Knitting!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tashytootoo

Reaction score
Hi all!

Just wondered if there were any fellow knitters here?

My mum has been teaching me since the beginning of the summer - I love it - find it so therapeutic!!! Altho obv it's hard to find the time to sit down and do it but its so relaxing when I do!!

My friends take the mick outta me as I'm in my 20's (altho be it late 20's) and I'm more than happy to stay in and knit hahaha

Here's what I've knitted - blue jumper for my godson, white sparkly cardi for my goddaughter and the dog being the most recent as finished him today! xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349641260.288195.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349641260.288195.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 161
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349641268.211861.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349641268.211861.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 159
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349641282.065310.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349641282.065310.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 171
Wow, you're really good! I've been knitting since my mum taught me when I was 9 and can still only knit a scarf (I'm 44!).

You've inspired me to start knitting again, properly, like you. My hubby works away all week so my nights are quite boring once the kids have gone to bed. Any excuse to get out of cleaning!

Just need to find my knitting needles now and get some wool. By the way, I love the doggy, how cute! Fab Christmas present ideas too! :)

Wow, you're really good! I've been knitting since my mum taught me when I was 9 and can still only knit a scarf (I'm 44!).

You've inspired me to start knitting again, properly, like you. My hubby works away all week so my nights are quite boring once the kids have gone to bed. Any excuse to get out of cleaning!

Just need to find my knitting needles now and get some wool. By the way, I love the doggy, how cute! Fab Christmas present ideas too! :)

Haha, me too. I can only knit in a straight line.

Although many years ago I managed to knit a baby hat in lots of girly coours because I was convinced I was having a girl.

I had a little boy and had to give all the hats away to a friend who had a girl.

Knitting has become a pretty big thing of recent times, certainly in America. The young women go to the cinema together and are knitting whilst watching the film.

Tashytootoo - clever girl, these items look fab!! xxx

Wow the dog looks amazing! You shouldgive them as gifts for xmas!

Aww thank you - I'm pretty surprised I managed to make them to be honest!

Yes, get those knitting needles out and get some photos posted of what you do :)

Hahaha that made me laugh re the girlie hats and then you had a boy!!! Typical isn't it!!

I kinda wanna do something for myself but I like doing the small things - think I'd get fed up and give up with adult sized things!! Xx

I used to hate Home Economics so much in School and I couldn't sew to save my life!

Thank God my Mam had taught me to knit and I was pardoned from the sewing and was allowed to knit instead - there were two boys in the class and I taught them too!

Remember this little poem...

In through the bunny hole, round the big tree, out through the bunny hole and off goes she.

I had to say that in my head when I was learning. :lol:

You're very good by the way; you should start a new group! ;)

I can knit but prefer to crochet.

Funnily enough I dug out my stuff and have been sat working away at a blankie for my neice.

I think the only thing I have any pics of is one of the baby girls hats I made when both my daughters were small.

My daughter looks a little shocked in this pic lol
30072007983.jpg

The hat looks huge on her lol:
chris_and_dawn_008.jpg

Here are pics I took just after making it (while still pregnant) so I used a doll to display it:
Front
P070310_1555_01.jpg

Back
P070310_1554.jpg

Last edited:
i couldnt love those hats anymore if i tried!!! i had my daughter in them constantly up til the age of one lol!!
I am doing a youtube search to learn knitting, I'm left handed so will be a bit backwards. My MIL knits beautifully but works full time and is right handed so I cant learn from her :( xxx

Wow love the hats!!!!! My Nana used to knit my dolls hats like that :) x

Oh my, that little dog is just too cute for words!

And such pretty hats!

You clever ladies! x

I'm 27 and I was taught knitting and crocheting when I was like 9-10. Your friends may make fun of you if they ever catch you doing it, but at least you can make cool things :) and it's more satisfying making something than buying it from the store!

Everything here looks awesome! Here's my stuff... My leg warmers and a lace pattern I'm working on.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349680918.817353.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349680918.817353.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 143
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349680930.564738.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349680930.564738.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 136
I'm 27 and I was taught knitting and crocheting when I was like 9-10. Your friends may make fun of you if they ever catch you doing it, but at least you can make cool things :) and it's more satisfying making something than buying it from the store!

Everything here looks awesome! Here's my stuff... My leg warmers and a lace pattern I'm working on.

Ahh wow - they look fab!! Love the idea of leg warmers!! Might have to go look for patterns!! x

Thanks :) leg warmers are easy. If you don't know how to use double pointed needles, you can just knit rectangles of any pattern and stitch them into tubes and voila! Leg warmers!

Thanks :) leg warmers are easy. If you don't know how to use double pointed needles, you can just knit rectangles of any pattern and stitch them into tubes and voila! Leg warmers!

Ahh clever!! I had to use double pointed needles for the dogs arms/legs and taught myself from youtube as my mum was away haha! x

Last edited:
I love knitting, my mum taught me when I was a lad, and since then I learnt bits from old fishermen and old ex-servicemen at a cafe I worked in as a teenager and from a friend of my nan's. I've put some pictures of toys I've knitted here, I'll take a few of some of the jumpers and cardigans I've knitted later!

mittens 005 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Elephant 073 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Owl 002 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

frogprince 108 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

LOVE them!!! The Elephant in particular!!!! x

The toy patterns are from Laura Long's "Knitted Toy Tales". I've knitted a pig, cat and a mouse as well from the book. I shall have to take some photos of them!

I LOVE knitting! My nan taught me when I was 9 or 10, then I had a looong break, picked it up when I was 22 (I'm 33 now) and I can't stop!

I've just finished a Starsky cardi for my dad as he's a big Starsky and Hutch fan. That was quite a job so I'm doing smaller xmassy things now. Right in the middle of a fair isle bauble! Love it!

I think i might learn to kit

Latest posts

Back