It's not that hard?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmp1982

Reaction score
Hey geeks,

Ok, so I've got this client who's been to me prob 5-6 times now..... She has NNO and seems pleasant enough. So she comes to the salon today for infills and starts asking me lots of questions and y I do each stage?? ... Hmmm...
How long do u have to set gel for?
What is that you're using?? Y?? Etc...

Then she goes on to tell me Shes bought a lamp and some gel and is gonna do it herself to save her some money!!! Because... "its not that hard!!"....That's not it.... She then says, that she's gonna file off a few nails after a week and redo them herself an if she messes up then "it's ok, coz u can fix it!!" :0 unbelievable!!! Yeah coz I love undoing peoples mistakes who have
No blimmen idea!! ;(

Good lord!

I would honestly refuse to serve her as a client if she does this.

She'll be back for you to fix the mess!! :lol:

When you're good at what you do, you make it look easy... She'll have to find out the hard way!

If I had a pound for every person who said that to me, I could have already retired!!!!

When she comes back with ripped cuticles and file burn, lifting and bumpy nails I'd tell her that you can't remove or fix them due to the chemical structure of your products reacting with hers :) Throw in a few technical words and look very serious.

But then again I can be a bit of a cow sometimes :)

I've had conversations with my hubbie who thinks all things nails are easy. So I gave him a stick on nail, a bottle of polish and told him to copy one of mine. It wasn't pretty :)

Hi Imp1982, I know her attitude can be frustrating but look at it this way, it's really a compliment. You are SO good at what you do, you make it look easy.

We all know it's not easy and there is a lot to 'doing nails'.

Best of luck! :)

Hi,
I think this situation is fab!!
When she comes back in with messed up nails, i would just smile at her, and say "ooohhh, silly you! Its not that hard!" "it`s ok, I can fix it", fix up her nails, let her pay,and see her on here way,
Then do a little "in your face" dance.lol!!

Let us know if she returns : )
x

Hi,
When she comes back in with messed up nails, i would just smile at her, and say "ooohhh, silly you! Its not that hard!" "it`s ok, I can fix it", fix up her nails, let her pay,and see her on here way,

x

LOL x

Hi,

x

LOL love the in your face dance!

It seems alot of clients are doing this these days eh? I wouldn't worry because she will be back as I guarantee they will be a right mess haha! What are they like eh? I suppose it's the same with hair, people think they can dye their hair with highlights and everything and then go to their hairdressers and get it fixed. My cousin was saying the same to me when I told her I was doing shellac, she was like soooo can I buy the polish and lamp and do it myself? I said no as they are only available to professionals. And plus it would cost ALOT! lol. So she was like oh, ok. What they like? X

Yep my fix-up fee is normal Shellac fee plus 20% lol

Jacqui xx

I've had conversations with my hubbie who thinks all things nails are easy. So I gave him a stick on nail, a bottle of polish and told him to copy one of mine. It wasn't pretty :)

I wish mine would have a go he's a classicly trained artist with a degree in fine art and I'd LOVE to see what he could do, I reckon he'd be a fab nail tech!

Latest posts

Back