I've just quit my job!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilylou21

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to this site and this is my first thread. Ive just arranged to start renting a room in the back of a hairdressers and have just quit my day job! (was very scary)
Beauty Therapy is my biggest passion and have been working mobile evenings and weekends whilst doing my office job during the day. After being in hospital recently I realised life is too short to be doing something I don't enjoy.

Just wanted some advice really from other geeks that have started full time on their own. I will be offering, waxing, manicures, pedicures, facials, massage, spray tanning and tinting, im also looking to further my training in nail enhancements as I dont feel I'm up to scratch but do you think it is worth it or do you think i should concentrate on the other treatments?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thank-you:)

Lily

I think you should do training for nail enhancments hun....the more treatments you have,the better for your business....good luck with it all xxx

I think you should do training for nail enhancments hun....the more treatments you have,the better for your business....good luck with it all xxx

yep....what she said :green:

Defo i am in the same boat and rent within a hairdressers and nails enhancements are the biggest amount of my income!!!!!!

i rent a room 2. could anyone recommend a nail training course and where? i live in the county durham area but i am willing to travel x

Thank-you for your replies. definately going to further my nail training. Sorry Lisa Im not sure about places up north (my flatmate said it was north, sorry if its not). Does anyone have any advice on a facial range as I wanted to do dermalogica but after speaking to a rep I feel it might be too much to spend

Thank-you much

Thank-you for your replies. definately going to further my nail training. Sorry Lisa Im not sure about places up north (my flatmate said it was north, sorry if its not). Does anyone have any advice on a facial range as I wanted to do dermalogica but after speaking to a rep I feel it might be too much to spend

Thank-you much

Dermalogica are excellent ~ they sell themselves and you get results (I'm not a Dermalogica rep, just love the products!) I know it seems expensive to start but believe me, it's well worth it! xx

Dermalogica are excellent ~ they sell themselves and you get results (I'm not a Dermalogica rep, just love the products!) I know it seems expensive to start but believe me, it's well worth it! xx

lol u sure ur not a rep, only jokin, i know i love dermalogica and have used them in salons before. Its just a little bit scary. I know your right though clients love it x

Hi Lily and welcome to full time employment in this wonderfull buisness:hug:

You have done the right thing and bet you will just move forward and wonder why you didnt do it before :)

You will no doubt find a wealth of help from all the Geeks from this site.
Good luck with your new venture:hug:

Thank-you Collin! xx

Just want to wish you luck hope it all goes well :lol:

Latest posts

Back