Is my new hairdressers method going to ruin my hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaS

Reaction score
Hi, I apologise in advance for this tome but bear with me I desperately need advice on the safety of the following procedure.

I used to visit my hairdresser every 5 weeks to have my roots done and every 3rd visit my highlights redone, she has since emigrated to Italy so decided that instead of the 40 mile trek I would do the sensible thing and try and find a hairdresser closer to home. I love my hair colour and simply wanted the same again so took the colour combo numbers with me when I called at the new salon for my consultation. The colourist said there would be no problems recreating my colours so I left feeling happy having made my appointment for the following day.

My previous hairdresser used to highlight my hair with bleach (she said as I had a lot of gold in my hair bleach was the best option) she would always pick out the pre-bleached strands and never take it to the ends - she said it wasn’t necessary plus it wasn’t good for my hair. She also used to fold the foil into neat little packets.

However, despite the in depth consultation, the new hairdresser did everything different - firstly she ‘insisted’ on using Majimeche instead of bleach, insisted on coating my hair fully to the ends including the already pre-lightened strands and instead of folding the foil she simply placed another sheet of foil over the previous sheet - I was scared to move in case they slid off.

When I mentioned to her that I thought she was going to use bleach (the method we discussed at the consultation) she just said this was a 'more advanced and safer technique which didn't require faffing about with foil packets and picking out pre-bleached hair' but whilst I was waiting for my highlights to take I saw her doing some bleach highlights for another client where she took the time to pick out the pre-lightened strands, didn’t spead the lightener to the ends and also did the foil packets!!

Will the Majimeche and the method she used damage my hair more than the bleach? I was too scared by this time to ask any more questions as I am quite shy.

My friend suspects the method she used was ‘the quick and easy option’ (it certainly wasn’t the cheap option!)

Not sure whether to return or not, the result was good but I am concerned about the health of my hair...can someone explain why she would use this method instead of the bleach we discussed during the consultation.

Thank you all.

Hi, it is always nerve racking when you have to find a new stylist! We all work differently and have our own ways. We also, of course, think we know best! :)

How was the finished result? Did it look the same and how was the condition of your hair?

The application of the foil is just preference. I have worked in many salons and most hairdressers have their own way. I have seen this method before. The foils are safe like this. I just find this method wasteful as you use a lot of foil, which doesn't come cheap (I have just paid £40 for 1000 metres). Did she double layer each foil or was it back to back? If it was back to back hi lights this is the easiest method.

I haven't used majimeche in a while but it is kinder than bleach if you are lifting through tinted ends. It doesn't go brassy and lifts gentler instead of 'shocking' the cuticle. It's certainly not cheaper than bleach! :eek:
She shouldn't of put it through to the ends though, this will just over-process your hair.

Did you mention your concerns to the hairdresser or ask her to explain her techniques? Most of us don't mind and would rather put you at ease.

I hope you can resolve this and find a hairdresser you are happy with :)

Hi GeorgiaS .... well not much I can add really as I think sophisticutz has covered everything , yes I too agree majimeches are a more gentle way of bleaching as they are ammonia free,

perhaps your new hairdresser was just sorting out her application process
"her way"
so she can see to pick the bleached bits better next time ,
but as mentioned
I wouldn't let her carry on taking the bleach over bleach every time either , do let us know how you get on
and how your hair is :) minky

How was the finished result? Did it look the same and how was the condition of your hair?

The application of the foil is just preference. I have worked in many salons and most hairdressers have their own way. I have seen this method before. The foils are safe like this. I just find this method wasteful as you use a lot of foil, which doesn't come cheap (I have just paid £40 for 1000 metres). Did she double layer each foil or was it back to back? If it was back to back hi lights this is the easiest method.

I haven't used majimeche in a while but it is kinder than bleach if you are lifting through tinted ends. It doesn't go brassy and lifts gentler instead of 'shocking' the cuticle. It's certainly not cheaper than bleach! :eek:
She shouldn't of put it through to the ends though, this will just over-process your hair.

Did you mention your concerns to the hairdresser or ask her to explain her techniques? Most of us don't mind and would rather put you at ease.

Thank you for trying to help me.

My hair appears to be in good condition, shiny etc., although I must say the the highlights don't seem to be as bright/light as they used to be with bleach. Also they look like different shades of blonde highlights (previously I have had different shades of highlights but she only applied these from one mixing bowl).

