Is it just me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I meant was - if you are asking friends to let you practice on them they are doing you a favour. If a client asks you for a treatment that's a different matter.

getting people to literally lend a hand to practice on is harder than you'd think. i guess if people see it as doing you a favour and they don't get their nails done anyway that they may not be bothered if they get their nails done or not.

is there somewhere on salon geek where people can ask for people to practice on?

Dont worry, it can be really hard to get started and things wont go 100% all of the time but youll get there! You should try looking for models on gumtree and just specify in the add that youll be looking for a minimal fee. This means people know what to expect and you might be able to get some reliable clients that will stick with you through your training
K x

I'm actually really lucky as my 15 yr old daughter has let me practice on her all the time so I haven't had to ask around! I think I just need to believe in myself a bit more!!x

Thanks everyone.

I've for my mum this weekend and my aunt wants hers done too. Though she had l&p once before for a wedding and literally "pinged" them off on the Sunday!

We are thinking NNO for her though as her nails are very weak and thin. I have spoken to her about using a cuticle oil abd she uses gloves when doing housework already as she has psoriasis. I think that's why her nails are so weak as her skin is naturally very dry so there for ate her nails. Looking forward to working with her to try to get them in better shape.

She is excited about me getting into the gel polishes too.

Latest posts

Back