Kerastraight

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bexster

Reaction score
just a quickie

what does everyone think of the new kerastraight treatments..??

im not so happy with the results lately since the formula changed..
ive found its not as smooth n straight
i had it in mine and it went a bit dry after :(

i know its not supposed to straighten, but the old one did, and it felt amazing.... all my clients loved it, but now not s much..

the thing that really sold this product was that it did smooth n straighten the hair.. not poker but noticeably enough..

now i just think its a very over priced conditioning treatment, and im not so sure it is even doing the hair any favors long term..

id like to know your experiences with the new formula and if you have changed brands since the change ?

thx xxx

just a quickie

i know its not supposed to straighten, but the old one did, and it felt amazing.... all my clients loved it, but now not s much..

the thing that really sold this product was that it did smooth n straighten the hair.. not poker but noticeably enough..

now i just think its a very over priced conditioning treatment, and im not so sure it is even doing the hair any favors long term..

id like to know your experiences with the new formula and if you have changed brands since the change ?

thx xxx

Hello

I am not a hair professional but have had several Kerastraight treatments myself in my local salon. The first 2 treatments were fantastic, then they changed the formula and said it could be washed off in the same appointment - didn't work for me, so my salon re-did it for me and I chose not to have it washed off that day, but did it myself 2 days later, and it worked :D

I understand that the change in formula was to remove something which shouldn't have been in it (don't want to quote what I was told as I don't want to cause a problem), and that is why it is not as good as it was.

My salon have stopped performing this treatment as they were having to re-do too many, but I have continued to use the shampoo and conditioner. My hair is better than it was pre-Kerastraight but not as good as it was after my first two treatments.

Hope my salon find something else soon...

just a quickie

thx xxx

Its the lack for Formaldehyde in the keratin products now that mean its not straghtening as much or smoothing, however i have heard many bad things about kerastraight so try looking for another brand, such as global keratin, nanokeratin system, keratin smooth or my preference, keratin revolution, and see if you have any improvement there :)

We used the old formula, so when our supplier ran out of our current brand, I thought give them a try with the same day kera straight. Unfortunately we didnt get on with it and as well as asking for a full refund, I had to redo 6 out of the 10 custromers. Have to say kerastraight were fantastic and really tried to help but it just wasn't the same.

Its the lack for Formaldehyde in the keratin products now that mean its not straghtening as much or smoothing, however i have heard many bad things about kerastraight so try looking for another brand, such as global keratin, nanokeratin system, keratin smooth or my preference, keratin revolution, and see if you have any improvement there :)

:suprised:...you said the 'F' word...I was too polite :)

Latest posts

Back