Koleston Perfect 8/0 with 30 vol orange roots help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funkidoo

Reaction score
Hello,

i'm just needing a bit of advice please. I have attached a couple of pics for reference.

I have been using KP for years. I am a base 7 and I started with a 8/7 Over the years I went a few shades higher to blend in with the lighter grown out previous colour. So I started of a mid brown and aim to go blonde. I have just used KP 8/0 and now I am orange/yellow/brassy. I applied it to the roots which were about an inch thick and blended it in to the old colour slightly.

I have ordered Blondor powder bleach online and was thinking maybe try and add a few to brighten it up, but again, i'm not sure if if will just make things worse. All i want is a nice blonde colour. Do i need to use a toner? if so, what do you recomend? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• yellow.jpg
    yellow.jpg
    873 KB · Views: 42
  • yyelown.jpg
    yyelown.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Hello,

i'm just needing a bit of advice please. I have attached a couple of pics for reference.

I have been using KP for years. I am a base 7 and I started with a 8/7 Over the years I went a few shades higher to blend in with the lighter grown out previous colour. So I started of a mid brown and aim to go blonde. I have just used KP 8/0 and now I am orange/yellow/brassy. I applied it to the roots which were about an inch thick and blended it in to the old colour slightly.

I have ordered Blondor powder bleach online and was thinking maybe try and add a few to brighten it up, but again, i'm not sure if if will just make things worse. All i want is a nice blonde colour. Do i need to use a toner? if so, what do you recomend? Thank you in advance.
I take it you're a qualified hairdresser?

I am yes, but it's been 30 years so I don't really class myself as one. I've forgotten so much.

I am yes, but it's been 30 years so I don't really class myself as one. I've forgotten so much.
Do you know what your target shade is? Do you want to be lighter or just more of a natural level 8?

Ideally similar to 12/81

Ideally similar to 12/81
Personally I'd bleach it to a level 10 (inside of a ripe banana) and then use 10/86+10/0 to tone. 12/81 won't be any good in this situation.

Thanks Ronray,, I'll take your advice. Should i use 20 or 30 vol?

Thanks Ronray,, I'll take your advice. Should i use 20 or 30 vol?
I would only use 3% or 6% maximum. Start with your mid lengths and ends, wait until they lift to a level 8 then apply at the roots. Wait until it lifts to a level 10. Shampoo towel dry, and then tone with 1part 10/86 + 1part 10/0 +2 parts pastel /1.9%. Process for up to 20 minutes.

Latest posts

Back