Just had a Facial

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fifi La Fume

Reaction score
Just had a facial in the new salon in my village, and it made me realise how wonderful facials are, sometimes you forget how good it is to be on the receiving end.

I think a lot has to do with the therapists intention and attention, and not so much the products, I'm not saying products don't matter, but they only make up part of the experience.

It was 1 hr 15 minutes of bliss :)

As therapists we should "indulge"...or i rather see it as a nessesity,especialy waxing,as ive NEVER shaved!

You should have regular treatments francesXXX...recieving just reminds you how good we are as therapists would you not agree??:hug:

Just had a facial in the new salon in my village, and it made me realise how wonderful facials are, sometimes you forget how good it is to be on the receiving end.

I think a lot has to do with the therapists intention and attention, and not so much the products, I'm not saying products don't matter, but they only make up part of the experience.

I agree with you,some therapists either have the touch or they dont.:green:

As therapists we should "indulge"...or i rather see it as a nessesity,especialy waxing,as ive NEVER shaved!

You should have regular treatments francesXXX...recieving just reminds you how good we are as therapists would you not agree??:hug:

It's my late new years promise to myself, a treatment a week, next week a mani and pedi. On saturday I had a back massage.

As I am going away on Sunday, I will be treating myself this weekend to a pedicure. Must book it - yikes don't you hate people like me who wait until the last minute to book and then are surprised when there are no appointments left!!

I know how I feel when people ring and want to book at the last minute -:irked:

Oh, I really really want a facial but don't know a therapist personally...... Shall I just look in the YP and take a flyer?? Trouble is I know too much now -what I mean is that not all therapists are as caring and diligent as I know most of you are.......:hug:

Ho hum, what a dilemma!!

i had a facial it was lovely my skin glowed for days and the therapist gave me a few freebies and advice it was amazing

As a therapist its nice and good having reatments,but do you tell the therapist YOU are a therapist....ive only had treatments at health spas in France so i know ill never see the therapist again...well maybe but its rare.

I should treat myself to a treatment as i work 24 7 here at the salon.

The one good thing i suppose is my husband gives me back massages as he s a therapist too....but i LOVE facials!!

Im just scared that if the therapist whos giving the treatment isnt up to my standard i would tend to come away not feeling satisfied....hell who am i to judge!!!:rolleyes:

I usually tell them I am a therapist,this isn't because I want to make anyone nervous but because I want them to know that I dont want to hear step by step what they are doing and what products they are using.

I use Darphin which is what we use in the salon and I am more than happy with them(also use a couple of Eve Taylor bits)

I never used to say anything about what I did for a living but after having facials ruined by the therapist giving me a load of speel I decided to nip it in the bud from the offset.After all if I am interested my attitude is I will ask,hate it when they do the hard sell at the end of a facial as well.

I enjoy taking note of some of their movements and little touches.Although I have been in the job for years now there is always more to learn and tips to pick up.Learnt a fab move from my Osteo and always finish my facials off with it.Clients love it.:green:

I had a treat yesterday since it was my birthday, hot stone massage, it was sheer bliss, I now want to train in this

I agree with this completely, i recently had a guinot facial at a health spa and although the products are lovely, the therapist wasn't very good so i didn't enjoy it as much as i could have.

My last facial wa a Decleor one and it was bliss. The only complaint was again that the therapist talked too much!

Is this a common thing? Does that mean that you all make an effort to talk as little as possible during the treatment or is it depending on how well you know the client?

My last facial wa a Decleor one and it was bliss. The only complaint was again that the therapist talked too much!

Is this a common thing? Does that mean that you all make an effort to talk as little as possible during the treatment or is it depending on how well you know the client?
I dont talk at all during my facial,other than at the beginning when we may discuss any worries client may have about their skin.Usually as I'm cleansing,toning,exfoliating I will be asked questions,which of course I answer.

Once we get onto applying any creams,oils etc I am totally quiet,I want my client to fully relax,usually they will fall asleep.

I had a therapist who talked about her ironing pile and housework each time I went to see her,after the 2nd visit enough was enough and I never went back.

I find it off putting myself so wouldn't do it to others,Talk before or after not during.:green:

I find it off putting myself so wouldn't do it to others,Talk before or after not during.:green:

Yup - I think I agree! :)

I dont talk at all during my facial,other than at the beginning when we may discuss any worries client may have about their skin.Usually as I'm cleansing,toning,exfoliating I will be asked questions,which of course I answer.

Once we get onto applying any creams,oils etc I am totally quiet,I want my client to fully relax,usually they will fall asleep.

I had a therapist who talked about her ironing pile and housework each time I went to see her,after the 2nd visit enough was enough and I never went back.

i agree, other than talking about the clients skin i make no other conversation with the client unless they instigate it. By the time i do massage they have usually shut up though!!:)

It depends on talking in facials....i only talk in a facial at the beginning when im in consultation,and afterwards when im prescribing the home care...as my salon is spa like decor,i would not talk in a facial...its a shame your therapist was talking,especially during a Decleor facial:cry: :irked:

I usually tell them I am a therapist,this isn't because I want to make anyone nervous but because I want them to know that I dont want to hear step by step what they are doing and what products they are using.

I use Darphin which is what we use in the salon and I am more than happy with them(also use a couple of Eve Taylor bits)

I never used to say anything about what I did for a living but after having facials ruined by the therapist giving me a load of speel I decided to nip it in the bud from the offset.After all if I am interested my attitude is I will ask,hate it when they do the hard sell at the end of a facial as well.

I enjoy taking note of some of their movements and little touches.Although I have been in the job for years now there is always more to learn and tips to pick up.Learnt a fab move from my Osteo and always finish my facials off with it.Clients love it.:green:

I always tell them to apart from once & it turned out to be worst facial ever, she spent over an hour telling me what i should/shouldn't be using :mad:

Also I went for a Decleor facial at a local spa & told the therapist that I was Decleor trained & she looked a bit miffed to be honest, realised why when started treatment.

She started doing the back massage (which is included in all Decleor Facials) and was doing a completley random routine, nothing like the one that Decleor teach !! I was gobsmacked as it cost me £50 :eek: :eek:

I always tell them to apart from once & it turned out to be worst facial ever, she spent over an hour telling me what i should/shouldn't be using :mad:

Also I went for a Decleor facial at a local spa & told the therapist that I was Decleor trained & she looked a bit miffed to be honest, realised why when started treatment.

She started doing the back massage (which is included in all Decleor Facials) and was doing a completley random routine, nothing like the one that Decleor teach !! I was gobsmacked as it cost me £50 :eek: :eek:

Decleor do a back massage with thier facials? Thats a really nice idea, we are giving away free back massages with all facials at the moment as our monthly promotion.

Decleor do a back massage with thier facials? Thats a really nice idea, we are giving away free back massages with all facials at the moment as our monthly promotion.

They do - it's a really lovely start to the treatment. I think in all it lasts 1hr 15mins.

There are a few companies that include a back massage before the facial (usually bout 10 mins), such as phytomer, decleor. i include a massage before my facials, as a mobile therapist. its a lovely start to teh treatment and helps set you apart from competition.:)

Latest posts

Back