Knocked confidence and legal issues

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AuroraLoves

Reaction score
I posted on here last week about a client who had come back several days after a cut and colour, having basically decided it was rubbish, and demanding a refund. I offered to re do it for free, and she said no. She then went and had t done at another salon, is still asking for a refund, and threatening me with legal action. I'm really upset by this, as I don't know why she had such a problem in the first place, if it had been bad, I would have just accepted it.

I wouldn't worry about it, she's only saying that to get a refund, she's probably bluffing! It's hard but stand your ground and try not to worry, you offered to do it again for free, what more can you do, she's one of those people that will never be happy!

Smack her in the boob with a coat hanger!
On a serious note, she's completely invalidated any "guarantee" now. If I claim a colour will stay vibrant etc... For a month but after a week or 2 its dull then its free corrections. If they have not followed my recommendations such as OTC shampoo, or had another chemical service by anyone but me then tough, any of them reasons could alter their hair. Touch wood its not happened in any circumstance.
If for some reason they threatened legal action I would ask them for the persons dealing with it so a resolution could be sorted ASAP. They either poo them self or tell you. Don't stress it. Xoxo

She's trying it on. If you've never had a complaint before and the fact that she wouldn't allow you to rectify it, surely that shows that she's not genuine.

If she starts again, tell her that you'll be suing her for defamation of character.

Keep your chin up. x

I've had identical thing happen to me. After 4 days of hell - she was texting me every few minutes including nights and refusing all my reasonable offers and threatening legal action, I told her to stop contacting me or I'll report her for harassment. 1 more text after that and she totes pooped her pants and I never heard from her again!!! Please hunni don't worry, she's just a flippin chancer! Hugs xxxx

Yes i agree, she is trying it on stand your ground i have had a client like this. Unfortunatly in this world there are some people that do things like this often to get things free. Dont lose sleep over it youv offered 2 re-do it and shes refused. Not your problem chances are you wont here anything else from her x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Don't worry ,i had a letter from a client couple of years ago and it was almost unreadable scribbled on a piece of paper saying something like I had ruined her hair with the cut I gave her bla bla ,signature was unreadable no contact number or address have no idea who it was but im sure it was from the groupon deal I had done ,have never had a compliant about a cut before and I have been hairdressing for 15 year now ,i showed my colleges and thay said ignor it ,i felt like shi* especially because I couldn't even try and rectify the problem or know who it was ,rise above it ,not sure that there is really any legal action she can take now anyway ,what would she tell a solicitor :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I had this happen in my salon and it turned out that she did it in all the salons in my area to get free haircuts and treatments. very sad people about so dont worry, shes had it done by someone else now she hasnt a leg to stand on .:green:

Thank you for your reassurance everyone. It has been making me feel really bad, and is upsetting me. I have to go and see what the letter says today.

There is no court that would allow her a refund. You took all the proper steps. You were paid for a service performed and she left the salon happy... Because she went home and changed her mind is no reason she is owed her money back. Ignore her and go on with your business.

I now have a letter from her saying that she has been to citizens advice and if I don't refund in 7 days, she is taking me to small claims court.

You performed a service she was happy with, she changed her mind you offered to fix it!

I would give citizens advice a call yourself to see where you stand! She may be trying it in! Ignore her and see if she gets back in touch xx

She hasn't got a leg to stand on! There's no damage to her hair, no allergic reaction, in fact now there's no proof!! Contrary to belief it is actually hard to sue a hairdresser, hair will grow and color can be corrected, can't sue for those reasons. If she's threatening legal action as in small claims court, just ignore it as it will cost her more in the long run, I n is cos I tried it with a client, I dropped it in the end as she ignored all letters from the courts and I was at risk of loosing more money. She's calling your bluff, just double bluff her x

I can't for the life of me see CAB advising her to to write a threading letter.

Also they prob would of told her to through your insurance rather a small claims court.

Contact your insurance company and see what they advise you to do.

Until then cease all contact with her, until you get professional advice.

I now have a letter from her saying that she has been to citizens advice and if I don't refund in 7 days, she is taking me to small claims court.

Haha. Sorry I have to laugh. Citizens advice recommend a time scale of 14 days not 7 for most instances.
She's talking through her booty and the smell is following. Xoxo

I'm going to go to Citizens Advice tomorrow and find out what they might have actually told her. I don't believe her.

I don't believe her at all! If you've done nothing wrong dont worry about it (easier said than done! Lol) I'm sure that's what citizens advice will say!

Sweetie I can reassure you she's trying it on - if she decides to go to small claims court it will cost her almost £50 to start the court case + solicitor fees etc, she can't claim this monies of you and regardless of the outcome - it is non-refundable! Now think how much she paid you for the service and this amount on top - she'll be stupid if she went to court!, as a lawyer (not practicing now but have a degree!) I am telling you - do not worry, you have offered her to rectify the problem. So even if she goes to trading standards - she has no leg to stand on - she will loose because she is being unreasonable by refusing your offer of goodwill to rectify the issue. Refund is not something you must give her - you may fix the problem if you created one (which you clearly haven't!), your may offer her a voucher for the amount you you deem suitable but even these options are entirely up to you. CAB and solicitors will laugh her in the face if she was to turn up with such inquiry. Change of mind does not entitle a client to a refund or further free services! Please be strong huni, she is not worth it! Xxx

Latest posts

Back