Jane Iredale help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megdav87

Reaction score
We recently introduced Jane iredale make up to our salon and myself and boss did the training a few months back.
In the training we were advised to use 'absence' as a primer then especially with bridal...use the liquid foundation or tinted moisturiser then finish with the loose or pressed powder. To give maximum coverage.
I love the powders but I must say....I think the liquids are letting me down and spoiling my end result. I have found them bitty and difficult to blend. They also seem so heavy and greasy. I did some bridesmaids on a hot day and I really felt it wasnt going to last. Both brides have opted to use a bit of there own foundation under the powder following their trials.
I am new to minerals and am wondering if this is just how it is with them and should I just stick to layering the powders rather than using the liquid too.
After any advise as I'm new to this brand!
Thank you!

We just use the powders. Not all skins will suit the liquid minerals underneath. Go with your gut on what's going to suit. We don't really sell any of the liquid minerals as get a better result with powder :)

Thank you! I think I'm going to follow my gut and use just the powders and layer them for more coverage. :)

Read your comments with interest. I have been using JI for years, and bought the liquids, display, everything, and don't like them at all!!! I only now use absence, concealer, then a pure pressed. I will sometimes go over with the matt powder. I think the products are superb, but sometimes, less is definitely more! Hope that helps!

I have just trained at college using the products and I am glad to see I was not going mad. I kept finding that the liquid minerals had bits in it that would not break down with finger tip warmth or a brush it would not apply evenly and the tinted moisturiser was so heavy and greasy I just couldnt get that tinted moisturiser barely there natural look at all. It really knocked my confidence actually prior to this part of my NVQ I loved make up. My tutor said she has used the liquid foundation for years and it is great... when I explained the issues we were all having in class she said that she had never experienced any bits or uneven texture. It wasn't just one pump bottle it was all of the them so who knows. All the clients I used it on for assessments hated the look they got it was terrible. I would not use them again. I have been completly put off the make up side of things now and don't think I will be offering the service at all when I set up. Have any of you used bare minerals are they any good? I hope you get it sorted and best of luck x

Thankyou so much...I feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one who is not a fan of the liquid minerals and tinted moisturiser!
Iv decided I'm going to follow my gut and use the pressed and loose powders on top of absence and concealers. I wish I'd done this from the start now!

Latest posts

Back