Issues with male treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajshard

Reaction score
I am currently training in nails and beauty and have been looking at some massage courses. In a conversation with my boyfriend last night he expressed concerns about my treating men, massage definately seemed an issue for him. Has anyone had this problem with their other half? In the end he said do whatever you feel you want and I will try to get use to it!

grrrr:irked:

Sounds like your fella is a little bit jealous! Lol. No my other half has always been supportive, but since I am now mobile ( and upon advice from other geeks) I don't offer my services to male clients! Just for my own safety.

Last edited:
Hello ajshard,

Well it seems from your question that he has a problem with you in giving tratment to males. One option is that you can make him understand that there is nothing wrong in it. And if he is not ready to understand at all then you can carry on your massage treatments to the females only.:) What you say?

Sounds to me like you fella needs to understand what a massage is ... has he had one? Maybe he should experience a good massage somewhere to experience what you want to offer.

Why is offering a massage to a guy any different to a facial?

Mat

My boyfriend felt the same, i am on my level 3 now doing massage and he doesn’t like thought of me doing massage on men.

It's just an insecurity and jealousy.

I wouldn’t worry he’ll get used to it.

It’s a career and it’s just a body, explain this to him and I am sure he’ll be fine, mine is now. At the end of the day its money, money for you two.

I think it stems from the word 'massage parlour',even now if you type in 'massage' on google or other search engines you get all the seedy adverts:irked:It shouldn't be allowed.Massage is not a form of prostitution and I wish they would not put the two under one title...something that will never change I suppose.

It's important you explain to your fella that a massage is therapeutic,that it's not an intimate thing between you and the male client.That you are there to provide a service,i.e relaxation,loosening tight muscles,breaking down nodules etc,liken it to that of a Dr examining us,he/she doesn't look at us in a sexual way when performing say a breast examination or internal,this is what seperates us as professionals from the,'other type'.As mentioned try booking your boyfriend in for a massage.Then hopefully he will have a better inderstanding in the true meaning of a massage:green:

I am thinking about putting on my website that I do NOT offer intimate massage, and to ask me would offend. Like you say Babs its all cos of massage parlours and the old profession, MENtality still thinks like this :)

I have had a few emails from the other end of Essex asking about massage, and I explain whats the point in driving an hour for a relaxing hour and a bit massage only to do another hours drive, but they insist on coming up this way, I just say to them, look I've found someone else in your area that will carry out this therapy for you, usually they say thanks, but I'll pass !! Yeah of course you will :)

P.S Also had someone ask did I go to hotels down South and he didn't want me to use towels, when my old website specifically said I only do the CO postcode and towels do not obstruct the massage the way I place them! Didn't hear from him after that, wonder why lol Doesn't stop me from massaging men, those kind are few and far between.

Last edited:
my boyfriend is exactly the same!he was mortified when i said i would massage a man if he booked into my salon, he said it made him uncomfortable i was alone with a man in my salon, as its only me who works in it and he doesnt want me touching another mans body! i only massage male family members and his friends now as to be honest he has a point about me shut in a salon room with a man on my own when no1 els works in the salon..

Latest posts

Back