Is moxie more brittle then retention plus??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllaX

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can help me - I have used rentention plus for 2 years with no problems - the odd breakage here and there but other then that fine.

A few weeks back I switched to moxie - as I had wanted to try it and since then I've had clients coming back with breakages - no lifting or anything, just they have snapped on the free edge. The first client that came back - I thought she had just been heavy handed but I've had 3 now, and its only since I started using the moxie.

Any ideas?? I got the first client who complained again on friday - and if she has breakages again i'm gonna have to switch back to rentention plus see if that makes a difference. I'm not sure why its happening xx

Not to sure but maybe you're working a little drier than usual. As moxie sets up quicker are you working fast enough with it, like i say talking off the top of my head here but i'll watch this thread to see other responses.

I'm hoping someone can help me - I have used rentention plus for 2 years with no problems - the odd breakage here and there but other then that fine.

A few weeks back I switched to moxie - as I had wanted to try it and since then I've had clients coming back with breakages - no lifting or anything, just they have snapped on the free edge. The first client that came back - I thought she had just been heavy handed but I've had 3 now, and its only since I started using the moxie.

Any ideas?? I got the first client who complained again on friday - and if she has breakages again i'm gonna have to switch back to rentention plus see if that makes a difference. I'm not sure why its happening xx

It is never one thing or the other. I have never switched, just added another service. Moxie is great for some, Radical for others and Retention + for others. You can't just switch eveyone over and hope it will be perfect for everyone!

No it is not more brittle, but did you not know that when you tell clients you have switched them to something different they then blame every problem on the new product?? Use it on a first timer, and voila ... no problems!!

No it is not more brittle, but did you not know that when you tell clients you have switched them to something different they then blame every problem on the new product?? Use it on a first timer, and voila ... no problems!!

I didn't tell my clients Id changed - some have had no problems what so ever and so haven't even noticed just 3 of them have had breakages. Will switch them back onto rentention + and see what happens xx

Debbie - I'll try what you said, ts a shame because i'm loving moxie - sets quicker and less faffing xx

sorry guys to act thick, but could someone please tell me the difference between all 3 of them

I hear Retention+ so much more than the others on this website.

Do they all have their own unique job to do?

love charl x

sorry guys to act thick, but could someone please tell me the difference between all 3 of them

I hear Retention+ so much more than the others on this website.

Do they all have their own unique job to do?

love charl x

Yes.

Briefly.

Retention great for 99% of clients particularly those who have lifting problems.

Radical Great for 99% of clients, particularly those who are heavy handed.

Moxie Great for technicians who want a fast setting product.

All are primer free products. All share the same prep.

thanks Gigi, but with the moxie when you say it sets faster, do you mean when you place the bead of acrylic onto the nail you havent really got long to play with it. is that right?

thanks Gigi, but with the moxie when you say it sets faster, do you mean when you place the bead of acrylic onto the nail you havent really got long to play with it. is that right?

Yes.

i think i should stay with retention+ then or radical! ha ha

Latest posts

Back