Is there a market for express nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tend do to do these to order for proms, weekends etc and always advise the sticky pads not glue

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 384
So back to the sticky pads:

Best place to get them?

How many are you giving your clients?

I find them so fragile that I worry and organza bag won't cut it?

What a cute idea putting one on the ribbon!

Probably a daft question but how do you hold them while your painting them, imagine it could be fiddly picking them up and putting them down without smudging!

This took me a while to work out, if they're single ones like the ones from boots if you get some blue tac and pop them on the end of a pencil it makes it a lot easier to paint them without them smudging xx

This took me a while to work out, if they're single ones like the ones from boots if you get some blue tac and pop them on the end of a pencil it makes it a lot easier to paint them without them smudging xx

Thank you that's along the lines of what I was thinking!

I tend do to do these to order for proms, weekends etc and always advise the sticky pads not glue

Beautiful as always Maz xx

I really wrestled with the notion of this. But I feel it's no different to my doing s/p lashes and retailing la la lashes also. Acrylics etc aren't for everybody's situation, so I feel it's ok to offer a compromise!

I chat waffles don't I?! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Beautiful as always Maz xx

I really wrestled with the notion of this. But I feel it's no different to my doing s/p lashes and retailing la la lashes also. Acrylics etc aren't for everybody's situation, so I feel it's ok to offer a compromise!

I chat waffles don't I?! Xx

Thanks
And lol Not waffle

I don't do these all the time, always have plain ones in stock to do but it's for clients who normally want something different, like 3d work or onestroke and want to match a dress or similar but can't keep them for work, I do say I have no responsibility which is why I don't sell the sticky pads just the painted nails

I absolutely love this idea...I have so many clients who cant have nails for work but are always looking for something for a special occasion.

Would u recommend the loosr nails or the ones that I can only describe as lookimg like a vine of tomatoes.

Also if it best to always do a consultation to ensure nails fit, or is it best to do extra in case of fitting issues xx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Hi geeks what a great idea what do you search on eBay for them?

I'm going to put in a few extras in case, like in the elegant touch boxes you can get. I thought for an extra charge, my daughter can colour match or replicate details on the design if people want her to. I have to admit, she's not 100% sold on doing it, she thinks they will ping off too easily with the tabs. We'll have to trial a set and see, I'm one of those heavy handed fools we all whinge about lol :) xx

You guys have got me thinking about this now :) I love the sets Maz has put up. I'm assuming with those there's no consultation or fitting, they just get the 10 sized nails on the spine? For those that don't use spines do you buy tips like you would use for extensions and cut down or ones with tabs like the elegant touch ones? Also possibly a silly question but I'm assuming people use gel/gel polish rather than varnish?

Thanks x

Last edited:
When I sell a set if nails, I sell them as a non fitted set without adhesive of any type, I recommend sticky pads and where can buy and devise not to use nail glue from chemists and I sell them as a possibly reusable one night use product and explain they can loose them etc

I write on their card they've bought them with no fit and no guarantee, just as you would if you had bought them from any high street shop.

Where can you recommend clients to get sticky backs? I must be far behind here because I havent heard of them, do you mean just the false nails already have a sticky layer on the back of them so you can just pop them on?

I got a pack of nails for a client & couldnt do consultation before I painted as she was away but there was 2 4 nails in the pack! I didnt know how many to paint or what size, how many d you all paint usually?

these look like a great idea can anyone recommend a good ebay seller to get supplies from? xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Maz, where do you buy them on the 'frame'? I'm sick of pencils and blue tack lol xx

Finally finished my latest commission! Had great fun doing these for an upcoming YouTube music video for a performance artist.ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384213591.980832.jpg

If anyone wants to give more details on where to tell clients to get sticky backs etc that would be appreciated. It's a great idea and I'd love to be able to offer it to garner interest in nail art from my clients.

Thanks in advance :D

Last edited:
You can tell them to go to boots and get the Elegant Touch ones :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384255214.826806.jpg some of my ore designed nails

So strange to come across this thread! I have literally just been asked to do two sets of Christmas designs for one of my friends. She is going to get her own nails and make sure they're the right size before I nail art them.
I didn't realise this was as popular as it is. I might have to give this some more thought! :idea:

does anyone still do these im looking into it as I have a lot of likers on facebook that live too far away but would still like some of my designs on nails. They would not be able to come for a consultation so how do you suggest I make sure I get the write sized nails to them? also are on the vine nails or separate ones better to use? if anybody has any links for sites they use to buy theres for if you can pm me them that would be great, thanks x

Latest posts

Back