Johnson's Baby Shampoo as a colour remover?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone is interested the ph scale is logarithmic which basically means that when you go up one number it gets 10 times more alkaline, so ph 8 is ten times more alkaline than ph 7, 100 times more alkaline than ph 6 and 1000 times more alkaline than ph 5.

That would make Johnsons baby shampoo around 1000 times more alkaline than hair!

For those of you interested in testing different products get yourself some litmus paper online and put the product on it that you want to test. The results may SUPRISE you. Would be interesting to test baby shampoo and see if the ph has changed over the years xx

Sorry to hijack thread but can anyone recommend a baby shampoo that IS gentle ?

When I had my baby I was swamped with Johnsons products but I knew the baby skin products had a bad reputation and I had also heard of the shampoo stripping colour so I gave all of it away and tried to just use Organic products. A few months ago I found a sample size bottle of the shampoo and used it on my son as I had used up all his normal stuff.
A couple of weeks after I started using it he started to get terrible exezma all over his shoulders and top of his neck. I didn't make the connection until I took him to the doctors and they told me it was probably because I was using Johnsons shampoo on him ! :eek:

I have just been using my shampoo on him since then but I want to get him something just for him as I use Tigi dumb blonde so not ideal !
burts bees do a lovely shampoo for little ones it was the only thing that got rid of my little ones cradle cap it smells divine too.x

Baby don't cry by Paul Mitchel x

Pear shampoo by MOP its amazing!

Oh dear, when my son was born I always bathed him in johnsons as I thought that was best.

He had really bad dry skin for a while and was put on hydrocortisone and excema cream.I stopped using johnsons in favour of a liquid to put in the bath and a soap wash designed for dry skin and it stopped.

I wonder if that was the problem as he has very sensitive skin.

My daughter also now 3 still has cradle cap!! Can't budge it and have been using cradle cap shampoo and baby shampoo so will stop using that and find something gentler for her.

Didn't realise it would be as harsh.Oh and I dont know why it's called no more tears,get it in your eyes and it's a killer lol. X

My son is 12 and still has Cradle Cap/Seborrheic Dermatitis which is treated with medicated shampoo on prescription.

I would take your daughter to the doctors and see what they would recommend otherwise it just won't budge and we also had a period where he was suffering from hair loss.

I've tried various treatments, even Neem Oil and it has helped although it's not cleared up completely.

My three year old had really bad cradle cap. I massaged olive oil into it and the next morning the majority of it washed away ;)

Was replying to a post! It's not aimed at you.

I was just wondering what you were o.m.g Inge at xxxx

Wow, i am so shocked.
Theres me thinking Jonhsons was the best for babes!



Was actually talking to a client about this today, and I thought of you Persianista, when I was telling her you can perm with baby shampoo. Never fails to shock people :lol:
Ive just ordered to litmus paper strips for £2.59 so I can really educate my clients about pH levels and how we should pay more attention to them.
I love Joico because all their products have the pH level on the botlle......Im a pH freak :eek:
xx

Was actually talking to a client about this today, and I thought of you Persianista, when I was telling her you can perm with baby shampoo. Never fails to shock people :lol:
Ive just ordered to litmus paper strips for £2.59 so I can really educate my clients about pH levels and how we should pay more attention to them.
I love Joico because all their products have the pH level on the botlle......Im a pH freak :eek:
xx

Where dod you order from x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

xx

I understand the ph level is close to a perm, but how can the shampoo break the bonds down to be reshaped? Xoxo

I was wondering this too. It's the hydrogen in a perm solution that breaks down the disulphide bonds. Also persianista do you use a neutraliser after the baby shampoo?im just thinking that The disulphide bonds would have to be set into place by the oxygen that a neutraliser releases to remove the hydrogen. It's all interesting stuff xx

God i can not get over this but my girl always gets my proffesional products :) im teaching her from a young age to look after her hair x

You can get litmus strips from any pharmacy x

Oh can you so like your local pharmacy? And then what ever you want to test you put it on the strip and it shows you the ph levels x

Latest posts

Back