Know it all friend/client...DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatsnoicenailz

Reaction score
Hi,

I just really need to have a little "vent"!

I have been trained in Creative L&P and Brisa Gels, I have been working for about 5 months now, next year, I would like to do further training and become fully qualified as a full blown nail tech.

Anyway on to the "vent"

I have a friend, i shall name her "D". When I did my training, I offered my services to friends (only a few) for free, so I could practice, they all understood that it was only for a while. they all came to me except "D". However now she has seen my work she has come to me and gotten herself Brisa Gels, i went to start and then question after question about what I'm doing, why this and why that. Now as it is I tell my clients step by step why I do everything, as other techs in the area don't do the full prep and I know I hate not knowing. So I'm working on "D" as I'm working she asks me why I don't use an electric drill, so I explained that in the hands of someone untrained it could get REALLY NASTY, and I never want to hurt or damage a clients nails so until I am qualified, i won't be touching one. Well she wasnt' happy with this and started to tell me about her sisters tech and how she doesn't believe in doing infills, she just files off everythng everytime and re-applies all the product. I just said of "that's nice, but I would be very careful not to touch a natural nail with a drill as the damage could be quite bad". It's like she is doubting every thing I do and say!

Then when I asked her what shape she would like she asked for squoval, I said yep no worries that's my most popular. After filing and shaping every nail on both hands she announces that she would like them more oval as I haven't done the squoval shape properly!!!!!!! I mean I did a square and rounded the edges just like I was taught and just like my text book said to do, so I pulled out my text book and asked her to pick a shape without looking at names, she chose OVAL!!!!!

Now everytime I see her it's question after question, she is driving me insane!!!! she hears a bit about nails or reads something in a magazine about acrylic/gels and she thinks she is a bloody expert!!!! She is a drafter, and with after having a total of 2 sets done she claims to know everything, now that would be like me turning around and saying that I'm a drafter because I drew some pictures in year 8 graphics!!!

Sorry I know this was a long one but she is driving me nuts and had to have a vent!!!!

Anyone got a similar story or advice, my tounge is getting really sore from biting it!

thanks
Dannielle
That's Noice Nailz!
Queensland Australia

hi danielle, i would definitley keep her out of my book- whatever it takes to achieve it. i am no expert when it comes to gels,lol, but im sure you arent supposed to use a e-file for them as they file very easily compared to l&p. hopefully another geek can confirm this? if so you can tell your client her sisters techs doing the wrong thing if shes a gel user:wink2: . i would be very upfront with her next time she tells you what to do, and ask her why does she still return when she isnt happy with the way you do her nails? may offend her greatly,but she has been offending you all along, nothing to lose, everything to gain!

Theres always one!
Ask her to do her own nails or do yours for you if she knows so much.
Im sure she'll be asking you for help all the way!

Jealously. I'll bet it's the reason she took so long to come to you in first place and puts your work down. Has she offered to ask her sister to come over to help build up a client base? Not much of a friend hun, I agree with Melody Jayne if she contiues to carry on this manner tell her the arrangement isn't working out.

thanks girls for your tips!

Unfortuantly her sister lives 4 hours away so I can't even have a peek at her nails.

We just went away for a wedding on the weekend, the bride another friend had her nails done by a little salon and they were nice enough (she went down to where her wedding was 2 weeks ago, so I couldn't do them) but not my style but hey I'm not going to tell a bride on the day of her wedding that they look terrible, white tip stuck on very short natural nail, so her french manicure starts 3/4 way down nail plate and a rather fan shaped filing job....NOICE!!! However good old "D" was there to pass her professional opinion on! Another friend and i had a good laugh.

Then over dinner at the wedding "D" told me she was giving her nails a rest for a few weeks as there were in terrible shape and peeling (the natural nail that is) and they were just so damaged!!!! I was fed up with her being a pain in the a$$ so I told her she was stupid to rip them off her nails and she was the one who made the damage not me, if she wanted them removed she could have asked me to do it or gone and at least bought herself some acetone!!! I explain to al my clients the dangers of peeling off nails, if they choose to wreck them then they are idiots!!!!

I think I will always be "busy" when D calls for an appointment, it's really not worth the hassel, and she shouldn't be too concerned considering how "crap" Iam!!!!

Okay thanks girls!

