"it just fell off"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IllumeGirl

Reaction score
does this excuse that some clients like to use annoy the daylights out of you?:irked:
i can say honestly as a wearer of enhancements that this has never happened to mine in the 18 years i have worn them! as a nail tech reading this...have yours?:eek:
why do some clients persist with this excuse when its pretty evident from the damaged plate that force has been a factor?:rolleyes:
to me this is the most irritating comment a client can make:mad:

after spending a good hour and a half creating the best possible work,listening to their life story and charging a competitive price one would expect some honesty and respect,so why do they trot out this old excuse?

i could sit there and prove to them it hasn't just fallen off,but i don't think debating with my clients is very professional my usual tactic is just to act amazed,smile and charge extra...they know its a lie and so do i..no need to argue the point and lose the client.

how does this ridiculous excuse make you feel?
BTW i am feeling rather PMT ish today,lol.

Sometimes (with 2 clients in particular), I really want to argue the point. The way they can sit there & blatantly lie to your face is incredible, but you can't say too much can you, or you lose the client.

Hi girls
I usually say to my clients (when they say those 4 words ) Oh that,s a shame. I don,t know how that could of happened.? I haven,t had any of my other clients tell me that they just fell off.. Maybe It,s something different that YOUR doing with your hands....then they usually come clean and tell me that they had been gardening or typing or whatever.. so don,t be diss heartened it happens to ALL of us sometimes..
Anne.....

maybe we need lie detector tests like Jeremy Kyle LOL LOL :rolleyes:

xxxxxxxx

Just stick to your guns and stand your ground. You are a master CND tech and you know your nails do not 'just drop off'. The clients are going to keep lying and you must just keep charging.

And this :hug: is for your PMT xx

Just stick to your guns and stand your ground. You are a master CND tech and you know your nails do not 'just drop off'. The clients are going to keep lying and you must just keep charging.

And this :hug: is for your PMT xx
lol,thankyou:lol:

I've had a few of my models with them 'dropping off'. Having only just passed my gel foundation exam with NSI though, I feel it may well have been due to my lack of experience, although some clients have admitted to knocking them. At the moment, whilst I fret over them, I feel a little better knowing they haven't paid anything for them, but what if I've charged them?

I know from having my own done, they rarely just come off. But if they did through no fault of my own, I would expect them repairing free of charge.

I am thinking at the minute that if I charge someone and they have the odd problem, I will try to accomodate them without any further fees, if they can come to me for repairs. What does anyone else think?

Sometimes (with 2 clients in particular), I really want to argue the point. The way they can sit there & blatantly lie to your face is incredible, but you can't say too much can you, or you lose the client.
yes, i know exactly what you mean!

Hi girls
I usually say to my clients (when they say those 4 words ) Oh that,s a shame. I don,t know how that could of happened.? I haven,t had any of my other clients tell me that they just fell off.. Maybe It,s something different that YOUR doing with your hands....then they usually come clean and tell me that they had been gardening or typing or whatever.. so don,t be diss heartened it happens to ALL of us sometimes..
Anne.....
yep, thats always a good approach..i love maintaing eye contact with this..i like to watch them squirm in their seat,lol.

maybe we need lie detector tests like Jeremy Kyle LOL LOL :rolleyes:

xxxxxxxx
a lie detector would be fantastic!:lol:

i shake my hands at them and say "look mine aint falling off"......pmsl xx

I've not been doing nails for that long but yes, I have had some say 'they just fell off' and it was very annoying and I told her so, especially as she said it in front of a lot of people and made me look bad. I reckon she had to have done something to the nails first for this to happen. She had silk on at the time though and I don't think they are as strong so I let it go.

However I can honestly say that I have never had one of mine fall off whether silk or L&P, or even break come to that even though I've caught 'em, bashed 'em, trapped them in the door etc.

Come to think of it though I did have one break once and it was a nail I had done at a demo night. It was done by a master artist and the next day I caught it on a table and it broke. While examining the bit that was left on i noticed a bit of lift on the broken edge and slid my other nail under it and it did 'ping' of in one piece. Even if I hadn't have caught it I reckon it wouldn't have lasted very long. It was exremely thinly applied.

I know it's naughty but I have tried to peel my own off before and it's been impossible without tearing my nail.

