I've been done!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkthistle

Reaction score
I bought a second hand beauty electrical item...I'm quite happy it was in perfect condition when it left the seller, she has been in constant contact by email, I have her address and phone number etc so don't feel blame against her in any way....
When it arrived I was busy, the delivery guy was thrusting the electrical signature thing at me..I signed, he left. It was then I noticed the box was upside down and burst.

When I unpacked everything a frame was shattered and the machine had a large dent...on set up it doesn't work..al blinking and flashing but no output.

My problem is when I contacted the couriers later that day they directed me to the small print on their web site and said "sorry but that comes under restricted items sent at owners own risk" at no time during booking, payment, subsequent emailed confirmation and a phone call was I reminded to look at this section or offered additional cover ( though I suspect it still wouldn't have been covered ) they also say by signing with the delivery guy " I was accepting the goods were in good condition" there is no way this guy would have stood while I set up and tested this thing it took over half an hour!
The email read "sorry your not happy but its nothing to do with us your not covered"

They say as a good will token they will refund me £20 delivery costs....I'm down £255 with potential expensive repair costs, I'm so bloody angry.
I've threatened legal action but I think I know its no use and their web site is designed in such a way they will never be liable for anything although I'm sure they must have some duty of care type liability...
Sorry for the rant, but I'm also annoyed I deliberately chose the local company thinking it was to be more reliable than a big courier...how wrong was I. :-(

I bought a second hand beauty electrical item...I'm quite happy it was in perfect condition when it left the seller, she has been in constant contact by email, I have her address and phone number etc so don't feel blame against her in any way....
When it arrived I was busy, the delivery guy was thrusting the electrical signature thing at me..I signed, he left. It was then I noticed the box was upside down and burst.

When I unpacked everything a frame was shattered and the machine had a large dent...on set up it doesn't work..al blinking and flashing but no output.

My problem is when I contacted the couriers later that day they directed me to the small print on their web site and said "sorry but that comes under restricted items sent at owners own risk" at no time during booking, payment, subsequent emailed confirmation and a phone call was I reminded to look at this section or offered additional cover ( though I suspect it still wouldn't have been covered ) they also say by signing with the delivery guy " I was accepting the goods were in good condition" there is no way this guy would have stood while I set up and tested this thing it took over half an hour!
The email read "sorry your not happy but its nothing to do with us your not covered"

They say as a good will token they will refund me £20 delivery costs....I'm down £255 with potential expensive repair costs, I'm so bloody angry.
I've threatened legal action but I think I know its no use and their web site is designed in such a way they will never be liable for anything although I'm sure they must have some duty of care type liability...
Sorry for the rant, but I'm also annoyed I deliberately chose the local company thinking it was to be more reliable than a big courier...how wrong was I. :-(

Same
For me with parcel force, although the item did work the box was ripped and battered, taken to a post office out of the way so I demanded re delivery, they wanted £1 and although its only a token amount which I would have paid if left at my local post office I refused to pay. They re delivered it free in the end, I probably annoyed them so much by calling the same office constantly (about 3 times a day) xoxo

Latest posts

Back