Konad & Bio gel - Stamp wiped off with Dual Cleanse after top coat of S Gel? Help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lozenja

Reaction score
Hey Geeks,

I searched the forum but could not find a thread about bio-gel and Konad...

I did

1. clear gel
2. pink gel x 2
3. sealer gel
4. dual cleanse
5. konad stamp (fishnet pattern with white)
6. s gel

wiped with dual cleanse
then print came off!! so did 2 coats s gel and still was coming off!! omg!!!
Had to buff down nail and do the print again seal again then wipe with 100% alcohol to get the tacky layer off :sad:

My konad with Shellac was perfect... the top coat sealed it in perfectly...

What to do?? Should I use another type of gel to seal it in?? Like sealer gel? I'm confused

It looked so awesome, so was very disappointing...

Is your s gel curing properly?

xx

I was also having this problem when putting UV top coat over the konad, sometimes or on some fingers it was fine, but wiped off on others. Another helpful geek (sorry cant remember who) suggested doing:

1 x base
2 x colour
1 x sealer (leaving tacky layer after curing)
Konad on to sticky layer
1 x uv top coat

I've only had a chance to try it this way once, but it did work fine and none of the stamp wiped off. hth

I did also notice that if you check the nail after its come out of the lamp with your finishing coat, look at it closely before wiping the residue off and if it has not covered the konad properly you can see the patches, so just give it another coat and pop it in.

Hi,

I do mine just how rainbowbright has said and have no problems.

mmm will try sealer then uv next time. The S gel had 4 mins to cure so should have been fine? I only do after work hours so am unsure hoe long the bulbs would last? Bought the machine almost a year ago but only have 3-4 clients a week... Will let you know How I go!!

Hey Geeks,

I searched the forum but could not find a thread about bio-gel and Konad...

I did

1. clear gel
2. pink gel x 2
3. sealer gel
4. dual cleanse
5. konad stamp (fishnet pattern with white)
6. s gel

wiped with dual cleanse
then print came off!! so did 2 coats s gel and still was coming off!! omg!!!
Had to buff down nail and do the print again seal again then wipe with 100% alcohol to get the tacky layer off :sad:

My konad with Shellac was perfect... the top coat sealed it in perfectly...

What to do?? Should I use another type of gel to seal it in?? Like sealer gel? I'm confused

It looked so awesome, so was very disappointing...

Sorry I have been side tracked by the 5 layers of gel you have used -that's a lot of gel.

Back to your question, is it possible you forgot to cure the nail after Konad and S gel? so when you wiped it with Dual Cleanse they both came off together?

Sorry I have been side tracked by the 5 layers of gel you have used -that's a lot of gel.

Back to your question, is it possible you forgot to cure the nail after Konad and S gel? so when you wiped it with Dual Cleanse they both came off together?

No def cured s gel for 4 mins. How many coats of gel would you do with nail art? My manuals say so many diff options I am overwhelmed...

I normally stick to 4 coats fingers 3 coats toes ( unless rockstar)

I could always stamp into tacky coat of colour rather than the sealer.. Then UV over Konad?

No def cured s gel for 4 mins. How many coats of gel would you do with nail art? My manuals say so many diff options I am overwhelmed...

I normally stick to 4 coats fingers 3 coats toes ( unless rockstar)

I could always stamp into tacky coat of colour rather than the sealer.. Then UV over Konad?

I would do the Konad over the colour layer and whatever you would normally use as the final layer over the top of that.

Ther are too many options no wonder you are overwhelmed!!! That's why I went back to basics - clear, colour, colour, top coat (polish, not gel).

Jacqui xx

mmm will try sealer then uv next time. The S gel had 4 mins to cure so should have been fine? I only do after work hours so am unsure hoe long the bulbs would last? Bought the machine almost a year ago but only have 3-4 clients a week... Will let you know How I go!!

Hi Lozenja,

Bio recommend that your bulbs are replaced at least every six months as even if they are not used alot, they deteriorate.

After your base, colour, clear, wipe, refine if needed, or wipe, buff over lightly with awhite block, make sure nails are dust free then stamp and final coat.

Don't think it is my lamp.. I bought a new CND lamp not that long ago and my shellac is curing perfectly. I use that lamp in combination with my Bio one and they both wiped off (not completely but enought to be annoying!!)

Latest posts

Back