Killing the red!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunsen Honeydew

Reaction score
Hi, i have just done my friend's hair who is a natural base of a 7 but has previously dyed her hair red-brown and it's faded a lot (she had about an inch of natural regrowth then light warm brownish blonde on midlengths and ends).
Eventually her target shade is a natural beachy-surfer blonde look. I explained this can't happen straight away when there is so much warmth in the hair.
I did a full head of highlights using Wella Blondor Bleach powder and 12% on midlengths and ends and 9% on roots, and 12/1 Wella Koleston Perfect and 12%, two bleach weaves to one tint weave.
The colour has come out lighter, with blonde streaks which is what she wanted but still looks overall a caramel mid-blonde. Should I use a toner all over the hair or get her to use silver shampoo to kill some of the red/orange undertone? What would you suggest??

i would slam a toner on it myself, 10/1 pastel all over jus keep a close eye on the decent blonde bits that they dont over tone, infact avoid those bits where possible. . . thatll give it a cooler appearance. . even try 10v mousse or summin first if u want, either will make a difference. x

Hi

without seeing the hair its difficult to advise but would think a silverising mousse or shampoo or both would def help to neutralise

hths :)

i agree with scotty dolly you mays well get a toner on it, if u avoid the nicely blond bits what harm can it do?x

Latest posts

Back