Ist time entering a competition.... help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

margot

Reaction score
Hi, I have taken the plunge and am going to enter in the novice section of Proffessional Nails in September. I am just qualified - but excitedly confident. I was just looking for any advice or tips as I have obviously never done anything like this before. I am doing L&P.

Anything would help!!!

if you do a search there is thread from kathryn which ahs lots of information in it for competition entries.

Also if you go to the professional beauty website then you can download the rules & regulations.
Good luck
x

Thanks Scattyfox!!!

Oh good luck Cheryl :cool: Sure some of our comping geeks will give you a few tips :cool:

Hi Cheryl,

I did the Novice at Excel earlier this year. I found it great fun but, most of all, educational. The advice I received on my feedback from the judges was so valuable. Get yourself a great model with nice, long nailbeds, stay calm and just enjoy the experience. Good luck - we'll be cheering for you !

Write out your timings and stick to them rigidly, e.g 30 mins tip application etc. Get your model to time keep for you (you have had 15 mins etc)
Keep your work area super tidy and clean at all times (10 points for floor judging is a hell of a lot!)
Polishing time can be tricky as your neighbour may be buffing her nails to a high shine and while she is buffing away creating fire the table could wobble when you are perfecting your red polish!! Trust me Ive been a culprit!
KEEP CALM - the most important thing.

Good luck see you there
x

For all wanna be Competiting Geeks

search for this thread and it gives you a copy of an old scoresheet, although the rules have changed slightly it will give you an idea of what they are looking for.
x

Latest posts

Back