone can be full booked, but only work 10 hours a week!

When we discuss being "fullly booked" maybe we should also say how many hours we work. Someone can be full booked, but only work 10 hours a week!

Too true! I work 9.00 till 5.00 (sometimes 7.00) Tuesday to Friday & 9.00 till 1.00 on a Saturday. Unfortnately I rarely, if ever, get a lunch break, or any break in the day for that matter! Then again, I work on my own & there are only two salons in our town now.

I do mon 9-5, tues, weds,thurs, fri 9-8 and sat 9-6. I work about 90% booked. Mine are primarily on a 5 week cycle though.

I do mon 9-5, tues, weds,thurs, fri 9-8 and sat 9-6. I work about 90% booked. Mine are primarily on a 5 week cycle though.

Don't know how you cope with those hours & running the business!! I rent my rooms out outside of my hours now just to ensure I don't keep working long hours!! I obviously don't have your stamina!!

Am like a pit pony! I have always worked long hours, even before my own salons. I used to work Sundays too, but have cut back on that now. I do my paperwork early in the mornings, and wholesaler after work on Monday. Easy.

Latest posts

Back