Is it unprofessional to display prices on A board

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carole.B

Reaction score
Do you think it would be ok to display prices on my A board or do you think its unprofessional.
I have a home salon and live on a main road through a village and have a A board on my grass verge, I thought I would attract some attention with some basic prices, also now again special offers..xx

Why should it be unprofessional to take best advantage of a form of advertising that requires very little in the way of overheads? Being able to use the A-board to promote your business to pedestrians and motorists passing by seems an excellent idea, as it will be there providing you with advertising for all the time that the A-board is out. And it's "captive" advertising in that people will automatically see it as they pass by, rather than having to turn to page X of a newspaper to see a print advert, or consciously make a Google search for a local salon in order to find your web site?
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks Ruth, just didn't want it to look tacky..xx

I guess you would need to be careful in the way that you present the information then, so as not to look "tacky" like you say. But if the net effect is that it brings you in more business and increases your takings, then I would certainly say that it would be worth it, as it is probably a much more cost effective form of advertising than something like leaflet drops or a newspaper ad (in terms of new business brought in for amount of money and time spent on advertising)...
Posted via Mobile Device

I had an a board outside my house and had specail offers on it and I got quite fair bit from it I also had some price lists on it some people could take one, it worked great and it was advertising only thing was 2 weeks later had the council at my door, telling me that I had drawn attention to myself and that some1 had complained,,,,,,, I had to take them down I needed planning permission and that it wouldn't be granted.
I was a bit upset cause it was working out really good.

I had an a board outside my house and had specail offers on it and I got quite fair bit from it I also had some price lists on it some people could take one, it worked great and it was advertising only thing was 2 weeks later had the council at my door, telling me that I had drawn attention to myself and that some1 had complained,,,,,,, I had to take them down I needed planning permission and that it wouldn't be granted.
I was a bit upset cause it was working out really good.
Sorry about that. Yes you do need permission for a A-board if its on highways land but you can display it on your own land which I do. The majority of A-boards displayed don't have permission but if someone complains the council will act. Lots of people display them near me. Farmer, plant lady etc, etc..xx

Do it, it'll be great for business.

The one thing we were told about signage is to ensure that the lettering is professional. So computer printouts and professional were ok, but you have to be careful if you are writing it out.

Ditto, Flawlessbeauty.

There is a salon up the road from me and they have those neon jaggy signs up in the windows with handwritten "cut and blow dry £17" and it looks dreadful in my opinion. Whereas if they had a typed up notice it would look so much better!!!

Latest posts

Back