It all went so wrong

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dooliepops

Reaction score
Oh fellow geeks, help me do. I've made a complete and utter mess and don't know what to do!!!

Wherever my mind was today, it most certainly wasn't on the job.
We have been so busy and a client came in that decided she wanted Extensions. After talking with her, I decided Gel extensions would be right for her, with forms rather than tips. I decided instead of Brisa Lite ( It has been giving a couple of customers bad exothermic reactions lately) I would use NSI Balance Gel.

This was the start of my problem.

I used the FINISH Gel, It was running all over the place!(of course) The client was experiencing such heat that she kept taking her hands out of the lamp and shaking them. The gel was set in the most strange places and ways.

I couldn't understand what on earth was wrong (Talk about stupid, thick, you name it)

I then committed the cardinal no no!!! I mixed the Gel. Not being able to get any kind of body or apex and my client experiencing burning pain, I had to.
So on went the Brisa Lite, More burning!!! Ouch.

Finally, I realised what I had done!!
Too late. The client had been there almost 2 hours, i had other clients waiting.
I filed them and made them look ok, I put the Shellac colour of her choice on top and let her walk out. Extremely Happy I might add.
But OMG! how long before they fall off???
I am so angry with myself and gutted. What can I do? what do you all think will happen to those nails??

When I make a mistake, it has to be huge :cry:

Do you mean you used finish instead of builder? X

Can you call her back before Christmas for a 'check up'? Just make something up like you wanted to see she was getting on with the nails as she had the heat spike...

I personally haven't experienced what happens when you mix two different brands but I would be worried her Christmas will be ruined ...

I only do Biosculpture and Shellac so can't advise about the gel but I just wanted to say that we all occasionally have days like this so just forgive yourself and wait and see what happens with her nails.
Don't stress about it, I've been doing this for 5 years now and every now and then something happens which makes me feel like I'm a trainee and will never be good enough.
At least it's a mistake you won't make again. Xxx

I think if it were me I would be honest and tell her what happened, you could always wait to see if she contacts you then tell her but it doesn't sound like the best experience for her, I know if appreciate the honestly if it happened to me and maybe offer a discount or free re do if she has problems

The longevity of the nails will depend on what she does with them
The Finish gel with the Shellac will not be enough to support any length extension, so they might not last too long 😩
However, I would be inclined to call her and enquire how she was finding the nails - given the heat spike etc
If all is well & good - great 👍
But, if not, redo them .......she'll appreciate your concern and helpfulness

Yes Blossom I did. I'm so mad with myself. What do you think will happen to that set of nails?
Thank you and the others for replying x

Latest posts

Back