Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eeeeeek... Look what's just arrived :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350308611.754695.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350308611.754695.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 426
Cannot for the life of me, do any of the Konad or cheeky French designs. It's driving me CRAZY!! They have now been hidden away so clients can't ask for them.

It's so frustrating. Full designs too, some are so easy and others are just so darn hard :irked:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Cannot for the life of me, do any of the Konad or cheeky French designs. It's driving me CRAZY!! They have now been hidden away so clients can't ask for them.

It's so frustrating. Full designs too, some are so easy and others are just so darn hard :irked:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

aww that's a shame Planky, the french designs can be tricky but luckily I don't have many clients ask for these, most want the full coverage ones and I do tend to guide them more towards these. For french what I find easier is actually not to use the french designs, instead I use one of the full coverage ones, stamp the tip of the nail and then with cotton wool wrapped around an orange stick (or a cotton bud) dipped in some remover I create a smile line.

Last edited:
Example ..

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 452
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 454
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 385
aww that's a shame Planky, the french designs can be tricky but luckily I don't have many clients ask for these, most want the full coverage ones and I do tend to guide them more towards these. For french what I find easier is actually not to use the french designs, instead I use one of the full coverage ones, stamp the tip of the nail and then with cotton wool wrapped around an orange stick (or a cotton bud) dipped in some remover I create a smile line.

Great idea... I haven't tried French yet but will bare this in mind xx

Ah

For french what I find easier is actually not to use the french designs, instead I use one of the full coverage ones, stamp the tip of the nail and then with cotton wool wrapped around an orange stick (or a cotton bud) dipped in some remover I create a smile line.

Awesome tip thank you soooo much :hug:

Arty roc - what a fab idea can't believe I didn't think of doing that.. Lol

My new toys turned up today (bundle monster) so had to have a go onto of my gelish x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350487862.865584.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350487862.865584.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 402
Ohhh.....Bats!!! they have Bats!? :D Oh please do tell which plate? They look fab btw.

Thank u :) They r on the BM Plate number 213 xx

Without reading through all 62 pages of this thread can anyone suggest what other brand of polishes work with the stamps other than the konad ones.
Thanks x

Hi guys my clients are lovig nail art at the moment so thinking of getting the konad kit but how is it done with Shellac? Xxx

Just started using it with shellac, wish I'd done it ages ago love it I just apply to the sticky layer of shellac then seal with my shellac top coat

So u have to use the konad paints under the top coat?

So u have to use the konad paints under the top coat?

I finish service as normal, including top coat, then konad, then topcoat again! That way you can wipe it off if you make a mistake or place it in the wrong place xxx

I just got all the 2011/2012 bundle monster plates and they arrived today. Had a play and LOVE the halloween ones.. Only problem is I really have to learn how to top coat without smudging.. I've read all the stuff on here that says you basically have to float without touching it, but it seems that my OPI topcoat is smudging regardless.. Going to try again tonight when kids are in bed and topcoat with Gelish TIO! I

Super excited to play with them all though!

As you can see--my first attempt wasn't the greatest. LOL.

Attachments

• 487064_300177226764585_1677258058_n.jpg
    487064_300177226764585_1677258058_n.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 433
I just got all the 2011/2012 bundle monster plates and they arrived today. Had a play and LOVE the halloween ones.. Only problem is I really have to learn how to top coat without smudging.. I've read all the stuff on here that says you basically have to float without touching it, but it seems that my OPI topcoat is smudging regardless.. Going to try again tonight when kids are in bed and topcoat with Gelish TIO! I

Super excited to play with them all though!

As you can see--my first attempt wasn't the greatest. LOL.

They look good :). I use gelish tio over stamping, works great. I put a coat of tio, cure , wipe then stamp, tio. That way I can remove the image with non acetone remover and try again. I've notice that you use Gelish, too. Do you think Geilsh is more popular in North America than in the UK?

I just finished redoing them with TIO. Works SO much better! I was only using OPI top gloss because I was doing it quickly while my little one was napping and didn't want to pull all my stuff out. No smudging at all with the tio! Love these new stamps!

Eeeeeek... Look what's just arrived :)

Mine arrived yesterday too!! Will be spending all weekend stamping!! Forget housework, kids, shopping, husband, dogs..... I am going to be knee high in Shellac/polish & STAMPS!!! #heaven ;)

My first time stamping! She's getting married today so pressure was on but she loved them :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350727074.994151.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350727074.994151.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 454

Latest posts

Back