Just qualifying-what to do next?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marilyn Monroe

Reaction score
I am a few cuts away from completing my level 2. I am a beauty therapist of 12 years & have been doing wedding hair up in this time, I'm very confident in my beauty work but hair is so different I am petrified. I have been guided by a hairdresser in my salon along side college bringing clients in.

How do I go from a trainee to a junior without guidance in the salon. I just panic and don't know the way forward to becoming a competent and confident hairdresser.

Have qualified now, anyone got any advice

I'd recommend you progress onto level 3.

Have qualified now, anyone got any advice

Ask your salon to book you with clients that may perhaps push you out of your comfort zone, but ensure you state that you will need help and assurance, although I'm sure they will be watching anyway. It's the best way. I wouldn't recommend going straight into level 3 if you're not already confident. Being on the salon floor is the best way. Wish I had done that.

Work closely and watch the hair stylists, ask them questions on what they are doing. Keep practising aswell :)

is it cutting or colouring your scared of? or both?

Latest posts

Back