Keep getting colds!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babychops

Reaction score
Being a mobile hairdresser and going into people's houses I'm finding iv got a constant cold! Iv always got clients that say "iv got a terrible cold" (cheers for getting me round!) Does anyone else get this? I'm gonna get the flu jab!

Colds are horrible, aren't they? x

'Flu is a different and much worse kettle of fish; don't blame you for having the jab, I'm toying with it.

Boost your immune system with fruit/veg and a multi-vit with vit c and zinc.

Are you getting colds or is it allergy. Lots of people mistake allergies for colds. Take antihistamine one night and see if you manage better the next day. If you don't your right its a cold if you do then the puzzle begins to what causes your allergy! X

I thought it was allergies and took antihistamines but they didn't do anything, it's defiantly colds because as soon as a client says they have one a few days later I get a cold! Does anyone know if the flu jab helps the symptoms of a cold? I know it's to stop a cold developing into flu but does it help stop colds? X

I have heard that when people get the flu jab sometimes they end up getting more sick! As it is injecting the virus into your system.

I wanted to get it myself but this turned me off a bit! Really annoys me when people say they are "dying with the flu" when its just the sniffles, there is a big big difference! Sorry to be a bit of a negative nancy here, just something I heard & even still I am thinking about getting it!

Yeah I heard that, it can give you side effects such as aches an pains and a cold after you've had the injection but not everyone will get that, I think I'll still get it though as a flu would last for ages. A lot of people say "I have the flu" and I think if you really had flu you wouldn't be able to get out of bed! X

Your immune system must be low. I'm not a dr but I'm don't think the flu jab is for colds. Do as dandionpoppy says and boost your immune system. Good old olbas oil on a tissue on your pillow all night gives you a good start in a morning. X

Yes that's what I thought, my immune system must be low so I am going to buy multi vitamins and eat more oranges! Lol x

I use to get a cold every christmas, i would work my butt off, clients would come in full of cold because they didn't want to miss their appointment and come christmas eve i was full of it! So last year i started taking vitamin C and zinc tablets every day from oct-dec and last year was the first year i was cold free!!! I also took echinacea tablets from superdrug if i felt run down or a cold coming on & i managed to keep it off, i have already started taking them for this year

The 'flu and a cold are vastly different.
Colds are still vile.

There are only so many variants on the cold though, but if you are really unlucky you might get all in one season.

I've had the flu jab and I didn't get any side effects apart from an achy arm. I don't think it stops you getting a cold or relieving its symptoms , I don't think it stops you getting the flu either, I think it just helps you by boosting your immune so your flu (if you got it) isn't as bad. That's just my opinion on it :) x

Vicks First Defence up the nose

Chloraseptic squirted down the throat

And of course wash hands after contact but you would anyway.

I do this every time I have clients who have a cold and so far so good.....and about a tenner for both. :p

ooh edit to add: strepsils are antiseptic so i suck a couple after a coldy client

Try taking a tonic everyday and berocca

I've my first cold of the year :)
I'm dripping like a leaky tap, sneezing, itchy ears and throat and brain fart..
My middle daughter has flu, she's been unable to move for two days, every fibre in her hurts, she's got the sweats and chills and is only drinking fluids.
My granddaughter is just getting over croup.

This time of year is always going to be rife, the temps outside are up and down, most folk have had heating on for weeks and its becoming a fab breeding grounds for viruses and airborne bugs.

I watched a fab programme about how the temp change increases viruses/bugs.. They are able to live airborne or on surfaces for far far longer in the colder weather as the air particles are heavier so everything just 'hangs around'
You could walk into a viral/germ plume over 5mins after an infected person sneezed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's so annoying! I can't keep having time off for a cold but clients don't like it when you turn up full of it! Although they don't mind you coming round when they've got it! X

Add some ginger, cayenne pepper and garlic to anything you can as these can also boost your immune system and help fight a cold, a hearty pot of soup or stew can do wonders

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Barocca or similar and on the first signs try have a sauna/steam or just the towel over your head thing can help lessen the cold.

See now I think iv got allergies! Every morning when I get up I sneeze about 10 times in a row! Then I'm fine, sometimes it comes back and the goes away, how do I find out what it is that's causing it? X

See now I think iv got allergies! Every morning when I get up I sneeze about 10 times in a row! Then I'm fine, sometimes it comes back and the goes away, how do I find out what it is that's causing it? X

Does sound like it.If you go to your gp they can give you a steroid spray for your nose which can help.You need to have a blood test to tell for definately.My son is severely allergic to dust mites so often comes across as having a bad cold.He has anti allergy bedding and laminate floor and a blind instead of curtains now in his bedroom which has helped quite a bit.

Latest posts

Back