Is anyone starting college in September?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and it's full time 3 days a week and then November/December time you go out on placement 1 day a week. I'm based in Wales xx

Good luck for your interview. I too have to pay for my course (which I expected as I currently work full time, am 21, and live with my dad) but apparently I can pay in instalments per term which will be helpful.

Have they said how much you have to pay and when?

Well they said it's not for definate yet and just to wait and see but I hope it comes through because it's about £5-£6k and I just don't have that kind of money. If not, I will probably have to keep my job, delay college for a while and save save save! Fingers crossed eh!! They told me in my interview not to waste anymore money doing day courses because I will learn it all at college but if you have the spare time and money then it might be good so you can get a bit of experience before going to college?? Are you based in England or Wales? Xx

Gosh that's expensive! If I did have to pay it would only be about 1grand im in England yeah im going to wait and see
What's covered in the course first before I do any add ons I know they do spray tans but not sure which company they teach you with yet so will find out more at my interview fingers crossed you get it all paid! When will you find out?
<3 Stephanie <3

Good luck for your interview. I too have to pay for my course (which I expected as I currently work full time, am 21, and live with my dad) but apparently I can pay in instalments per term which will be helpful.

Thanks :) ah that's good that you don't have to pay in one go

<3 Stephanie <3

No they haven't disclosed this years price yet, but last year the fee wasn't too bad (not sure if I can state training prices on here) so it'll probably be the same (I hope!) plus kit fees. That's for the full time course 3-4 days a week.

Last edited:
Ps. What are you're plans after college?

Im planning on being mobile as I have a toddler and will need to work around school hours ect and carry on doing additional training while im working how about you?

<3 Stephanie <3

I'm planning on doing mobile work mostly as I can't expect my dad to put up with me turning his house into a home salon haha although the dream is to one day work from home in a nice converted garage or something :)

Gosh that's expensive! If I did have to pay it would only be about 1grand im in England yeah im going to wait and see
What's covered in the course first before I do any add ons I know they do spray tans but not sure which company they teach you with yet so will find out more at my interview fingers crossed you get it all paid! When will you find out?
<3 Stephanie <3

I'm not sure but hopefully won't be too long :) good luck for your interview xx

No they haven't disclosed this years price yet, but last year the fee wasn't too bad (not sure if I can state training prices on here) so it'll probably be the same (I hope!) plus kit fees. That's for the full time course 3-4 days a week.

Fab, thanks for the info :) xx

I want to work in a salon for a while just to gain a bit more experience and do mobile clients in the evenings hopefully and then when I feel ready I'll go it alone. Scary stuff but it will be worth it :)

Sounds like we've all got a plan then, will be interesting to see how we all get on :D I'm so excited to start it's all I think about when I'm at work bored!

Same! Im a single stay at home mum so I pretty much spend all day every day just me and my toddler I can't wait to have some adults to talk to! I am a bit worried about her going to nursery tho :( but im sure shel be okay

<3 Stephanie <3

Thanks I ended up getting beauty therapy level 2 by Lorraine nordman I think thats her name! It's got a good section on anatomy and physiology but ill ask at my interview what book they use as it might be different :/

Any interview tips anyone? Was just going to wear black shoes and trousers and a smart top/shirt and nude nails hair up and nice but not really heavy make up!

<3 Stephanie <3

The A&P one I had was a heinemann book called anatomy and physiology for therapists, it was brilliant as I love human biology anyway so nosing through it was interesting and meant I passed my unit exams with more ease.

I wore black trousers and a nice light coloured top for my interview, my hair was down and had a giant flower clip in it lol. I had already been to that college for hairdressing and knew the tutors so it wasn't too daunting.

As for funding, I couldn't answer unless any of u live in wales? I know we do things slightly differently this side of the bridge lol. My course was full time so government funded, I was allowed an assembly learning grant because I only worked part time and my child care was covered by the financial contingency fund. You are best off asking about these things at interview or induction xx

Thanks iv got my interview Wednesday so will be applying for funding :) hows everyone else anything exciting going on? :)

<3 Stephanie <3

Good luck for the interview! I've got my induction day in two weeks time :) just struggling to organise my finances as I'm determined to work part time to support myself somehow. So excited!

I have my interview on Tuesday for my hnd in beauty. Can't wait to get stuck back in :) xx

Ooo exciting my interview is Wednesday can't wait I have no idea about my uniform or kit or when ill enrol! Iv still gotta apply for all the finance stuff and sort out nursery aswel but cant do anything till wed! X

<3 Stephanie <3

Good luck!! You usually get told all that stuff on your induction day and I remember I got an order form sent through a few weeks before it started to order my uniform. It's so exciting when you get your kit :) I'll need to apply for funding as well but I'll do it next week xxx

Good luck!! You usually get told all that stuff on your induction day and I remember I got an order form sent through a few weeks before it started to order my uniform. It's so exciting when you get your kit :) I'll need to apply for funding as well but I'll do it next week xxx

Yeah I think the kit is the most exciting bit itl be like xmas ha :p I think they said you induct straight away if your on the part time course so hopefully shouldn't be to long after my interview hopefully the people on my course are nice:confused: when I did hairdressing the girls were reallyyy horrible!

<3 Stephanie <3

Latest posts

Back