Foils were applied close to the roots, Majimeche painted over the hair, then another sheet of foil placed over it, then more hair was selected, picked out the hair to be highlighted, placed foil up to the roots then again placed foil over that - never had it done this way before in my life, looked really odd! My previous hairdresser always insisted on the little packets (no matter how busy she was) she said the bleach had to be sealed in the packets (don't know why) is it so it would take faster?

I did mention my concerns, which was really hard as I am quite shy, so had to really force myself to ask questions, I am such a wimp so I started with 'you know during the consultation you said you'd do such an such...' and usually ended with me being bright red and her scowling at me - I was just so confused as she talked me through every step at the consultation but did the oposite within the appointment.

Hi , what shade are your colour combo's ?
do you have a light natural lighter brown shade ? as it sounds like she may have picked up some of the brown in with the blonde , hence the different shades of blonde not being as bright as you normally have,
you are obviously unhappy and rightly so ....
I think you should ring up and ask to book in with the salon owner for another full consultation as you want see why its not the shade you asked for ect... ? you could take an old photo or a picture of the colours you wanted so there's no misunderstanding ,

hopefully they will want to put it right for you (as most salons want a happy satisfied clientele)
I realize this will be quite hard for you but after all it is your hard earned cash....
also would your friend go along with you for a bit of background moral support ?
:) x minky

Hi , what shade are your colour combo's ?
do you have a light natural lighter brown shade ? as it sounds like she may have picked up some of the brown in with the blonde , hence the different shades of blonde not being as bright as you normally have,
you are obviously unhappy and rightly so ....
I think you should ring up and ask to book in with the salon owner for another full consultation as you want see why its not the shade you asked for ect... ? you could take an old photo or a picture of the colours you wanted so there's no misunderstanding ,

hopefully they will want to put it right for you (as most salons want a happy satisfied clientele)
I realize this will be quite hard for you but after all it is your hard earned cash....
also would your friend go along with you for a bit of background moral support ?
:) x minky

Minky,
The colour code is: 8.0++9% my natural colour is mousy brown (very glam!)

Thank you for your help, I am trying very hard to get the courage to call the salon, it is very plush and trendy and I did feel a little intimidated but I don't want to get her into any trouble just because I don't understand why she didn't do what she promised in the consultation.

In your opinion do you think I should simply request the bleach highlights in future (I know the salon does them as I saw her doing bleach highlights for another client) or do you think there is a valid reason why she would opt to use majimeche over bleach?

I explained during the consultation that I was told I have a lot of red/gold in my hair, do you think that's why she used majimeche instead of bleach?

Thank you for any advice you can give me.

Minky,
The colour code is: 8.0++9% my natural colour is mousy brown (very glam!)

Thank you for your help, I am trying very hard to get the courage to call the salon, it is very plush and trendy and I did feel a little intimidated but I don't want to get her into any trouble just because I don't understand why she didn't do what she promised in the consultation.

In your opinion do you think I should simply request the bleach highlights in future (I know the salon does them as I saw her doing bleach highlights for another client) or do you think there is a valid reason why she would opt to use majimeche over bleach?

I explained during the consultation that I was told I have a lot of red/gold in my hair, do you think that's why she used majimeche instead of bleach?

Thank you for any advice you can give me.

Hi, majemeche is a highlift bleach too , its made by Loreal and it has a 2 sachets of bleach booster to a tube of lightening cream ,
its a more expensive way of bleaching hair
but it also has no ammonia in it,
so therefore may take a bit longer to shift any of those unwanted golden tones in your hair

I am guessing that it simply may have needed a bit more time to lift out those more stubborn gold tones in your hair and up to that clean creamy blonde look you get with ordinary bleach

so perhaps when ring up the salon you could just say that your highlights are not light enough !
and hopefully they can correct it with a few scattered paler creamy bleached highlights for you ,

I too am wondering why she simply just didn't use ordinary bleach!
perhaps she thought the majemeches would be a lot kinder to your hair

you could also ask for some test pieces first with the bleach first
so that you know your hair will take it ok before hand ,
(they usually take a little cutting and pop it in the bleach )

you could get test pieces done at another hairdressers of your choice
and this will show you the bleached blonde that can be achieved and most good hairdressers will do this for free at the consultation

Ps I would have no qualms going back to this hairdressers as you said she scowled at you and never offered you much of an explanation as to why she went against the initial consultation!....
that in my opinion was very rude of her ,
as I said before it is your hard earned cash, so be strong firm and very polite ,and I am sure you will be just fine at getting a result

its not a big job to run a bit more product through here and there
until it lifts a bit more ,

but as I cannot see the condition of your hair I would advise you to go back and hopefully let them assist you , :)
here is a link that may help , x minky

