itchy eyes 10 days after eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angie32

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I have a client who had her first set of ee 2 weeks ago. She had a patch test and was fine and was fine after the initial application but said 9 days after her eyes started to itch...really itch! infact she rubbed and itched them out.
She rang me yesterday to tell me what had happened and to ask if I had time to do another whole set at the appointment she had made for her top up. I was really upset that she hadnt rang me when her eyes were itchy so I could have had a look and removed them properly but was also mythed cos I had never heard of this before.
What do you guys make of it?
had any clients complaining of itching? what made them itch?
This lady loved her lashes and really wants another set..do you think its safe to do another set for her?
thanks guys

Hi everyone
I have a client who had her first set of ee 2 weeks ago. She had a patch test and was fine and was fine after the initial application but said 9 days after her eyes started to itch...really itch! infact she rubbed and itched them out.
She rang me yesterday to tell me what had happened and to ask if I had time to do another whole set at the appointment she had made for her top up. I was really upset that she hadnt rang me when her eyes were itchy so I could have had a look and removed them properly but was also mythed cos I had never heard of this before.
What do you guys make of it?
had any clients complaining of itching? what made them itch?
This lady loved her lashes and really wants another set..do you think its safe to do another set for her?
thanks guys

Thats really frustrating and possibly damaging to her lashes that she itched them all out :eek: I allways stress to my clients that they call me if anything out of the norm with their lashes/eyes should happen but we just have to hope that they do!!!!

As to what it may have been, could be a number of things, make sure she hasnt got conjunctivitus!!!!! allergies, changed makeup, all the usual culprits, also when they are growing out they can become top heavy which in turn, depending on the natural lash (fine, strong etc) could mean that would aggravate her, she could have some residual shampoo left in them if she washed her hair, which again could cause itching. Of course the worse case senario is that she has had a reaction to the glue!!!! but 9 days after!!!!!!!

Personally I would do flicks on her or a half set and see how she is with them, theres no point putting a whole set back on and it happening again, what you dont want is her pulling her natural lashes out :eek:

If the flicks or half set are trouble free for the next two weeks, build up her lashes at the next infill, its a slower way of testing but I say you can never be too safe when it comes to eyes,

hope that helps, just some suggestions :lol:

Latest posts

Back