Johnson's Baby Shampoo as a colour remover?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilmissmandy199

Reaction score
Hey so I'm tryin to grow my colour out and go back to being natural but I don't really want to use strippers and I'm gettin a bit inpatient and want to speed up the process and I've read that johnsons baby shampoo is really good at removing hair colour but just wanted some more advice on how long it would take (I've coloured my hair red for nearly 1year) would love some help please thanks in advance xx

Hey so I'm tryin to grow my colour out and go back to being natural but I don't really want to use strippers and I'm gettin a bit inpatient and want to speed up the process and I've read that johnsons baby shampoo is really good at removing hair colour but just wanted some more advice on how long it would take (I've coloured my hair red for nearly 1year) would love some help please thanks in advance xx

You should probably no most certainly go to the Hair dresser. I can't see baby shampoo removing colour! Its too gentle. Washing up liquid perhaps. X

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

Baby shampoo does help a semi fade because of the ph level but not sure about permanent Hun xx

I've seen it on here, but I usually say washing up liquid and then a conditioning treatment, but you may end up with a odd colour. Personally I'd say go to a professional for it done xoxo

Hi Hun,

I'm currently doing Level 3 at college and as far as I am aware shampoo's that are good for fading colour are:

Head and shoulders
Vosene
Any other medicated shampoo.

A couple of years ago I was red for several months and used the kids vosene head lice repellant shampoo to fade it before going all over with a base 6.

Hope that helps xxx

You should probably no most certainly go to the Hair dresser. I can't see baby shampoo removing colour! Its too gentle. Washing up liquid perhaps. X

Too gentle ya kidding me right?? It's got anesthetic in to numb the eye balls, hence why it's called no more tears!!

Too gentle ya kidding me right?? It's got anesthetic in to numb the eye balls, hence why it's called no more tears!!

Ooooh now that I didn't know! I always wondered how it worked lol x

Learnt that years ago when a salon I worked in stocked MOP and we had a training course, also aveda Is only a certain percentage organic :) not fully!! think it's about 40% something! X

Baby shampoo does indeed strip colour. It also swells the hair the same amount as a perm! (the colour molecules drop out as a result), so it will wreck your hair and scalp if used on a regular basis.
With an alkaline ph, it is one of the strongest shampoos on the market. Cradle cap anyone????

Baby shampoo does indeed strip colour. It also swells the hair the same amount as a perm! (the colour molecules drop out as a result), so it will wreck your hair and scalp if used on a regular basis.
With an alkaline ph, it is one of the strongest shampoos on the market. Cradle cap anyone????

Talking of perms!! I had a client in today who had bleached white hair, then premed it then coloured it and she only wanted a trim!!!! All of this was done by her mother! Who also told her to use a "gentle" shampoo like baby shampoo haha I cut it from her shoulder now its like Frankie :) looks erm better!! Still screwed!! X

So right! I never use baby shampoo on my little ones cradle cap after a couple of washes its horrible stuff! x

Lol lol x

Did you know you can perm with baby shampoo? We did it once in one of our "experiments".

Did you know you can perm with baby shampoo? We did it once in one of our "experiments".

:o shocking stuff!!

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

Mmm interesting.

Wont be using baby shampoo again.

Omg I didn't know this either! Mind u it must depend on the individual cause I use it all the time and even on my hair extensions when they are in! My hairs always shiny! Never fades my colour! I'm a natural base 3/4 and I put semi on and it lasts for ages.!

It has a ph of 8, why would anyone use that?

Latest posts

Back