Just had a Facial

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoy taking note of some of their movements and little touches.Although I have been in the job for years now there is always more to learn and tips to pick up.Learnt a fab move from my Osteo and always finish my facials off with it.Clients love it.:green:

I do this as well, I'm dying to know the move you have to finish off your facials.

When i had my back massage on saturday the therapist did what I can only describe as a chinese burn movement, from the base of my spine to shoulders, but the heat was amazing, so I've been pratcising that this week and will start using it in my back massages in the next few weeks.

That sounds a bit scary francesXXX! Can you explain a bit more so i don't try it and end up doing someone a mischief!?

You just use the palm of your hands, the back is already oiled and you rub your hands back and forth fast to create heat and move up the back - it sounds weird, but it feels amazing, then stretch out the back at the end of the move.

Decleor do a back massage with thier facials? Thats a really nice idea, we are giving away free back massages with all facials at the moment as our monthly promotion.

Yes they do it is called a back diagnostic & takes approx 7 - 8 mins & is included in the 1hr & 1hr 15 mins facial. Its lovely :green:

When i was at a health spa in France we did the back diagnostic in all Decleor tretments.
Its meant to aid in lymph drainage and shows the therapist what is happening in the body to reflect the outer part.Its meant to be similar to reflexolgy...how i dont know as im not reflex trained.
I do know therapists out there that dont do the movements to the massage sequence taught,why i dont know.....god i really could do with a skincare treatment now,a good damn aromaplastie facial would do me the world of good!:)

All these extra treatments with the facial sound lovely. Wouldn't it be nice for us skin geeks to meet up and for those who do little extras to do a little demo.

It would also be good to see each others massage routines.

Anyone up for it?

All these extra treatments with the facial sound lovely. Wouldn't it be nice for us skin geeks to meet up and for those who do little extras to do a little demo.

It would also be good to see each others massage routines.

Anyone up for it?

Sounds a good idea to me!

I would love to have a fab facial, I had one once, and it was the most terrible time! I was in there for 1 hour and all the therapist talked about was her holiday, her tan lines, and the fact that she was drunk every night. As she was talking she was being quite rough so I had to ask her to be more gentle!:irked:

Sarah (sassy Hassy) has been visiting me here in Spain and the other day she treated me to a Nimue facial outside by the pool .... it was wonderful and my skin felt amazingly smooth and moisturised afterwards. It was a lovely treat! Thanks Sass.

I'm always split between telling people that i know what they should be doing. I don't like to do it just in case they feel intimidated. When i was working as a receptionist one of the clients told me she was a therapist so i put it on her notes and one of the girls gave me a right telling off asking me what i thought i was doing and was i trying to scare her...

I went for a facial just before xmas and it was atrocious. The therapist didn't even know my name let alone anything else. No record card, no aftercare, she didn't look at my skin as the light was so dim there was no way she could see it.
It was the most uncomfortable 75 minutes of my life, and the biggest waste of £65. I have had an identical facial at a different salon, and it was supposed to be amazing!

how nice for you

i myself need to indulge in having treatments more often

i am in need of some serious pampering

hey i love facials to put i love having advance facials galvanic facial is the best it made my skin so clean much better than a normal facial and it was really realxing to i loved it xxx

Latest posts

Back