Is there anything wrong with my website?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugarsalon

Reaction score
hi all - i wonder if you have 5 mins if you could have a look at my website please and give me any comments (i am happy with constructive critisism!). i had 181 hits on it in september but so far only one client (who actually said my website looked really professional). i know it is early days but it just made me wonder if there was something on there that may be putting people off. i look forward to hearing from you guys! thanks x
www.sugarsalon.co.uk

Lovely site - would only say that the first paragraph says you are 'completing' so sounds to the client perhaps that you are unqualified.

Perhaps stick up some befores/afters of your work.

Don't get disheartened - Think about how many people walk into a clothes shop every day and don't buy. May not mean they don't like you. Some may have been walking through = just accidently saw you and popped in.

Others may think you sell something they want - your website says 'sugarsalon' but you only do nails - how many of those visits were people wanting alternative treatments.

Your location may be out too. Some people from the other end of the country could have stumbled on your site.

Theres loads of reasons. Just actively and locally advertise your website on google maps and facebook etc and hopefully you will start getting more clients.

I get 180 hits a day on my website and only a small percentage of them book a tan.

Good Luck x

hey

i agree about the first paragraph it suggests that you are not qualified which may put people off. Apart from that i think the site is lovely. Very professional and nice colours, design etc.

If you are qualified i would perhaps put qualified and insured or something along those lines or even list the qualification that you have.

As for all the hits you have , people can be nosey and maybe just looking around to see what you do so its nothing personal if they dont book. I know myself i like to look at everyone elses websites to see their prices, layout, what they do etc . I think pictures in a gallery of your work is also a good idea. I am working on gethering together some nice pictures for mine at the moment as i think that is whats missing from mine hth xxxx

How are people coming across your website? I have my website on my signs, and price lists and business cards, and seem to be getting a good few hita and people booking from it. Ask each client who books where theyheard about you, and keep a note of it. Put your web address on your price list, some people like to have a look at a website before booking in (in my exeperience of my website).also, have your website registered on google maps, this is where i got a lot of my appointments booked thru the website. Hope this helps you...and think, at least people are looking at your site. Just because they don't book today, doesn't mean that when their regular nail tech doesn't have an appointment or they get let down by someone else they might call you!!! At least people know where yoiu are and how to get in touch. xxx

Hi,
I don't think theres anything wrong with this website i like it the only thing is i would lose the bit where it says i am completing... i agree with the above that it makes you sound unqualified. From a clients pov they would probably think this too:eek:

I like the colours and layout of it tho its nice :)

Princess P XxX

thanks for all your comments - i really do appreciate the feedback. i am still completeting my vtct level 2 so i am not fully qualified at the moment and i wanted clients to be aware of that - is that the right thing to do? or should i just take that bit out?

thanks

Well you can't really not tell people if you're not qualified, imo. I would rearrange the wording of that first sentence though, I'd move 'currently' to after the word technician. And on the special offers page, you've spelt 'believe' wrong (on the top line).

It does take ages to get established though, you do have to be patient and just keep advertising. There's certainly nothing on there that would put me off. :hug:

I would perhaps add a few more details. Like the areas you cover, working hours, minimum spend etc.

Latest posts

Back