Is anyone starting college in September?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another week at college done :) we did eyelash tinting yesterday and used the steamers on our facials today and learnt the facial massage routine has been good :) wev also got eve taylor people coming in soon to do product training and we get a certificate and stuff :)

Hows everyone else getting on?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sounds like you're having fun :) love the smell of eve Taylor products. I remember doing beauty but we used dermalogica.both are brill products to use . sounds like u have been doing a lot x:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yup another week done. Ye it's going good ta, although I see you've posted on the 'Touching Clients' post I posted haha! Thanks Hun! I felt super awkward as we had our first facial class this week, and it really surprised me that I felt so uncomfortable being so close touching someone else's body! Thankfully, the other geeks who have all posted on that topic all seem to say that it's normal, and you get over it with practice 😃

We also did eyelash and brow tinting, which was good. And then started our facial cleansing routine - we haven't got onto the actual massage part of it yet tho. It's very fast paced course, so I seem to have rather a lot of reading up to do on skin and hair before next week! Also, i have been typing up the demo's of what to do, like step by step so that I can hopefully remember what to do in the right order!! 😃😃

Still haven't decided how to cart my kit around though! One girl at college had one of the those posh beauty box trolley things, and it looked very smart at the bottom of the couch. Or I might use a small roll along case as it's cheaper 😃

Yup another week done. Ye it's going good ta, although I see you've posted on the 'Touching Clients' post I posted haha! Thanks Hun! I felt super awkward as we had our first facial class this week, and it really surprised me that I felt so uncomfortable being so close touching someone else's body! Thankfully, the other geeks who have all posted on that topic all seem to say that it's normal, and you get over it with practice 😃

We also did eyelash and brow tinting, which was good. And then started our facial cleansing routine - we haven't got onto the actual massage part of it yet tho. It's very fast paced course, so I seem to have rather a lot of reading up to do on skin and hair before next week! Also, i have been typing up the demo's of what to do, like step by step so that I can hopefully remember what to do in the right order!! 😃😃

Still haven't decided how to cart my kit around though! One girl at college had one of the those posh beauty box trolley things, and it looked very smart at the bottom of the couch. Or I might use a small roll along case as it's cheaper 😃

Ha yeah it was one of those days it is strange tho at the end of the day its a stranger and your like washing their face and massaging them ect but its not too bad!

It does go really fast paced a few people have already missed days and will have missed loads I have a feeling 1 or 2 girls might drop out :/

Ugh I gave up with the kit ha im def not getting a pull along because itl be impossible with the pram. Me and another girl who also has kids have agreed to take half our kit each and share because we usually sit next to each and work together so we'l have to see how that works out its been good so far but dunno if itl work when we have clients.

Im loving it all so far though :) got lots of homework to do before next week

It seems to have gone a bit quiet on this thread now we're all stuck into our courses. How's it going? Is it different to how you expected?

I'm loving the course now, although it's faster paced than I thought. We have just covered eye treatments, basic manicure and started facials, along with A&P. Next week we'll be starting deluxe manicures 😃 I've finally bought some products from a beauty supply store so that I can start practising at home 😃

Hiya everyone, I thought I'd just give you a little update on how my course is going. I've been there a month now and it seems like longer as we've packed so much in!

So far we've done, Shampoo and condition, blow dry (straight & smooth, big & bouncy, and curly), setting, root tint with permanent colour, all over colour with quasi, plaiting, updo's, 1 length cut & touched on foiling.

As you can see we've packed quite allot in just in the first month, but of course we practice several things in 1 session eg if we are cutting or colouring we follow with a set, blow dry or updo.

I'm interested to find out what others in level 2 hairdressing are doing? It's much faster paced than I originally thought, but I'm loving it! I find it good that we are learning so quick so there is plenty of opportunity to really get stuck in and have a good amount of practice to feel confident.

How is everyone else doing? X :)

Hiya everyone, I thought I'd just give you a little update on how my course is going. I've been there a month now and it seems like longer as we've packed so much in!

