Just leaving college :) x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyQueen91

Reaction score
Hiya salon geeks :) In about 8 weeks, i will finally be leaving college after two long hard years of studying a btec national diploma in beauty science (level 3) with expected grades of MDD. :green: i can not wait! Anyways, i really need some advice on what to do after college? In the long term, i have to main goals:
  1. Set up my own buisness
  2. Work on a counter such as MAC, chanel etc.
I just really need a little bit of advice on what qualifications i need to work on counters such as chanel, and the counters you see in boots etc? as these are the types of jobs i am wanting to apply for after college.

Any help would be good, thanks,

beautyqueen91.xox

www.beautyjobsonline.com is a good website.There was a job a week or so ago for therapists to work for Clarins.It actually said they would take people just out of college.It may still be on there somewhere.

usually you dont need any qualifications to work on a make up counter! xx

usually you dont need any qualifications to work on a make up counter! xx

Some counters like our local Clarins in john Lewis have beauty rooms attatched where you can have clarins facials,body treatments,make up etc.The therapists also retail , sell and demonstrate on the clarins counter so some of them do need a beauty qualification.
Im not sure how many other companies work this way.

Some counters like our local Clarins in john Lewis have beauty rooms attatched where you can have clarins facials,body treatments,make up etc.The therapists also retail , sell and demonstrate on the clarins counter so some of them do need a beauty qualification.
Im not sure how many other companies work this way.

I had a pre-natal treatment package with clarins when i was pregnant with my daughter and it was fab!!!! I love clarins! This was in our debenhams store. Pop into some stores where they do this service and ask about. Or maybe visit the website. Some of them offer training with the job. HTH xx

I have worked on Dior and lauder counters and you dont have to have qualifications for either, some make counters like u to have make up based training hope this helps any questions just let me no ill help all i can :)

Oooh I'm finishing my NVQ 2 in Beauty in a few weeks too, can't bloody wait!

You don't usually need qualifications to work on a beauty counter, I've got to the interview stages before without any beauty qualifications (although obviously they will help). Try www.esteelauder.com they seem to do recruitment for the likes of MAC, Clinique, Origins, Prescriptives etc. At the minute I'm trying to work out how you get to work for Dior but I've resigned myself to the fact I'm going to have to go to a Dior counter and ask for the BDMs number.

Good luck and congrats on finishing college :green:

hiya,
I worked for Clarins whilst studying for my Level 3 Spa, I didnt need it as I was working on the counter but the therapists in the skin spas need a level 3 massage qual.. I also went to London for 5 days to do their training course:)
Hths

Latest posts

Back