Dannielle
That's Noice Nailz!
Queensland Australia

I would tell her that you've been trained by the worlds leaders in nails. Then...................make like a parrot. Every single time she asks 'Why?................', keep saying, 'Coz they're doing it wrong' and offer no explanation. She'll soon get the message. If she doesn't, glue her hands to your nails desk and nip down the pub for a drink. HTH. xxx

I would tell her that you've been trained by the worlds leaders in nails. Then...................make like a parrot. Every single time she asks 'Why?................', keep saying, 'Coz they're doing it wrong' and offer no explanation. She'll soon get the message. If she doesn't, glue her hands to your nails desk and nip down the pub for a drink. HTH. xxx

Kimmi - Thanks for the laugh!!!!! I needed that! And your name is from the tv show that I got my business name from, Kath and Kim, have you heard of it?

Dannielle
That's Noice Nailz!
Queensland Australia

thatsnoicenailz said:
Kimmi - Thanks for the laugh!!!!! I needed that! And your name is from the tv show that I got my business name from, Kath and Kim, have you heard of it?

Dannielle
That's Noice Nailz!
Queensland Australia

Look at me Kimmi.................look at me. Love it. xxx

Kimmi Rocks said:
Look at me Kimmi.................look at me. Love it. xxx
Please tell us you don,t look like either one of them or i think i may pmsl...

we are so in the same boat!!!!!!

my cousin is driving me up the wall with her nails. "that's not how "B" (her old tech) did it", "B never did it like that", "my nails were longer when B did them"

holy friggin crap! i am so tired of her name!

i've tried telling her that i don't use an efile and i'm not going to until i can find the correct training, and that her nails were so long when B did them because SHE DID IT WRONG!!! and not to mention that every nail B did would lift before she went back for her 2 week appointments - every time!!! like this was the norm... she wanted long nails this past appt. i made them long but told her that they wouldn't last. i just got an email 5 minutes ago from her... 3 (of those long friggin talons) are lifting, ahem, and i quote... "so what do you want to do about it?" how friggin' snotty is that??? plus she doesn't want to pay for her broken nails, and expects me to drop everything to fit her in.

i'm biting my tongue, what i want you to do is GO FIND SOMEBODY ELSE TO PUT UP WITH YOU.

whew, i feel better now!

ok, big hug!:hug: they'll go away one day... hopefully without a fight.

twinkletoes910 said:
we are so in the same boat!!!!!!

my cousin is driving me up the wall with her nails. "that's not how "B" (her old tech) did it", "B never did it like that", "my nails were longer when B did them"

holy friggin crap! i am so tired of her name!

i've tried telling her that i don't use an efile and i'm not going to until i can find the correct training, and that her nails were so long when B did them because SHE DID IT WRONG!!! and not to mention that every nail B did would lift before she went back for her 2 week appointments - every time!!! like this was the norm... she wanted long nails this past appt. i made them long but told her that they wouldn't last. i just got an email 5 minutes ago from her... 3 (of those long friggin talons) are lifting, ahem, and i quote... "so what do you want to do about it?" how friggin' snotty is that??? plus she doesn't want to pay for her broken nails, and expects me to drop everything to fit her in.

i'm biting my tongue, what i want you to do is GO FIND SOMEBODY ELSE TO PUT UP WITH YOU.

whew, i feel better now!

ok, big hug!:hug: they'll go away one day... hopefully without a fight.

Cousin or not I would politely say to her "well, I'm sorry that I am not as good as B, so maybe you should go back and see her/him as you were obviously happier with their work":o :Scared:

See what she has to say then:biggrin:

Please tell us you don,t look like either one of them or i think i may pmsl...

No, I don't look like either of them but god they crack me up! Oh and I do say Noice alot!

twinkletoes910 - Why do they continue to come to us if we are so crap?? Nah I've had enough, I have heaps of other VERY happy clients who I enjoy doing nails for so stuff em' sorry the customer/client isn't always right!

hi
i would not bother with her if she thinks she knows it all with nails why isnt she doing it her self why come to u and pick everything u do i think that is just rude and u shouldnt have to put up with it tell her to go to her sisters/friends tech u knoe what ur doing and thats all that matters if she dosent like the way u do things tell her to go else why ..... dont put up with it u derseve better and i know im just leaning nearly finished cert 2 i know how hard it is to do nails and i appreaciate it more when i get mine done she needs to stop being so rude to u
good luck and dont bite ur tongue off:biggrin:

freinds can be cr*p when it comes to doing their nails!

The other night i was with some mates before we went out and one of them asked me how much I charge. Before I even opened my mouth I heard 'Oh she will do them for free' WHAT!?!?! so I politely explained that I still charge full price for mates but will do a bit of nail art for free. (she even asked if the cost was per hand or for them both! bless!)

Unless you can explain to her how troublesome she is being in a nice way I really wouldn't bother with her anymore! she is more trouble than she is worth!

Good Luck!

XXX

Latest posts

Back