So far we've done, Shampoo and condition, blow dry (straight & smooth, big & bouncy, and curly), setting, root tint with permanent colour, all over colour with quasi, plaiting, updo's, 1 length cut & touched on foiling.

As you can see we've packed quite allot in just in the first month, but of course we practice several things in 1 session eg if we are cutting or colouring we follow with a set, blow dry or updo.

I'm interested to find out what others in level 2 hairdressing are doing? It's much faster paced than I originally thought, but I'm loving it! I find it good that we are learning so quick so there is plenty of opportunity to really get stuck in and have a good amount of practice to feel confident.

How is everyone else doing? X :)

Wow u have done a lot.and to start colouring too that's a really good start. So u enjoying it then? Im doing level 2 hairdressing and have done the same as u so far we just haven't done colouring yet.our first assessment is before half term on shampoo and conditioning the scalp.im quite nervous but confident I'll pass. :)

Hey everyone my course is going great also very fast paced wich I like otherwise id get bored! Wev been doing eyebrow and lash tints I think were doing false lashes on Thursday which should be fun! Also done loads of anatomy and im surprised at how much I can remember already! I think we have our first exams in January and starting real client's soon eek!

Loving it though so glad I went back to college :)

It's lovely to read how people are getting on, all exciting stuff :)

Last edited:
Hiii :) I started college last month doing Level 2 Beauty, it's only part time so 1 day a week, we have done facials and the massage, warm waxing and we're starting eyelash/eyebrow treatments Thursday :) I'm also a qualified level3 nail tech and Level2 qualified in hair! Lol xx

Sent from my SM-C101 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm so pleased! Today at college I was voted Student of the Month by the teachers at my college. Absolutely over the moon 😊

Sarah xo

I'm so pleased! Today at college I was voted Student of the Month by the teachers at my college. Absolutely over the moon 😊

Sarah xo

Aaw that's great well done! Wev done quite alot of new stuff done parafin wax treatment on hands and individual cluster lashes and getting pretty confident with facials now :) my daughters started nursery too and is doing well considering shes the youngest one there bless her x

Sarah xo

Well done thats fantastic!

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

How's everyone getting on?

Wow u have done a lot.and to start colouring too that's a really good start. So u enjoying it then? Im doing level 2 hairdressing and have done the same as u so far we just haven't done colouring yet.our first assessment is before half term on shampoo and conditioning the scalp.im quite nervous but confident I'll pass. :)

Yes really enjoying it :) We dont have our assessments until after half term, but we have done health and safety exam last week. I've been getting on really well everything so far but we've been doing layering this week and it's been hard! I've got a block to practice on at home, so practicing quite a bit. X :)

It seems to have gone a bit quiet on this thread now we're all stuck into our courses. How's it going? Is it different to how you expected?

I'm loving the course now, although it's faster paced than I thought. We have just covered eye treatments, basic manicure and started facials, along with A&P. Next week we'll be starting deluxe manicures 😃 I've finally bought some products from a beauty supply store so that I can start practising at home 😃

It seems like allot of the courses are faster paced than we thought, but I'm glad as it means we can get on and really get our teeth in to things! X :)

Sarah xo

Wow that's fantastic! Well done you X :)

How's everyone getting on? I've just done week 4 of my start your own business course and loving it. I also did a semi permanent eyelash's course. I'm going to book a social media for business course next and another beauty course. But need to get more practise in for semi permanent eyelash's :)
Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm glad we are all enjoying studying! I do look forward to going college the most during the week :)

Sarah xo

hey girls!
not been on this thread in a while safe to safe i'm loving college?
Hows everyone else's going?
Got to laugh at our casual days in college like we go in on a Thursday, tops off get painted then make fingers and stuff for specail fx wouldn't change a thing though! Just so much hair involved though nightmare x

whoo hoo passed 1 exam and 7 assessments so far whoo hoo only 3 more exams togo!!

Latest posts

Back