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...-qm2CA&usg=AFQjCNH4zJcv0W3CoaeOJNQp_iqdmNrvvg

Hi, majemeche is a highlift bleach too , its made by Loreal and it has a 2 sachets of bleach booster to a tube of lightening cream ,
its a more expensive way of bleaching hair
but it also has no ammonia in it,
so therefore may take a bit longer to shift any of those unwanted golden tones in your hair

I am guessing that it simply may have needed a bit more time to lift out those more stubborn gold tones in your hair and up to that clean creamy blonde look you get with ordinary bleach

so perhaps when ring up the salon you could just say that your highlights are not light enough !
and hopefully they can correct it with a few scattered paler creamy bleached highlights for you ,

I too am wondering why she simply just didn't use ordinary bleach!
perhaps she thought the majemeches would be a lot kinder to your hair

you could also ask for some test pieces first with the bleach first
so that you know your hair will take it ok before hand ,
(they usually take a little cutting and pop it in the bleach )

you could get test pieces done at another hairdressers of your choice
and this will show you the bleached blonde that can be achieved and most good hairdressers will do this for free at the consultation

Ps I would have no qualms going back to this hairdressers as you said she scowled at you and never offered you much of an explanation as to why she went against the initial consultation!....
that in my opinion was very rude of her ,
as I said before it is your hard earned cash, so be strong firm and very polite ,and I am sure you will be just fine at getting a result

its not a big job to run a bit more product through here and there
until it lifts a bit more ,

but as I cannot see the condition of your hair I would advise you to go back and hopefully let them assist you , :)
here is a link that may help , x minky

Minky, Thank you so much for your advice and for not making me feel like a complete wimp regarding my very glamorous but scowling hairdresser.

Forgot to mention (not sure if it's important or not) she did my root growth first then added the highlights whilst the colour was still wet, placing the foil on top of the wet colour - previous hairdresser used to do the highlights first then do my roots inbetween the foils - could this perhaps be the reason the highlights aren't as 'bright'. Did perhaps the root colour drip/merge into the highlights? I ask this because the mid length and ends of my highlights are bright but the top approximate 2" are not...sorry does that make sense?!

Minky, Thank you so much for your advice and for not making me feel like a complete wimp regarding my very glamorous but scowling hairdresser.

Forgot to mention (not sure if it's important or not) she did my root growth first then added the highlights whilst the colour was still wet, placing the foil on top of the wet colour - previous hairdresser used to do the highlights first then do my roots inbetween the foils - could this perhaps be the reason the highlights aren't as 'bright'. Did perhaps the root colour drip/merge into the highlights? I ask this because the mid length and ends of my highlights are bright but the top approximate 2" are not...sorry does that make sense?!

Hi yes this may be part of the problem
so therefore will you only be needing the roots touched up.......
I doubt it will wash any lighter now as it was a level 8 she put on the roots ,
let us know how you get on :) x minky

Hi yes this may be part of the problem
so therefore will you only be needing the roots touched up.......
I doubt it will wash any lighter now as it was a level 8 she put on the roots ,
let us know how you get on :) x minky

Hi Minky,

I finally got the courage to telephone the salon yesterday and spoke to the manager who was quite sympathetic until I mentioned that also an area of my root colour has washed out completely. (I have a small grey patch at the top of my head, luckily my parting is on the opposite side so it hides it, but I noticed yesterday morning that it had completely washed out, although the rest of my roots are fine, it's just the grey patch).

He asked me what shampoo/condtioners I was using as they may be too harsh, I told him I used Clynol shampoo/conditioner for coloured hair and added that I bought them from my previous salon (I didn't want him to think I was foolish enough to wash my hair in washing-up liquid!)

He then pointed out that my previous salon must have used Clynol colours on my hair and stated that must be the problem and asked if I informed his hairdresser during my consultation that my previous salon used Clynol colours. I hadn't...I didn't know I should! My previous hairdresser didn't say I had to seek out another Clynol salon, she just gave me the colour combo and said all hairdressers would understand the mix.

He has reluctantly agreed to see me on Saturday afternoon - I am ever so nervous, I still don't know what I've done wrong. :cry:

Is he saying I shouldn't have let his hairdresser use their colours (they use loreal majarell) are they not supposed to be used on top of each other?

Should I still go for the appointment or should I try and find a Clynol salon as my grey patch has never washed out before (are Clynol colours better for grey patches?)

