Job help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachelLynch

Reaction score
Im looking for a little bit of advice.
I have been working within a salon for the last 2 and a half years employed, whilst i have been here i have built up quite a large client base.
Now the problem i am having is my boss.
She has been funny with me for the last year/year and half its now getting to the point that when im getting home im so upset all i want to do is cry.

She always rams my collum so full that im constantly double booked she sometimes even puts me up to 4 people in at a time which is making my clients unhappy because they have booked an appointment and are either waiting quite a while for me or i am in between clients which isn't right in my eyes, my clients are constantly complaining but she just doesn't get the hint, i have also tried talking to her but nothing changed i literally do not have enough hands for what she is expecting me to do.
Clients have started contacting me through facebook or asking for me on the telephone which i feel bad because its not my business.

She doesn't speak to me very nice, she is quite short with me and is always looking at me funny, she is constantly telling me what to do which i dont mind but obv asking me to sweep the floor whilst im doing a full set of acrylic nails is impossible and unprofessional

Her husband is another big problem he comes in to the shop banging about and he always starts an argument when he is in there and he just stands around which makes clients feel uncomfortable.
He always says things to me on the sly which make me uncomfortable for example we got new uniforms and he looked at me and went im just checking you out in that tight dress or your looking good, i carnt get over how attractive you are and when walks past me he slides his hand across my bum

3 weeks ago we did a hen party and i did 22 sets of shellac nails, 1 back neck and shoulder massage (30 mins) and 12 sets of individual flare eyelashes i was given 2-6 to do it in which obv i ran over until 8pm
i was told i would get £40 cash in hand on the day and she hasnt paid me and she to this date she hasnt paid me

I really dont know what to do, any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank you xx

Omg just leave! That's terrible! Next time that fella comes near you and touches you or says something inappropriate slap him right across the chops in front if his missus! Cheeky sod! I definatley think u need out, the next place you go to work let them know you can do so much work in one day & they'll snap you up in an instant, I'm not suggesting you do this but I would in that situation pilfer a bunch of clients off them and walk out with 2 fingers stuck in the air! ;)

I agree. Leave. It isn't a healthy work environment and it isn't fair to be in that situation. Either find a new salon or go it alone.

Good luck. Xx

Just leave... ridiculous x

Are you part of a union? If not join one and they can assist you. They can't get away with treating staff like that.

Ive have applied for another job but its only on a part time basis, so i have decided to take it for now to get me out of there.
I have decided im also going to do mobile on the side as well.
I have built up a client base in the shop which obv im aware belong to the shop but were would i stand if people decided to follow me?

Thank you x

22 set's of Shellac, 12 set's of eyelash 'fit and flare' applications, AND a back neck and shoulder massage :eek::eek::eek:
.........is that even possible.
£40.00.....you cannot be serious... :D

With regard to the clients...you can't legally poach them of course.

However
1) obviously they are finding you via Facebook already.
2) Perhaps your new employer could advertise their new therapist with a nice photo in the the local paper? I've seen this technique used by hairdressers, their previous clients can seek them out that way, then you are not seen to "poach".

I would not blame you if you let a few of the clients who are loyal to you (the ones who phone and ask to speak to you in the salon) know your personal mobile number - they're friends, right ;-)

Latest posts

Back