Is this normal?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danni1984

Reaction score
Hi geeks, today I done a new client a cut and blowdry after I finished her hair she asked about having her colour done she took out of her bag a box from a wella koleston tint and said this is what the Salon I usually go to uses on me, I asked her where did she get the box from and she said the man that does her hair sells it to her with a bottle of peroxide to touch her roots up with, does anyone else do this I've never know a salon to sell professional tints to clients. Xxx

no this aint normal.....wow i cant believe that her hd would sell her tint.

I bet shes lying and brought it herself from quite a few high street places selling old discontiued/new tint boxes as warehouse/extension places. IYGWIM theres quite a few sprouting up all over the place. I know some trainee hd that did this...stupid if you ask me you do end up paying more.

Question is, has she attempted to retouch the roots herself? xoxo

She said she had been doing it in between appointments to cover up her greys and said the salon owner that used to do her hair was abit soft like that, don't understand why a salon owner would do that as that means she visits the salon less than normal as she's doing her roots herself in between. Xxx

She also could buy it at Sally's they do sell proffesional hair colours to everyone and I think it is sooo wrong, as we hairdressers have to deal with the nightmare on the head:(

I have had several clients ask to do this and some get upset when I say no, I even had some one say it's not hard to do, you don't have to be clever to be a hairdresser :(

Even ultimate and hairways sell to the public, I offered to get some shampoo and conditoner etc for my client from hairways and she says "oh I have a trade card for there" when I asked her how she said she just requested one and hey presto she can buy anything that we do! And buy it at the same price we do.
Another one of my clients goes into rolling stock and buys her own hair colour, last one she got she was advised that it was ok to put majicontrast red on her scalp with 30 vol and she did it at home without doing a skin test.
Eeekkkkk
Surely there must be a way of making these wholesalers sell to only professionals???? If they want to sell to the public then maybe they should limit it to just shampoo and conditioners, hair dryers etc etc?
X

Even ultimate and hairways sell to the public, I offered to get some shampoo and conditoner etc for my client from hairways and she says "oh I have a trade card for there" when I asked her how she said she just requested one and hey presto she can buy anything that we do! And buy it at the same price we do.
Another one of my clients goes into rolling stock and buys her own hair colour, last one she got she was advised that it was ok to put majicontrast red on her scalp with 30 vol and she did it at home without doing a skin test.
Eeekkkkk
Surely there must be a way of making these wholesalers sell to only professionals???? If they want to sell to the public then maybe they should limit it to just shampoo and conditioners, hair dryers etc etc?
X

I wish there was a way,

I have a customer that was given a tube of colour from her old mobile hairdresser before she moved house so when she found a new hairdresser she could show them exactly what she had been using, fortunately it's the same colours as I use anyway.

I can understand giving them the lid off the box to show somewhere what brand and colour but te whole tube?
Just wrong!
There's so much in the media about hair problems and nails etc... Going wrong, if we could stop stockists selling to Jo public these reports would be so few and far between our business would be booming! Xoxo

Latest posts

Back