Please, please can you or anyone else be kind enough to furnish me with some info/ammo?! (I feel so out of my depth) before I face him on Saturday. :eek:

Georgia x

Hi Minky,

I finally got the courage to telephone the salon yesterday and spoke to the manager who was quite sympathetic until I mentioned that also an area of my root colour has washed out completely. (I have a small grey patch at the top of my head, luckily my parting is on the opposite side so it hides it, but I noticed yesterday morning that it had completely washed out, although the rest of my roots are fine, it's just the grey patch).

Hi GerogiaS, I would be asking to talk directly with the salon owner now
this salon should not be having any problems with Loreal colours
as it puts Loreal in a bad light I would be interested in what Loreals input would be ? ..... as they seem to be saying loreal wont cover certain brands well I have never heard of this as Loreal is an excellent choice for covering anything,

Ask this manager to put it all in writing for you I will bet he wont !.....

also if this grey patch is new root regrowth
it would be new virgin hair so anything
they chose
to put on should cover any virgin root regrowth properly

He asked me what shampoo/condtioners I was using as they may be too harsh, I told him I used Clynol shampoo/conditioner for coloured hair and added that I bought them from my previous salon (I didn't want him to think I was foolish enough to wash my hair in washing-up liquid!)

In that case ! you could ask why you weren't advised at their consultation to buy all their brand shampoo and conditioners !

.... these people are to blame they are the professionals not you !.... and they are trying to shift the blame on to you ... which is just not on :mad:
my goodness you only want it put right !.... and they know that full well ....(it is not flipping rocket science)

Do take some good photos of your hair as it is now and the grey patch
(hopefully you wont need them ) but just in case ,

also if they continue to be unhelpful you are in within your right to demand any information that they hold on you (data protection act) they may charge a small fee around £10 or something ,
then you would know exactly what it was they used and what was written about the results ect...
and trading standards also come to mind ,

also may I ask you did they perform a proper skin test patch on you prior to applying any colour ?
(as every salon should to do this especially on new clients )
if not , then you could ask them why this was not performed either ,

He then pointed out that my previous salon must have used Clynol colours on my hair and stated that must be the problem and asked if I informed his hairdresser during my consultation that my previous salon used Clynol colours. I hadn't...I didn't know I should!

If they felt it was relevant then ..... they should have asked you all of this ..... as said before they are the professionals not you ..... but.... he knows that is its irrelevant to the problem,

My previous hairdresser didn't say I had to seek out another Clynol salon, she just gave me the colour combo and said all hairdressers would understand the mix.

Usually most of us will understand completely ..... and if we didn't then we then may ask you lots more questions and if we can't fathom it out
we would then use our own professional judgement (as that is what we are trained to do )
and at consultation we perform the necessary skin tests on new clients
and if in any doubt about the hair or what it has had on it
we take test cuttings to check how the colour takes ect .... and to assess the hairs strength

Then we match up your last colour to what brand we use and check with you that you like the colour and yes it should cover any other colours too
it was a basic level 8 right ? with 30 volume (again not exactly rocket science)
the responsibility lies with them! and not a previous salon colour

as said before if they were in any doubt about your hair .... then a professional salon would have taken some test pieces first....
he is the professional not you !.... and you are paying them to sort your hair out , and you entrusted your hair into their professional care and you need to know what they are going to do about it ?

He has reluctantly agreed to see me on Saturday afternoon - I am ever so nervous, I still don't know what I've done wrong. :cry:

You have done nothing wrong and they are treating you shabbily

Is he saying I shouldn't have let his hairdresser use their colours (they use loreal majarell) are they not supposed to be used on top of each other?

He is trying too shift the blame , but this is a load of rubbish ! you were getting a root regrowth done which is new hair growth with no previous colour on it! ...... and colours do take over other colours ,

Should I still go for the appointment or should I try and find a Clynol salon as my grey patch has never washed out before (are Clynol colours better for grey patches?)

