Is it bad practice or economically savvy to cut your tubes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bombalurina

Reaction score
As the title suggests really...

When you get to the last bit of product in your tubes, and it makes that horrible "raspberry" noise, and you can't get enough product out to do what you need to do....how many of you cut your tubes and use a spatula to get at the rest of it?

I only ask as I've just done this with my cuticle exfoliatior for pedicures, and there is SO much product left in there...I do have a new one as back up but I feel if I throw the old one away I'm wasting so much product. But does it look really bad to do this in front of a client?!

I refuse to waste anything!
I cut the tube open, scrape every last bit out and decant it into a little pot. I stick a label on it and nobody's the wiser!

Little pots! What a fantastic idea! My way looks messy...yours is fab, I will get some tomorrow!

Thanks Lynne! Xxx

We do this at work also. I do not see any issue with it and why should you be afraid to do this and not waste product and money? I really do wish fhat product companies designed their packaging better so product wasnt wasted

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Me too - I always cut the tubes to get it all out,
My friend does it at her salon with her elemis stock too,
why waste it - you can get another 2-3 treatments from whats left in the tubes .., xxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Economically savvy imo x

Latest posts

Back