Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AngieG your pictures are great quality they are lovely (as are your nails!) what camera do you use? Xx

AngieG your pictures are great quality they are lovely (as are your nails!) what camera do you use? Xx

Thank you :). I use the camera on my iPhone 4 and then crop the pics etc. My nail studio has Just daylight bulbs in as I have no natural light so that helps. Some if the colours are really hard to capture correctly tho.x

Thank you ladies will be trying out your tips tomorrow.xx

Thank you :). I use the camera on my iPhone 4 and then crop the pics etc. My nail studio has Just daylight bulbs in as I have no natural light so that helps. Some if the colours are really hard to capture correctly tho.x

Really??? I was expecting you to say you had some super duper camera!! Right I think I'm going to have to work on my photography skills!! Xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401483201.595349.jpg

The new Moyou London Bridal collection plates xx

Hello, I have been looking at plates with different designs and different brands. Now I'm more confused than ever. I've never done stamping before. I think konad seems the most popular choice but how on earth do I choose. Someone please help lol. I will prob go for 4/5 plates to start. I don't really like pictures as such, I prefer whole nail covers, swirls, hearts, patterns for myself but what would you suggest to be the most popular... Like a best sellers selection. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated :)

Bundle Monster plate 314
With Shellac Tinted Love and Barry M silver polish

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 435
View attachment 66453

The new Moyou London Bridal collection plates xx

Im still struggling with my stamping :( ive bought the Barry M gold foil polish & still not great....sobs loudly! May have to invest in Konad polishes. The images are just not clear & some doesnt pick up at all. Frustrated x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Im still struggling with my stamping :( ive bought the Barry M gold foil polish & still not great....sobs loudly! May have to invest in Konad polishes. The images are just not clear & some doesnt pick up at all. Frustrated x

Oh no!! My Barry M ones work brill!

Remind me - are you using MoYou plates?? These are the deepest etched plates I've worked with and you almost need to "scrub" the polish into these images to the polish into them.

With Konad or Bundle Monster, I can get away with a small amount of polish.

xx

Oh no!! My Barry M ones work brill!

Remind me - are you using MoYou plates?? These are the deepest etched plates I've worked with and you almost need to "scrub" the polish into these images to the polish into them.

With Konad or Bundle Monster, I can get away with a small amount of polish.

xx

Yes MoYou ones. When you say scrub? Im putting a line of polish just at the edge of the image to swipe with scrapper accross. I am putting alot of polish on the plate. Is this wrong Sarah? Im so desperate to master this, I love stamping but cant get it to work fully x

Yes MoYou ones. When you say scrub? Im putting a line of polish just at the edge of the image to swipe with scrapper accross. I am putting alot of polish on the plate. Is this wrong Sarah? Im so desperate to master this, I love stamping but cant get it to work fully x

I found a line is not enough on the moyou plates. Cover the whole image with polish and go back and forth over it with the brush to really get into the image grooves. I found this helped to get a better image on the stamper after I'd scraped xx

Hi Helen

I have both the foil effects and the Konad silver and gold polishes and the Barry M ones are honestly the better stamping polishes (I use the Konad ones if I want a more subtle effect)

It may be your stamper - check out guides to preparing your stamper e.g.
Indian Ocean Polish: Everything I Know About Nail Stamping! (Updated regularly)
or
http://www.messymansion.com.au/tutorials/4-ways-to-get-an-xl-stamper-to-work/

Also, remember to take off the blue protective film from the plate

Hi Helen

I have both the foil effects and the Konad silver and gold polishes and the Barry M ones are honestly the better stamping polishes (I use the Konad ones if I want a more subtle effect)

It may be your stamper - check out guides to preparing your stamper e.g.
Indian Ocean Polish: Everything I Know About Nail Stamping! (Updated regularly)

Also, remember to take off the blue protective film from the plate

Thanks for your help. Ive buffed my stamper. Taken the stamper & massaged it. Blue film is removed. Im at a loss as to why its not working perfectly :banghead:

Hello, I have been looking at plates with different designs and different brands. Now I'm more confused than ever. I've never done stamping before. I think konad seems the most popular choice but how on earth do I choose. Someone please help lol. I will prob go for 4/5 plates to start. I don't really like pictures as such, I prefer whole nail covers, swirls, hearts, patterns for myself but what would you suggest to be the most popular... Like a best sellers selection. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated :)

It is very difficult when you first start of stamping, as it can be very personal and there are lots of variables. What one person gets on with others don't. Also, the image sizes vary from brand to brand, Pueen and Konad are quite small and can make stamping onto larger nails tricky. MoYou plates are great and do three different types of plates, that are great for different nail sizes.
Getting a kit or set may help you with your decision.
Can I suggest you have a look on Amazon at Cheeky and Bundle Monster plates, and Pueen plates on eBay, their Love Elements set is fab. All of these do sets of plates, with lots of mixed images and work out better value for money.

It is very difficult when you first start of stamping, as it can be very personal and there are lots of variables. What one person gets on with others don't. Also, the image sizes vary from brand to brand, Pueen and Konad are quite small and can make stamping onto larger nails tricky. MoYou plates are great and do three different types of plates, that are great for different nail sizes.
Getting a kit or set may help you with your decision.
Can I suggest you have a look on Amazon at Cheeky and Bundle Monster plates, and Pueen plates on eBay, their Love Elements set is fab. All of these do sets of plates, with lots of mixed images and work out better value for money.

Hello. Thankyou for your advice I have ordered a couple of konad plates and polishes to see how I go. The Pueen plate you suggested looks great but seems to only be available in America. There is one in the Uk but works out nearly £70 which is quite a lot for me just to try out. However I will bear it in mind for the future if I become a stamp lover. Thank again :)

Hello. Thankyou for your advice I have ordered a couple of konad plates and polishes to see how I go. The Pueen plate you suggested looks great but seems to only be available in America. There is one in the Uk but works out nearly £70 which is quite a lot for me just to try out. However I will bear it in mind for the future if I become a stamp lover. Thank again :)

I spotted the £70.00 one. Very strange. I got mine last year from Amazon UK for under £20.00. Try out the ones you have bought, but don't give up, practice does make it better.
Have a look as the other stamping threads, there are some good tips in there.

Latest posts

Back