If this grey is where the new root regrowth was?
then they have missed it .
if it is older longer root regrowth then your other salon may have missed it

Please, please can you or anyone else be kind enough to furnish me with some info/ammo?! (I feel so out of my depth) before I face him on Saturday. :eek:

first see what he has to offer and make sure they wont be charging you and (they usually charge for the blow dry conditioner ect......
but please don't be scared to go in earlier before your appointment to talk it out as he may have booked you in when it suited him and its not too busy so he can argue the toss with you again :eek: so don't give him the chance t do this ,

talk very politely but very firmly but don't lose your cool and keep repeating how you trusted him and how unhappy you are and how upsetting this is :cry:
and say it in front of anyone that is there ...... also do not let them take you to a quieter place ,
stand at the reception desk and talk it out there ,
(as they don't like other people to hear any complaints ...... but... as he has been so rude to you I wouldn't worry too much about others overhearing you ,
as they would do exactly the same as you too :hug:

although I think they should re do the whole lot free of charge,
I know I would ........
but if he offers you anything and you want to make things easier then just ask them to brighten the highlights for you

if he offers you nothing then I think its very unprofessional of him and you should take it further ,

Ps .... also I think this this manager and this salon is being totally unreasonable if they refuse to help you ,

Georgia x
please let us know how you go on :hug: x minky

Thank you so much for the advice Minky - you are so very kind to take the time to advise me.

I will print off your comments and try to memorise them just in case I need to quote you - at least I know I have rights and it's not my fault.

I can't say I am looking forward to Saturday but at least I'll sleep tonight!

Georgia x

please let us know how you go on :hug: x minky

Hi Minky, hope you're well.

Here is a brief (who am I kidding!) run down on what happened on Saturday. When I arrived at the salon (10 mins early) I was greeted by the manager who I had spoken to on the phone, he quickly ushered me to a chair and introduced a girl who was going to 'hopefully make me happy' (his words not mine), he then disappeared.

She was not the hairdresser who did my hair previously, although she was in the salon she didn't look at me once. The 'new' hairdresser asked me to explain why I was disappointed with my hair, so I began again listing my disappointments: the dull highlights, the grey patch and my root colour had faded and a copper tone had developed (the copper in my hair looked very, very vivid in the bright lights of the salon, almost metalic) so she couldn't disagree with that one either.

She said in her opinion the highlights looked great, but wanted me to be happy so would brighten them, she couldn't explain my grey patch and as far as the copper tinge to my roots was concerned she said that was because I had a lot of red & gold to my hair. She then disappeared for what seemed like an hour (of course it wasn't - but when you are left without a magazine or drink your mind plays tricks on you, I filled the time pretending to be busy with my phone). :o

When she returned she proceeded to re-do my roots in silence, I finally plucked up the courage to ask if I could make a few notes of what she was using (she shrugged with a bemused look on her face, apart from answering my questions regarding colours etc., she did her work in complete silence). :o:o

She used the following :

Roots.

She re did my roots to get rid of the copper lights with loreal supreme (714) she used this because: 'I have a stubborn grey patch and the shade would erradicate my red/gold (coppery) tones'.

Highlights.

Bleach highlights this time! She picked up the highlights and only added approx 2" of mixture, painted over the loreal root colour, again covered in sheets of foil. She used: 9% with bleach (not sure what that means) but she stated would 'NEVER USE 12% WITH HIGHLIGHTS' (don't know what that means either!)

My hair was washed and conditioned, blow-dried and straightened. It was the longest 3 hours of my life, I couldn't wait to get out. As soon as she had finished spraying an abundange of hair spray in my face/hair I was given my coat and asked if I was 'happy now'. I really couldn't get out quick enough...

The result.

Better that it was, the highlights reach to the top of my head now, although my roots are a little darker than I am used to (they used to be a caramely shade) they are now a lightish brown - but having said that I do like it - much better than the copper lights I had the day before! It's certainly not what I would have asked for, (if she had told me it would have came out darker I would have been very nervous of the change but she didn't tell me so I didn't have time to be scared), but again, I do like it. Time will tell if the grey patch will appear.

What do you think of the combo?

I know I can't return to that salon (I wouldn't want to either) the whole experience of going to the hairdressers is supposed to be a treat and it always has been in the past.

Do you think I should search out a Clynol salon and request the bleach highlight combo which I was used to (is there valid reasons for/against using majimeche v bleach). I certainly value your professional opinion. I just so want to get it right next time.

Georgia xx

No advise to offer but their attitude blew me away, not only would I not return but I would also tell my friends and anyone I met never to visit the salon. You poor thing x They should be embarrassed not you.

Hi, sorry I haven't been online for a while.

