Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't even kno where to start so many good ones

I use stamping on top of a Shellac manicure. I find the Konad Black and Dark Blue polishes so pigmented that they stain the cuticles a little, especially if you have to re stamp on the same nail. It wears off after a few days, but it still looks a little scruffy. Does any one have any tips on stopping this happening?

Just a couple of mine :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399922614.339151.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399922627.779291.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399922646.260224.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399922662.971482.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399922675.739426.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399922699.834525.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399922717.257346.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399922745.794209.jpg

*~*~*~* Saucy Sweetheart *~*~*~*

I use stamping on top of a Shellac manicure. I find the Konad Black and Dark Blue polishes so pigmented that they stain the cuticles a little, especially if you have to re stamp on the same nail. It wears off after a few days, but it still looks a little scruffy. Does any one have any tips on stopping this happening?

Have a brush or cotton bud/orange stick with cotton wool dipped in non acetone polish.

Stamp and then immediately clean the excess off. Make sure you use a new cotton bud or clean your brush as you go which stops you smearing any of the highly pigmented polish around.

Pull back the side walls as much as you can to prevent stamping on them as much.

Hope that helps x

Have a brush or cotton bud/orange stick with cotton wool dipped in non acetone polish.

Stamp and then immediately clean the excess off. Make sure you use a new cotton bud or clean your brush as you go which stops you smearing any of the highly pigmented polish around.

Pull back the side walls as much as you can to prevent stamping on them as much.

Hope that helps x

I stamp a whole hand, apply Shellac top coat, cure, then remove tacky layer/ surplus polish, that is probably why it's staining, because I am leaving it too long.
Today I was playing with some new MoYou stamps with the black, on my own nails, after a few attempts I changed my mind and went with pink instead. Consequently two of my fingers are badly stained (hence no photos).

I have just given them a good going over using with a q tip and NA remover, they look much better. Many thanks.

Last edited:
Naww!!! Cheers ladies!!!!

I thought I would mention that MoYou have some new plates, including a Bridal Stamping Collection released yesterday, in both their standard and XL (for larger/longer nails) plates.
It's worth taking a peek. I ordered two Bridal and the Rio Tourist one, ready for the World Cup......can't wait for them to arrive.......yay.

I thought I would mention that MoYou have some new plates, including a Bridal Stamping Collection released yesterday, in both their standard and XL (for larger/longer nails) plates.
It's worth taking a peek. I ordered two Bridal and the Rio Tourist one, ready for the World Cup......can't wait for them to arrive.......yay.

Oooooh! Just saw the bridal ones today....I feel a purchase coming on ;) xx

Ordered both the bridal lace plates when they were released yesterday and somehow the Hawaii plate also ended up in my cart oops:lol: really impressed by the moyou plates.

Ordered both the bridal lace plates when they were released yesterday and somehow the Hawaii plate also ended up in my cart oops:lol: really impressed by the moyou plates.

I so wanted the Hawaii plate, but as I have the Cheeky holiday set (similar images) I felt I couldn't justify it, but when did that stop me :D

Oooooh! Just saw the bridal ones today....I feel a purchase coming on ;) xx

I think you are as addicted to stamping as me....I stopped counting how many plates I have as I started to feel guilty.

More of mine.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400406459.484831.jpg

Im thinking of getting some moyou plates to try as i dont really get on with konad, which is the best stamp to use, small or large? and if using large, are there specific plates that you have to use with it? X

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hiya geeks! I LOVE stamping but I just wanted to ask a few questions as I feel I could improve.
Your stamping images look so clear and vivid! I use all different polishes to stamp but none come out that bright and not clear and even? I clean the stamp and plate with acetone after each nail? What am I doing wrong? Also I've noticed on the moyou plates that the have really big images? What's the purpose of this as I don't know how that would fit on the nail?

Sent from my XT890 using SalonGeek mobile app

Im thinking of getting some moyou plates to try as i dont really get on with konad, which is the best stamp to use, small or large? and if using large, are there specific plates that you have to use with it? X

The MoYou plates are great - the images are cut deeper than most plates so you usually get a really good transfer onto the nail.

I've got the small, Xl and rectangular stampers. I love the rectangular one as it is easier to get patterns lined up - but it is silicon and some of my polishes simply don't transfer to them - the metallics do! This and the xl stamper are great for long or wide nails - you can use them for smaller images but my thumbs are just too wide for most images. Here is a great link for sizes of images - Oooh, Shinies!: Stamping Plate Sizes

Also it is good to have both a white and another colour - as you simply can't see if you have got a good transfer of white polish on a white stamper!

If you get a silicon stamper you really have to take care of it - don't use acetone free polish remover to clean it - I always use scotch tape to clean mine now - see this link - 4 ways to get an XL squishy stamper to work | messy mansion

The MoYou plates are great - the images are cut deeper than most plates so you usually get a really good transfer onto the nail.

I've got the small, Xl and rectangular stampers. I love the rectangular one as it is easier to get patterns lined up - but it is silicon and some of my polishes simply don't transfer to them - the metallics do! This and the xl stamper are great for long or wide nails - you can use them for smaller images but my thumbs are just too wide for most images. Here is a great link for sizes of images - Oooh, Shinies!: Stamping Plate Sizes

Also it is good to have both a white and another colour - as you simply can't see if you have got a good transfer of white polish on a white stamper!

If you get a silicon stamper you really have to take care of it - don't use acetone free polish remover to clean it - I always use scotch tape to clean mine now - see this link - 4 ways to get an XL squishy stamper to work | messy mansion

Thats great, thank you, i don't suppose you know which plate would be good for geometric shapes? I have a client who wants them and think it would be easier with a stamp! X

Hiya geeks! I LOVE stamping but I just wanted to ask a few questions as I feel I could improve.
Your stamping images look so clear and vivid! I use all different polishes to stamp but none come out that bright and not clear and even? I clean the stamp and plate with acetone after each nail? What am I doing wrong? Also I've noticed on the moyou plates that the have really big images? What's the purpose of this as I don't know how that would fit on the nail?

Sent from my XT890 using SalonGeek mobile app

Why is it you can never find that link when you want it!

There are some great tutorials that will show you how to get nice crisp images - see below. If you are using a silicone stamper you use a slightly different technique and this may help if you are smudging your image when you roll it onto the nail with one of the harder stampers.

Oooh, Shinies!: How To: Stamping!

Indian Ocean Polish: Everything I Know About Nail Stamping! (Updated regularly)

Tips and Tricks | messy mansion

Re the MoYou full picture image plates there are loads of tutorials on how to use them e.g. :-
MoYou London Stamping Plates & Stamper Review & Demo! - YouTube

Also, why not try this tip of cutting out a window to select your image (see - ChitChatNails » Blog Archive » MoYou Aritist Collection 11)

Thats great, thank you, i don't suppose you know which plate would be good for geometric shapes? I have a client who wants them and think it would be easier with a stamp! X

There are loads of geometric images - MoYou have a good selection e.g.

heartnat: Saran Wrap Smush & Triangles with MoYou London Pro 02 XL

Also, Messey Mansion have really good quality plates - their own MM series, with larger than average size images - I love their chevron plate

http://www.messymansion.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/MM12_banner.jpg

Or how about

http://thenailpolishproject.com/?p=4699

Manic Talons: A Perfect Pair: Girly Bits Nail Lacquer and Gel Polish

They are based in Auz - but their shipping is really quick.

Puneen are also worth looking at.

Latest posts

Back