Keratin treatment gone wrong

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lozenja

Reaction score
Hi,

Im visiting from beauty. One of my clients came in and told me she had a keratin treatment through a Groupon special. She had a trainee working on her hair ( Not that that should matter)

Anyway this poor girl showed me her hair. It had broken off and was very dry and fried!! More like chemical straightening...

Can the brazilian blow dry keratin treatment do this if left on for the wrong amount of time or was another product used?!

She told me it was like an afro before she put morocon oil in it which seemed to smooth it a bit.

What should she do???

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Chemical straightening doesn't cause this sort of damage....not the system I use anyway!

But yes it can unfortunately do this to hair.....she needs moisture shampoo, conditioner, and treatments and an oil to smooth and soften more x

So how does this happen? I thought Keratin treatment was a treatment... conditioning the hair not drying it out?

So how does this happen? I thought Keratin treatment was a treatment... conditioning the hair not drying it out?

Straighteners set too higher temperature

Straighteners set too higher temperature

Perry is correct! Hate to say it this damage is irreparable. Even another Brazilian won't save it. She will have to do as Blue Rinse has advised, have it cut every 4-6 weeks.

Was her hair blonde? Blondes need a lower heat. She should go back to where this was done, as the poor trainee might not have a glue this has happened as this damage doesn't show until after the first wash.

Latest posts

Back