I am glad you have got a (slightly?) better result. It's good you stuck to your guns. I hope you have better luck finding a better salon because regardless of their opinion you should have been made to feel heard and welcome. :)

Hi GeorgiaS well I think you did very well to go back there and have it done properly :hug:
although I like using Loreal majemeches, majicontrast ,and also Loreal perms, I mainly use the Wella Colour range for tinting ....and for highlights bleaching I use mostly Wella Blondor blue powder bleach ... (just preference really)

again out of preference I would rather weave the foils out first in little packets and then apply the tint to the roots in between the packets of foils (again just personal preference)
I do place bleach over fresh wet tint now and again for certain softer effects

If you were happy with your Clynol combo ..... I would search around for a good hairdressers who will be happy to provide this for you,
(I am sure there will be plenty of hairdressers willing to help you with your clynol combo )
if I had a new client who knew her colour combination and was very happy to stick to it ,
I would be more than happy to order that particular brand in for her :)

I don't think I would want to return to that salon either!.... as they didn't deserve your custom by making you feel so very unwelcome in the first place, :(
anyway I am very happy it has been brightened a bit more for you and that you kinda like it , and I am happy that you managed to get the whole lot done too!.... well done for standing your ground :hug:

Ps, I looked this up for you :) hth minky

L'Oreal Color Supreme Hair Colour / Tint
This is a permanant hair colour,
50ml tubes.

With Color Supreme L'Oreal launches its first dual action anti-aging hair colur.

It has been specifically designed to cover 80% to 100% white hair with just one shade,
(no need to mix with basic or golden base shades.)

The result : Lively,luminous reflects and multitonal colour.

Enriched with a trio of ingredients that forms Densilum-R ,our latest technological innovation,

Color Supreme significantly increases volume for hair that feels thicker and looks fuller.

This product looks great and if it does what it says your clients will love it.

The latest most up to date professional colour system from L'Oreal.

5,14 French Hazel,

5,35 Amber Wine,
6,23 Cedar Blend, 6,54 Fired Earth,

7,14 Caramel Pearl,

8,13 Golden Ashes, 8,23 Champagne Diamond, 8,34 Sparkling Topaz,

9,13 Pure Diamond, and 9,32 Pearl Cashmere

Hi Minky,

My hair is still good, no fading and my grey patch is still covered! :green:

Thank you for the further information on supreme, the shades sound yummy. As it's formulated for 80% - 100% grey hair will it still be ok for me (I don't have any grey apart from my grey patch) - will it be too harsh for the rest of my regrowth?

Another thing I forget to mention, (I don't think it's important - I'm just curious). My previous hairdresser used to add my highlights after first putting a central parting in my hair (even though I have a side parting) but both the other 'glamorous but scary' hairdressers began my highlights from my side parting - which one is correct or does it not matter? I only ask as I hope that if I understand the science bit I wont be as nervous the next time I try to find a hairdresser.

Thank you so much again for your time and advice, if I hadn't had your help I dread to think what I would have done (I am such a wimp) and I just couldn't have done it without you!

Georgia xx

Last edited:
Hi Georgia , glad your grey patch isn't fading :)
as for Loreal supreme I can't really comment on this particular tint as I have never used it before,
although I did train in Loreal colours ..... it was quite some time ago ,
and Loreal are constantly bringing out so many new fab colours and make so many different kinds of colours for lots of different hairtypes , coverage and hair textures, their product training is very in depth and intense and pretty expensive......

so unless you actually work in a Loreal appointed salon and receive free product up date training , it can become far too expensive for a mobile hairdresser or a small salon to keep up with Loreals expensive product training courses ,

therefore a lot of us hairdressers tend to opt for other just as good and excellent colour brands that offer product update training for free
eg the Wella colour classes ect ...

Back to Loreal supreme I imagine the colour pigments in loreal supreme may be a little more intense... to keep the colour from fading ...also there maybe a Loreal trained hairdresser on here .... who uses Loreal supreme may be able to go into more depth about it :)

As for your your side parting most hairdressers will take this into consideration ,
I usually take a complete section so the parting lies right in the middle of that section (hard to describe)..... but most hairdressers will section out the foils so that the hair can be parted anywhere afterwards and the highlights will still show through nicely ,
but there's certainly no harm in gently reminding the hairdresser just before they start to confirm once again where the parting is going to be ,
I certainly wouldnt mind ,
after all its your hair.... and most hairdressers are only too happy to listen and confirm the clients wishes are met ,
hth :) minky

Back to Loreal supreme I imagine the colour pigments in loreal supreme may be a little more intense... to keep the colour from fading ...also there maybe a Loreal trained hairdresser on here .... who uses Loreal supreme may be able to go into more depth about it :)

Hi again Minky,

I will post another couple of questions, hopefully some Loreal experts will take pity on me :lol:

Georgia xx

Latest posts

Back