Is anyone starting college in September?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done char! Oue first exam is in January :)

Sorry I haven't been on in ages! College is going really well we start real client's after half term eekk im not ready! Were going to be starting pedis waxing and make up aswell so looking forward to it! Got lots of homework to do before I go back as well!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh were starting real clients too after half term for our waxing and manicure assesments.. Im dreading it :what:

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well done char! Oue first exam is in January :)

Sorry I haven't been on in ages! College is going really well we start real client's after half term eekk im not ready! Were going to be starting pedis waxing and make up aswell so looking forward to it! Got lots of homework to do before I go back as well!

thankyou, im surprised we done exam so early and getting family/ friends in as we did't till after just before xmas last year :cry:

I just started college (for hair) yesterday. Are all first year apprentices usually annoying?

I just started college (for hair) yesterday. Are all first year apprentices usually annoying?

I don't know. I'm on a part time beauty course which is really nice because everyone's a mature student and they're only there because they want to be and have paid a fee, so everyone's really keen and super lovely!

Why, what are your other students like?

sorry I been off this for a while, I have been so busy with work, college and general illness. did my first assessment on shampoo, conditioning and blow drying on weds and I passed :) got my written exam on shampoo and conditioning, setting and dressing hair tomorrow. eeeeek fingers crossed I pass :/
how's everyone else getting on? xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

sorry I been off this for a while, I have been so busy with work, college and general illness. did my first assessment on shampoo, conditioning and blow drying on weds and I passed :) got my written exam on shampoo and conditioning, setting and dressing hair tomorrow. eeeeek fingers crossed I pass :/
how's everyone else getting on? xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Good, really enjoying it. Have got 2 weeks before our first assessment. But have been told for each exam we fail, we have to pay for our own resits! So there's some incentive to pass first time!!!! Eeeeeek

Good, really enjoying it. Have got 2 weeks before our first assessment. But have been told for each exam we fail, we have to pay for our own resits! So there's some incentive to pass first time!!!! Eeeeeek

No pressure then!!
We get 3 attempts on our written exams!
Did our written exam on waxing which wasnt too difficult iv got my first client in for waxing assesment next thursday which im really nervous about full leg and bikini :eek:

Hey guys sorry iv been so quiet iv missed a bit of college because my daughters been ill but im hopefully going to be back in next week! Im worried about getting behind but been doing theory at home hope everyone's well and enjoying their courses! X

Hey guys sorry iv been so quiet iv missed a bit of college because my daughters been ill but im hopefully going to be back in next week! Im worried about getting behind but been doing theory at home hope everyone's well and enjoying their courses! X

Hope your daughter is feeling better, im sure they will have all the missed work ready for you :)

I am not happy! Went all the way into college on MY DAY OFF to do a colour correction on a student who hated her hair and it would of been passed as assessment. She didn't even turn up!

Sarah xo

How is everyone I keep forgetting to come on here im so busy! Wev started waxing now wich iv discovered I love! Also doing clients its all going well hows everyone else getting on? X

not posted on this thread in a while!
Hate to say it but I'm hating college :/
Supposed to be a make up course yet closest to make up we have done is putting a pan stick on as a base for old ageing and theatrical dancer make up :/ all the rest is hair!!! & a little body painting & special fx but not a great amount and our kits are ****! Out aprons have just came in it absoloute drowns me i'm 5ft and built like a stick "one size fits all" and it doesn't even say MAKE UP ARTISTRY on the aprons like all the other ones have the past few years. Really want to stick it out till HNC but its driving me up the wall! I travel nearly 2 hours there on a Monday for 3hours to do hair which i can already do and am qualified in" arghh :| ...
RANT OVER! Hows everyone else getting on? hope everyone else is loving there college!

How is everyone I keep forgetting to come on here im so busy! Wev started waxing now wich iv discovered I love! Also doing clients its all going well hows everyone else getting on? X

first time been on in ages, passed 2nd exam last week 2 down 2 to go.... not looking gorward to paying clients after christmas :eek:

Hi, how's everyone getting on with their courses?

Had my surgery in December so just waiting for September to roll around so I can get started at college :)

Hi, how's everyone getting on with their courses?

Had my surgery in December so just waiting for September to roll around so I can get started at college :)

hope went all ok?

i just had my 3rd exam (well 2 in one) and passed both got 100% in one and 83% in other but i only got 1 question wrong!! so chuffed only 1 left todo in may now unless i doing the perming one. passed loads of assessments so only got bout 11 togo which just colour and the rest of cuts cant wait get all out the way :eek:

Yes all went well thanks, actually glad I put off college for a year and spending some time where I wasn't sure if I'd be able to do it made me really think about what I wanted and that beauty was the route I wanted to go down instead of hair.

Have my beauty therapy interview on the 25th feb so looking forward to that and getting my place sorted out

It's crazy how fast the time flies and all your girls will be qualified soon

I've just sent my application form in for my interview for level 3 beauty fingers crossed I get ok with the interview :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Good luck with your interview when it comes through :)

Hi girls, haven't been on here in sooooo long having been one of the original posters in this thread! College is amazing, I love it! We have now been taught everything and are working on getting our assesments done now. I only have formative hot waxing left and then on to the summatives. I can't believe how quickly its going! We have also done most of our exams apart from eye treatments and then the dreaded anatomy and physiology! They are rushing us through because we are finishing in early May as the college is moving so they want to get us finished early. Lots of pressure but enjoying every minute!! Only thing I'm not loving is the college constantly runs out of stock like wax, spatulas, cotton pads etc. Anyone else having this problem? Xx

Latest posts

Back