Just for fun

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixie P

Reaction score
Hi,

Whilst doing my taster course in Health & beauty I really got 'into' manicures & nail art, I've since been and bought a few polish colours, acrylic paints & brushes for nail art. I have done french manicure with nail art on a few friends, one I tried with rhinestones..the thing is they fell off shortly after why! what am I doing wrong? is there a glue to use with them?? if so I've not been told about it lol!!!

Please dont shout at me I know i'm not a proffesional I tell them, but its just for fun to give me summat to pass the day lol!

I'm hoping to start Health & Beauty NVQ2 in september, then hopefully go onto do a nail course

Thanks Katy xx xx

Dab the rhinestone into a little nail glue and stick it to the nail then topcoat.
HTHs x

Have you tried putting the rhinestones on whilst the top coat is still quite tacky? This is what I do and they stay put for ages.

Have you tried putting the rhinestones on whilst the top coat is still quite tacky? This is what I do and they stay put for ages.

This is how I did them!

Dab the rhinestone into a little nail glue and stick it to the nail then topcoat.
HTHs x

I will try this though.

Thanks for the tips guys your great
Katyxx xx

I glue them on then top coat only thing i find sometimes is the glue can dull them a little bit.
hth

its best to put onto wet topcoat and sel around the edges with top coat again, once you get the hang of it all it will come naturally x x

I've been and bought some brush on nail glue today to see if that helps any. I have previously done it with the tacky topcoat but to no avail!!! never mind I shall go onwards and upwards and keep trying lol!

I've been and bought some brush on nail glue today to see if that helps any. I have previously done it with the tacky topcoat but to no avail!!! never mind I shall go onwards and upwards and keep trying lol!

Pixie ... everyone puts diamontés on in wet top coat and then seals as described above. I'm sure you can crack doing it this way as it is so simple and quick and they never fall off. I've never seen a pro in the salon use nail adhesive, it would be far too fiddly and take far too long.

Last edited:
Pixie ... everyone puts diamontés on in wet top coat and then seals as described above. I'm sure you can crack doing it this way as it is so simple and quick and they never fall off. I've never seen a pro in the salon use nail adhesive, it would be far to fiddly and take far too long.

I shall go back and try again with the tacky topcoat b4 trying the glue then.
It's not as if i'm using a cheap topcoat either...i'm using the beauty secrets hardener, high gloss topcoat one from sallys!!:confused:

I'm going to a 30th birthday tomorrow night so will have a play tomorrow morning:lol:

Thanks guys xx:hug:

I shall go back and try again with the tacky topcoat b4 trying the glue then.
It's not as if i'm using a cheap topcoat either...i'm using the beauty secrets hardener, high gloss topcoat one from sallys!!:confused:

I'm going to a 30th birthday tomorrow night so will have a play tomorrow morning:lol:

Thanks guys xx:hug:

NOT tacky ... WET.

Apply the top coat and immediately place your stones. Next finger ... the same. Finger by finger if you are doing all ten. Just place them gently in the wet top coat and then when dry, coat again. Trust me they will not fall off.

I have seen many nail technicians adhere rhinestones to nails with nail glue in salons.

Thanks Geeg xx xx

Latest posts

Back