Is anyone with a MUCH OLDER man

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Nail Geek said:
At the end of the days - they are both adults. If they are happy then good luck to them.

I know being married to a MUCH older woman has really worked for me! :evil:

I bet Mrs Geek will be well pleased with your emphasis!:(

Thanks everyone for your lovely replies. You have all just backed up what I was feeling, which is, if they are happy together then it does not matter at all does it.

She is brimming with confidence now and it is lovely to see her, so he is obviously very good for her. I love her to bits, as any mother would. And now apparently so does he. So how can I find fault with that.

Thanks for taking the time to write and give your support.

all i could say about this chuck is age is a number we are labelled with if they are happy together -then let them be happy - if its meant to be - then it will be - if they not - it wont.

Peter Pan said:
all i could say about this chuck is age is a number we are labelled with if they are happy together -then let them be happy - if its meant to be - then it will be - if they not - it wont.

I couldnt agree more. Im a romantic at heart and personally I think its really lovely to hear of 2 people who are so mad about each other x x

Well my hubby is 44 and I'm nearly 28. We have been together 5 years and although we've had our ups and downs we have a great relationship. We have been married for 2 years and it is great. We are expecting our 1st child in April!!!!!!!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I never think of him as being that much older than me, probably because he acts alot younger!!!!

My parents were probably shocked when I first told them but they have always supported me and that made it easier.

If your daughter is happy and it sounds like she is, just support her, if things dont work out shes young enough to move on but I think they sound happy together. Good luck to them!!

Hope this helps

Mich

The Nail Geek said:
At the end of the days - they are both adults. If they are happy then good luck to them.

I know being married to a MUCH older woman has really worked for me! :evil:

I have ONLY just found this!! I do not think 3 and a half years older exactly is MUCH older babe - and btw my skin has far less wrinkles than yours!!! :biggrin: :eek:

If you did try to complain and would rather they didnt go out together they probably wouldnt listen anyway and would be more determined to stay together. She is not a very young inexperienced girl let it run it's course, it might work out for them, it might not, there is no way of telling but just give them your blessing and let them be happy. There was a girl of 19 on TV the other night who is going out with a guy who is 78, so do you really need to worry????? The world can be a sad and bad enough place so a bit of happiness is to be encouraged. I wish them all the best

quote by Mrs Geek- and btw my skin has far wrinkles than yours!!! :biggrin: :eek:[/quote]

did you mean to say 'and btw my skin has far LESS wrinkles than yours!!!???

You're only as young as you feel! If it works then why not do it?

my friend went out with an older man she was 17 he was in his 30's in the end i think it was the age gap that drove them apart he got a bit possesive and didn't like what she wore and didn't like her goin out etc. shes was 17 tho, your daughters older probably knows herself better if you get what i mean lol knows her feelings and instincts etc

the father of my oldest 2 kids was 16 years 2 months and 4 days older than me, i was 15 when we got together and he was 31
before that i was witha guy for 2 years and when we first got together i was 13 he was 22

my hubby now is 11 years older than me and we are very happy

if you are happy and are both on the same wave length the go for it:D

It's funny that this thread is doing its rounds again as I saw my ex husband (who is eight years older than me) walking down the hill earlier today. My husband was driving and we were taking my eldest son off at home. He said oh look there's me dad pull over (ex hubby has moved into eldest sons flat:cry: )
and my current hubby said is that Graham
I said yep
he said my god doesn't he look old
I said he's only eight years older than me and will only be 50 this year
he said well you're old as well - needless to say he got a :smack:

:lol: :lol: :D he was right though -- about my ex hehehehe

My only worry if this a serious relationship would be about having children. He'd be more like a grandfather than a father.
That aside If he makes her happy that's what matters. I'd want to make sure they talked about having kids though.
You said he's brought out her conficence & that is a wonderful thing for somebody to do. I think it' much better for her to be with a nice older man than a young bad boy.:wink2:

I'm the same age as your daughter and can honestly say i can see why she's gone for an older man, esp. because she's mature. I've been with my man for 6 years, and i love him with all my heart & soul, but men-or BOYS lol- our age can be quite immature, which alot of girls find a real turn off. It's good you can be open with your daughter about your fears, and the fact she agreed with you screams to me she's def genuinely in love. I believe whole heartidly in fate, and their obviously in each other's lives for a reason. Love has no rhyme or reason. :)

Cameo Val said:
I have a daughter of 22 and she has recently become involved with a man of 54. That is one year older than me. Now I have met this chap and I have to admit that he is really really nice and when you see them together you can tell that they think the world of each other. I have given them both the talk of, what will happen in 11 years time when he is drawing his pension and she is only 33. They both agreed with me that they worry about this too, but they think the world of each other.

Part of me is happy for her as she is just beaming these days and her confidence has gone through the roof since they met. She is a lovely girl and has had boyfriends before. She is clever, is training to be and insurance assessor and also studying to do a degree on the Open Univercity, so she is not some daft little kid with no life experience. BUT............. he is 54 for goodness sake.

I have a friend and her husband aged 55 ran off with a young girl of 19. I was appauled at this and could not imaging what a girl of that age would see in a man so old. But now its MY daughter who is in that situation, and I dont know what to think. In his favour though, when I met him the other week though I could not help but like him. He is very smart, charming, intellegent, thoughtful, kind and thinks the world of my daughter. I am happy for her and to be honest, if its what they want, then I hope it works out for them. But I dont want either of them to get hurt.

So what is your opinions on this. And does anyone on here have an older partner, and if so how does it work and have you had to overcome problems.

Dear Cameo Val - In PR we get various info through so we get a heads-up on what the journalists are writing. I thought this may be of interest!!!

QUERY:
I am looking for female case studies who date or are married to much older men for a positive piece on the benefits of age gaps. The women must be willing to be photographed but will have hair and make up done and a stylist so it should be fun!
HOW TO REPLY:
by Email:
mailto:[email protected]
Phone: 07946 544543
Fax : not provided for use

Hiya, Im 20 and my partners 33 and his daughter is 12 but we all get on really well. We have been together for 3 years, at the beginning the age gap felt a bit wierd but now I dont think nothing of it. My mam and dad were worried too but it was my choice and I followed my heart.

If he makes your daughter feel how she does then its a good thing :Love:

hi ive got a friend whos 22 and her boyfriend is 47 and they seem to be very happy they have been together for 3 years

Latest posts

Back