I always ask on the aftercare advice sheet I give them to bring the nail back with them so I can have a look at it but this hasn't happened yet.

I had much the same with a hairdresser client, I had done her nails and she was chuffed to bits with them. However 2 days later I got a text to say that they were ALL lifting! I asked her to come round and I would sort them out, however she said she was too busy and made an appointment for a few days later.
When she came to me there were still 4 or 5 perfect nails, no lifting! When I asked her what had happened, she tried to tell me it was due to her job but then admited to picking them off!:eek:
Although I think her job perhaps had something to do with it, her picking was a nightmare and after I got her initial text, I felt awful, thinking it was something that I had done:irked:

I want to get one of then glass hands and put enhancments on it, then I can just point and say "you've been coming to me for 2 years and not one of them nails had ever fallen off!"

Take a look at this thread I did not long back.........it might interest you!
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/47057-ever-get-client-telling-you-their-nail-just-pinged-off.html
HTH
thanks Julie, must have overlooked it in the pre chrissie rush x

i shake my hands at them and say "look mine aint falling off"......pmsl xx
lol, will have to try that next time:)

I've not been doing nails for that long but yes, I have had some say 'they just fell off' and it was very annoying and I told her so, especially as she said it in front of a lot of people and made me look bad. I reckon she had to have done something to the nails first for this to happen. She had silk on at the time though and I don't think they are as strong so I let it go.

However I can honestly say that I have never had one of mine fall off whether silk or L&P, or even break come to that even though I've caught 'em, bashed 'em, trapped them in the door etc. this is exactly my point, i have never experienced this and neither have my "good clients"

Come to think of it though I did have one break once and it was a nail I had done at a demo night. It was done by a master artist and the next day I caught it on a table and it broke. While examining the bit that was left on i noticed a bit of lift on the broken edge and slid my other nail under it and it did 'ping' of in one piece. Even if I hadn't have caught it I reckon it wouldn't have lasted very long. It was exremely thinly applied. yep, thin is beautiful but there's a fine line between thin and too thin.

I know it's naughty but I have tried to peel my own off before and it's been impossible without tearing my nail. that is naughty!

I always ask on the aftercare advice sheet I give them to bring the nail back with them so I can have a look at it but this hasn't happened yet.

I had much the same with a hairdresser client, I had done her nails and she was chuffed to bits with them. However 2 days later I got a text to say that they were ALL lifting! I asked her to come round and I would sort them out, however she said she was too busy and made an appointment for a few days later.
When she came to me there were still 4 or 5 perfect nails, no lifting! When I asked her what had happened, she tried to tell me it was due to her job but then admited to picking them off!:eek:
Although I think her job perhaps had something to do with it, her picking was a nightmare and after I got her initial text, I felt awful, thinking it was something that I had done:irked:
yes, with that initial lifting, the water certainly wouldn't have helped,hairdressing clients are usually a challenge,even if there's no lifting problems there's all that yucky colour:eek:

I want to get one of then glass hands and put enhancments on it, then I can just point and say "you've been coming to me for 2 years and not one of them nails had ever fallen off!"
pmsl:lol:

These people try the patience of a saint [ us, lol ]
Link below is a vent I had a while ago - :)
apfa.net.au :: View topic - Nails THAT JUST POP OFF

XX J XX
that's a brilliant thread. :hug:

I've had a few of my models with them 'dropping off'. Having only just passed my gel foundation exam with NSI though, I feel it may well have been due to my lack of experience, although some clients have admitted to knocking them. At the moment, whilst I fret over them, I feel a little better knowing they haven't paid anything for them, but what if I've charged them? imo i find gels to be a bit more fragile..or maybe its my lack of skill at the moment with them! always check the nail plate for trauma signs,then your mind can be at rest.

I know from having my own done, they rarely just come off. But if they did through no fault of my own, I would expect them repairing free of charge.

I am thinking at the minute that if I charge someone and they have the odd problem, I will try to accomodate them without any further fees, if they can come to me for repairs. What does anyone else think?
be careful with this one,you may find pickers taking advantage of you for a long time. maybe two free repairs with their rebalance appointment, don't book in just repairs though,otherwise you may find your day full of freebies

MJ Many Thanks:)

XX J XX

Yep Melody Jayne, I don't do dat no more! :o Very naughty!

Latest posts

Back