Kettlebell training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jellybaby1970

Reaction score
Does anybody do workouts using kettle bells? I started a week ago and I am loving it! I feel tight and toned already and even love the aches it is giving me and the fact that my abs ache when I move or cough. Definitely going to carry on with it, with some running and cycling #bikinibody :green:

Does anybody do workouts using kettle bells? I started a week ago and I am loving it! I feel tight and toned already and even love the aches it is giving me and the fact that my abs ache when I move or cough. Definitely going to carry on with it, with some running and cycling #bikinibody :green:

I'm on week 4! Couldn't sit Down after week one, week two didnt feel a thing so week three upped my weights to 6kg and boy did I feel it! I feel pumped afterwards lol

I did a kettlebell class on Tuesday, only today have I been able to walk up and down the stairs without being in agony!! But I hadn't really done anything since before Xmas!! Ouch doing it again on Tuesday a glutton for punishment!!!

I did a kettlebell class on Tuesday, only today have I been able to walk up and down the stairs without being in agony!! But I hadn't really done anything since before Xmas!! Ouch doing it again on Tuesday a glutton for punishment!!!

I found getting on and off the loo painful!

I found getting on and off the loo painful!

Me too! Don't know whether to get up and down slowly or just go for it and do it quickly! Lol :lol:

My OH always gets me to do this as he specializes in kettlebell and TRX, they are the best form of training you can do.

I hate the kettlebell snatches but boy does it blitz the unwanted fat!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Me too! Don't know whether to get up and down slowly or just go for it and do it quickly! Lol :lol:

Hands on the seat to pull yourself up lol
It does get easier then you start to miss the pain lol

I'm enjoying the pain I feel and the way my muscles shake after. Feels like its really working which I need. I do some with a 5kg and some with 7.5kg. I also get my husband to sit on my feet whilst I do full sit ups. They are a killer and he is a slave driver.....I think he is enjoying my pain as well!

I couldn't get in and out of my car for two days haha. I'm on week 3:)

I met a woman on holiday who had the most amazing body and she was a fitness instructor who swore by kettlebells.

So when I got home, I took a class at my gym and man I was in pain the next day! Even more than when I really push it in body pump.

They don't run a regular class though, it was a one off, so you just have to do it in the gym, but I don't really know what i'm doing. Otherwise I'd have a go to see if it could help get rid of my bingo wings!

I met a woman on holiday who had the most amazing body and she was a fitness instructor who swore by kettlebells.

So when I got home, I took a class at my gym and man I was in pain the next day! Even more than when I really push it in body pump.

They don't run a regular class though, it was a one off, so you just have to do it in the gym, but I don't really know what i'm doing. Otherwise I'd have a go to see if it could help get rid of my bingo wings!

I'm off to buy one today :)

I do kettlebells at home with a dvd and it is amazing how fast u notice the changes!

you see I saw your post and thought ooh a dvd great idea. But I know that it - and the kettlebell - would sit on a shelf gathering dust! Sigh. I need something at the gym.

Maybe I'll ask the nice man who works there to take me through it again, next time I'm there.

I went on YouTube and got all the basic moves from there. I did buy a DVD, used it once and 'lost' it somewhere! I do it for about 45 mins at a time with some added leg exercises and sit ups. After the initial pain it feels fab and you really get to look forward to it. I wouldn't be without mine now! :biggrin:

My dvd did sit unopened for quite a while but i eventually gave it a go and now do it at least 5 times a week. It's just one of those 10 minute solution dvds so i do it as soon as i get home from work and it's out the way. It really is amazing how quickly you start to tone up and change shape.

I have my 5th class tomorrow :) I went to buy one today but they only had 3kg or 9kg :(

Wow this sounds great!

My local centre run lots of kettlercise/kettlebells classes.... do you have to take your own kettle bell along usually or do they supply them?

I'm so naffed off. I'm eating about 1200 cals a day AND going to the gym 5 times a week where I burn 350/450 calories and been the same weight for a fortnight.:rolleyes: Getting very down about it.

This fatbuster sounds perfect (except that my arms are probably the weakest part of me)

I actually feel fairly toned from the gym but there's such a thick layer of fat over the top you wouldn't know I'd been :sad:

Wow this sounds great!

My local centre run lots of kettlercise/kettlebells classes.... do you have to take your own kettle bell along usually or do they supply them?

I'm so naffed off. I'm eating about 1200 cals a day AND going to the gym 5 times a week where I burn 350/450 calories and been the same weight for a fortnight.:rolleyes: Getting very down about it.

This fatbuster sounds perfect (except that my arms are probably the weakest part of me)

I actually feel fairly toned from the gym but there's such a thick layer of fat over the top you wouldn't know I'd been :sad:

I burn at least 900 cal at the gym lol
No you usually get kettles provided xx

Wow this sounds great!

If you're going to the gym 5 times a week then you won't weigh any less, assuming you're doing weights? When I first started Body Pump I gained half a stone of muscle in the first few months!

I've just done my kettlercise DVD workout at home and now my legs feel like jelly and all shaky lol. Not looking forward to the pain tomorrow of trying to walk up and down the stairs! Xx

Latest posts

Back